Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262165 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. No one needs an abortion for a pregnancy that already spontaneously aborted. That's ridiculous. They want to claim they have medical knowledge and yet they don't know shit.
Of course, if there's no pregnancy, there is no pregnancy to abort. Can you name who is saying that all D&Cs are abortions of pregnancy in a short, succinct post? Please don't write one of your tedious essays :-!

Atrisco Village

#262167 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The indication for the procedure is charted at the time of event, of course."
Exactly what we've been saying. So why are you and your friends arguing about it? You're arguing just to argue and not telling us anything we don't already know.
The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the first sentence you wrote, and the point we PLers have been making.
My dear little woman, relax and be quiet for one moment. Since you obviously know very little about what goes on my side of the hospital desk, I can't assume that you know anything about what charts are on the rack and what charts are in the permanent files. And, from what you write, you don't know much. You are very closed-minded and you need to feel that you are the "winner" of every conversation in which you insert yourself. That attitude makes you a perpetual loser. Lighten up, girl.

Atrisco Village

#262168 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're not clear on the mechanics of sex. I'm not surprised.
Do you remember the movie, Seven?

Atrisco Village

#262169 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. EXACTLY!
That is why foo looks ridiculous calling a D & C "an abortion procedure". Like I said many have D & C s and they arent even pregnant.
I agree with you on that. However, maybe there is technical terminology which supports Foo's statement. Not being in Women's Health, I don't know all the particulars of that specialty. Does it matter all that much?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262170 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember the movie, Seven?
Never had any desire to see it. Not my kind of movie :)

Atrisco Village

#262171 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but nothing you say on here medically shows that you are a RN.
Nothing.
Do you ever work? You said that you were contemplating going on food stampsntoo.Why not go work? Anywhere for that matted?
When did you go to school even if you are on here round the clock?
What do you do for a living, honey? I don't see that you're have any skills or education in anything on here, but I figure you must have some ability and vocation. I mostly at work at night, silly. If you actually looked before you spewed, you would see that I have an ever changing schedule. You want my story? Here you go, you little busybody: As for school, I graduated in April, worked my old job full time for the summer, took and passed the NCLEX in Sept, and was just offered my first nursing job this week, to be starting in a week or two. I will be working three to four 12-hour, overnight shifts/week. The food stamps conversation took place months ago, love. Luckily, I got my hours back at my old job, so I didn't need assistance. See, some of us are living and loving a life that moves, progresses, grows. Others, I guess like you, are living,enduring a life that stagnates.You seem to be very angry, unhappy and unfulfilled. I'm sorry :-\ Now, would you like to dispel my preconception of you and your life, as I did for you?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262172 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Again...thank you. It is NOT an abortion like they are saying. It's a medical procedure to clean out the uterus. It CAN be used to perform an abortion.
No one said a D&C for a spontaneous abortion was an elective abortion. Everyone has been telling you the procedure, the D&C is the exact same procedure done during an elective abortion. If a woman electively aborts medically or surgically she has to return to make sure it's complete. Her uterus will be scraped by dilation and curettage. The same dilation and curettage that a woman would get if she spontaneously aborted. No one that I've seen has said that a spontaneous abortion is the same as an elective. We've been saying the procedure to scrape the uterus is the same and you and Lil are the ones saying it's for different reasons such as infection. It is not for different reasons, both are abortions whether it's natural or not, both will require a D&C and it's for the same reason, to make sure the abortion is complete. Now, when it comes to charting and coding it will specify Elective or Spontaneous abortion but the procedure is the same.

Atrisco Village

#262173 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Elise is making herself look really stupid if she thinks people buy her "i am a RN "story.
A 55 yr old woman...going to school for nursing...yet is on here round the clock .....AND hasnt worked in years? How does she survive with no income?
Wow, I'm flattered that you monitor my movements, and a little creeped out. However, you are woefully bad at it. Your "facts" are all wrong. Romney, is that you?

Atrisco Village

#262174 Oct 5, 2012
:-[
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
See, last time i checked, lovemaking included penis/vagina intercourse.
So..yeah....I do know.
Again...if his is in you, do you own it? Can you grab and knife and cut it off?
Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[

Location hidden

#262175 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Oh?
Silly sassy.
See, last time i checked, lovemaking included penis/vagina intercourse.
So..yeah....I do know.
Again...if his is in you, do you own it? Can you grab and knife and cut it off?
When was that? 1975? Sorry I just couldn't help myself.

Location hidden

#262176 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Again...thank you. It is NOT an abortion like they are saying. It's a medical procedure to clean out the uterus. It CAN be used to perform an abortion.
No one said it was an abortion Sassy. Everyone has said it is the same procedure whether spontaneous or elective.

Location hidden

#262177 Oct 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The indication for the procedure is charted at the time of event, of course."
Exactly what we've been saying. So why are you and your friends arguing about it? You're arguing just to argue and not telling us anything we don't already know.
The rest of what you said is irrelevant to the first sentence you wrote, and the point we PLers have been making.
Did you totally ignore the fact that she and I and others have said repeatedly that it will be charted as a spontaneous abortion if there is a miscarriage and an elective abortion if it's an elective abortion?

Location hidden

#262178 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's no bed of roses, nursing:-D... I've already had punches thrown at me, poop flung at me, etc and I just graduated in April. I'm middle-aged, so I won't be on the job long enough to get burnt out. Anyway, if you want to do this, I recommend you go for your bachelor's degree. We all will be expected to have a BSN, soon.
Really? Why a BSN? Technological advances?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262179 Oct 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
:-[ <quoted text>Yeesh, why would you want to do that? Never mind, I don't want to know... Go mamasota, get your freak on:-[
She THOUGHT she was making a point. She failed, miserably. As usual.

Location hidden

#262180 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but nothing you say on here medically shows that you are a RN.
Nothing.
Do you ever work? You said that you were contemplating going on food stampsntoo.Why not go work? Anywhere for that matted?
When did you go to school even if you are on here round the clock?
Well if that's the case, anything anyone says medically doesn't prove anything and that includes you and Lil but somehow you know all about pregnancy, abortions, eclampsia and procedures and charting. Are you an RN? Oh no wait, you volunteer in a CPC right? So you would have access to medical information in a patients chart and would know more than any one else..
HUSKERlicious

Muscotah, KS

#262181 Oct 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> She's talking about a D&C. It will most definately be charted as to why ot was done(either for elective abortion or after a miscarriage). Many of the times the baby is out after the miscarriage but they will do a D&C to clean out the womb.
My doctor said that this is what they do now instead of a D&C,
WebMD Home next page Women's Health
Email a Friend
Save
Print Article

Women's Health Trends:

* Pregnancy Symptoms
* Yeast Infection
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Endometriosis
* Thyroid Problems
* Kegel Exercises

Women's Health
Tools & Resources

* 9 Tips for Fresh Breath
* Best Foods for Your Teeth
* The Skinny on Whole Grains
* Help for Dry and Itchy Skin
* Get Smart About Wrinkles
* Weight Loss Pills: Pro or Con?

Endometrial ablation

Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys (ablates) the uterine lining, or endometrium. This procedure is used to treat dysfunctional or abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) is used to see inside the uterus. Endometrial ablation can be done by:

* Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
* Heat (thermal ablation), using:
o Radiofrequency.
o A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85&#65533;C (185&#65533;F)(thermal balloon ablation).
o Normal saline (heated free fluid).
* Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
* Freezing.
* Microwave.

The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.
Recommended Related to Women

Endometrial ablation may be done in an outpatient facility or your doctor's office. The procedure can take up to about 45 minutes. The procedure may be done using a local or spinal anesthesia. And general anesthesia is sometimes used.

Location hidden

#262182 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She THOUGHT she was making a point. She failed, miserably. As usual.
Me thinks she needs to get laid, pounded til the head board falls off.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262183 Oct 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Me thinks she needs to get laid, pounded til the head board falls off.
Sounds like very little pounding would be going on, since her husband's penis is apparently in one position long enough for her to get a knife between them and cut it off.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262184 Oct 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Stupid Sassy, but if your husband's penis is stationary inside your vagina, he's doing it wrong.
LMAO!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#262185 Oct 5, 2012
HUSKERlicious wrote:
<quoted text>My doctor said that this is what they do now instead of a D&C,
WebMD Home next page Women's Health
Email a Friend
Save
Print Article
Women's Health Trends:
* Pregnancy Symptoms
* Yeast Infection
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Endometriosis
* Thyroid Problems
* Kegel Exercises
Women's Health
Tools & Resources
* 9 Tips for Fresh Breath
* Best Foods for Your Teeth
* The Skinny on Whole Grains
* Help for Dry and Itchy Skin
* Get Smart About Wrinkles
* Weight Loss Pills: Pro or Con?
Endometrial ablation
Endometrial ablation is a procedure that destroys (ablates) the uterine lining, or endometrium. This procedure is used to treat dysfunctional or abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes a lighted viewing instrument (hysteroscope) is used to see inside the uterus. Endometrial ablation can be done by:
* Laser beam (laser thermal ablation).
* Heat (thermal ablation), using:
o Radiofrequency.
o A balloon filled with saline solution that has been heated to 85&#65533;C (185&#65533;F)(thermal balloon ablation).
o Normal saline (heated free fluid).
* Electricity, using a resectoscope with a loop or rolling ball electrode.
* Freezing.
* Microwave.
The endometrium heals by scarring, which usually reduces or prevents uterine bleeding.
Recommended Related to Women
Endometrial ablation may be done in an outpatient facility or your doctor's office. The procedure can take up to about 45 minutes. The procedure may be done using a local or spinal anesthesia. And general anesthesia is sometimes used.
After a spontaneous abortion? LOL, either you're lying, and your doctor said no such thing, or they're an idiot and you should find a new doctor. You DO realize that an endometrial ablation leaves nothing for a fertilized ovum to implant in, right? The very say effect that you people want to pretend happens with birth control pills, and which YOU consider an abortion, right? WHY would they do that to a woman who may want to try and get pregnant again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 243,324
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 2 hr The Anti-Flower C... 1,647
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Doomstar 1,251,456
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 6,254
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
More from around the web