Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,893
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#261960 Oct 4, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to let the courts know this, Triple L.
Sometimes parents can be held responsible for what their adult child does in the parents' absence. Seriously, really, and truly.
Let me know when you address the courts because I'd love to see it!
I was talking about guardianship, and you bring this stupidity into it, which has nothing to do with guardianship?

You're talking about an ADULT child doing something in the parents' absence. You're talking about being responsible for the actions of that adult child.

That's NOT what guardianship is about, which is what I was saying parents are to their children.

It's also not what the PC fools were talking about with regard to parents and children, "possession" or "ownership".

All you do is post about your personal issues. Just deal with it like a big girl and stop whining about it all on a Topix abortion forum, because none of it ever has anything to do with the abortion topic, or any discussion taking place here. You try to use a discussion to complain about what you deal with in life, and it never has anything to do with any discussion taking place. You just need to interject your life for pity, and you do it also whenever you're asked to prove some claim you made. I do feel sorry for you, but not for the reasons you might think.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#261961 Oct 4, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree JM's hypothetical decision ran along the same lines as Michael Schiavo's real-life decision?
NO.

One is hypothetical, and one isn't. Get a grip already.

Let's say that the daughter had an advanced directive to never allow any unborn child of hers to be aborted to save her life...would you sth up about it?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#261963 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. No one said it was charted as "miscarriage". We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion.
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after spontaneous miscarriage, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.
We're not the idiots here.
ROFLMAO Yes Lynniekins, you really ARE the idiots here.

A D&C for a spontanious abortion is the SAME PROCEDURE as a D&C for anything else.

You wouldn't have a clue what its charted at drop out. You've never charted a thing. Not even your own stupidity.

Location hidden

#261964 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
Let's say that the daughter had an advanced directive to never allow any unborn child of hers to be aborted to save her life...would you sth up about it?
Nobody would have such an advanced directive Lynne, you dunce.

But nice try at deflection, even tho you failed.

AGAIN. ROFLMAO!

See Elise, Lynnie is HYSTERICAL in her desperation. LOL!

Location hidden

#261965 Oct 4, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something genius.....of what relevance is any other definition of viability to the issue of abortion, if in fact RvW established legal precedence for the definition of viability as it applies to abortion ???
By the way, 24 weeks is NOT the point at which a preemie has a chance of "reaching viability".
It is IMPOSSIBLE for a preemie to be born NON VIABLE and then REACH viability via medical assistance because by definition a NON VIABLE preemie CANNOT survive no matter how much medical assistance it is provided.
Chew on that one for a while then get back to me.
That's pure crap Doc. A non-viable preemie certainly CAN achieve viability via medical treatment. In fact, a non-viable preemie would DIE without that treatment to MAKE it viable.

Treatments to allow lung development for example, will often lead to a non-viable neonate to survive long enough to become viable WIHTOUT medical treatment.

Location hidden

#261967 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
PLers are the only ones posting the facts, and it's you PCers who refuse to acknowledge the facts.
We've been schooling YOU on things of a medical nature, miss NURSE. lol
Lynnie, in order to "school" someone, you'd have to know what you're talking about, and you NEVER do. LOL You pathetic schlump.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#261968 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
My my you're awfully defensive over the similarities of a hypothetical your friend answered and the real-life issues of Michael Schiavo. Do you think you're special and will never need contemplate the real ramifications of such decisions? JM made the same decision Michael Schiavo did. And for the same reasons.

Why should I shut up about it? JM would be within the rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy to make decisions for her daughter and follow her daughter's directive -- even if she forgoes a life-saving abortion. I can razz her about it all I want, just like others razzed Michael Schiavo. Just like JM razzed him last night.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#261969 Oct 4, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talking about me. Obviously, I am perfectly fine with having a DD son. It is stupid to suggest it wasn't a rough road, at times. Not everyone is able to raise a disabled child. It's no walk in the park. Kthanks, Pollyanna.
I know that you weren't talking about you. I was repulsed that you (having a special needs child) would be so insensitive enough to suggest killing a special needs child if mom cant handle it.

No doubt that caring for a special needs person isnt a walk in the park. NOTHING that takes time and energy is a walk in the park but we don't kill those who inconvenience us.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#261970 Oct 4, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"net some serious punishments." - like getting SHOT? my point exacctly
"likewise, he SPECULATES & ASSUMES that a church or a school in a liberal city will have fewer guns." ------- yes lady, yo can track statistics showing MORE guns in red states than blue ones - more legal guns in redneck towns than, say, San Franc., b/c the southeast, we have hunters, poeple who grew up with guns etc..........in San Franc. we have people like Vlad, whose afraid of guns, doesnt know anythibng about em - so yes, you're more likely to get shot by a responsible gun owner in a small town than in a liberal big city.......this should be common knowledge
"Doughnuts? LMAO!" - now listen here, you have no idea what id do for a donut right now
"1700s" - wow, TWO shootings
"1800s" - WOW! FOUR shootings, lady, get real - do you not realize that back then they not only had fewer shootings per capita, but had FEWER gun laws - so why is it we have more shootings with MORE gun laws? makes no sense right?.........i'd blame the change in society, culture over the decades
how often did your grandparents say things like "back in my day, kids didnt shoot eachother, etc..." ? all the time right? ever think they were right?
point is the culture has changed..........and the other point is that guns in the hands of decent people is a deterrant to criminals........that's a FACT
"like getting SHOT? my point exacctly"

You were actually comparing police stations, which are filled with trained law enforcement people, with other public venues...and that's totally ridiculous.

" yes lady, yo can track statistics showing MORE guns in red states than blue ones"

Okay boy, assuming that's true, does a gunman actually know where any of those gun carrying citizens will be at any particular time? Of course not.

"get real"

There were far fewer schools, and the population was far less than it is today. Did you see how many of them were pissed off people who went and got a gun and then shot down someone?

"so why is it we have more shootings with MORE gun laws? makes no sense right?"

The population more than doubled in 1960, and that was over 50 years ago. There are way more people now. More people equals more problems. That's just common sense boy.

"that's a FACT"

Then prove it.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#261971 Oct 4, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why get your tail feathers ruffled because the procedure is the same?
You're buggin!

Lest you forget, the baby is stiil ALIVE when it is being ripped apart limb by limb.

Hello? You there?

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#261972 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about guardianship, and you bring this stupidity into it, which has nothing to do with guardianship?
You're talking about an ADULT child doing something in the parents' absence. You're talking about being responsible for the actions of that adult child.
That's NOT what guardianship is about, which is what I was saying parents are to their children.
It's also not what the PC fools were talking about with regard to parents and children, "possession" or "ownership".
All you do is post about your personal issues. Just deal with it like a big girl and stop whining about it all on a Topix abortion forum, because none of it ever has anything to do with the abortion topic, or any discussion taking place here. You try to use a discussion to complain about what you deal with in life, and it never has anything to do with any discussion taking place. You just need to interject your life for pity, and you do it also whenever you're asked to prove some claim you made. I do feel sorry for you, but not for the reasons you might think.
Well you can stop ASS U MEing and stop using your imagination for a phishing expedition. I am discussing legal cases where the courts claim parents of adult children still have ownership over said children and are sometimes held responsible for decisions and actions their adult children make even in the parents' absence and without their knowledge. I wasn't discussing my adult children.

If you think this will never affect you, then don't worry about it. Don't let it keep you up at night pondering real-world issues. You've got your land of make believe to fall back on every time. You know, where everything is exactly as you say it is because you say it is.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#261973 Oct 4, 2012
Most people robbing stores aren't looking at gun stats; they look for a small store with few people in it. Moreover, most clerks are told by their employers not to resist. If someone robs you at knifepoint and you draw a gun, you have limited options; unless they lunge at you, you can't shoot them anyway in most states. You are free to use equal force, not superior force, unless you are being actively threatened physically. We recently had a case here in which this happened, and ONLY because the security film showed the robber lunging at the clerk was the clerk not arrested for shooting him.

BTW--there are many people who refuse to wear or use guns.
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
why is this so difficult? you're on a DEBATE forum, so why cant you DEBATE?
all you have to do is explain WHY this is false (since you cant do it you cop out).........so explain>>>
If you want to rob a store full of folks for their cash/bank cards, you're less likely to rob said store IF you know it's in an area where guns are more prevelant, like the town of Kennesaw, GA ----- you're then MORE likely to rob a store in a place like Berkely University where the gun laws are very strict, therefore there would be fewer guns
why is this false?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#261974 Oct 4, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So you do support the choice to abort or not in life threatening situations? Now we're clear. Or are you saying if the fetus is already dead you support the choice to "rip it out of the womb"? What in the hell is lifesaving indirect death of a child exactly?
I don't know if your yanking my chain deliberately or not. My post explaining myself was clear.
Ocean56

AOL

#261975 Oct 4, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
I know that you weren't talking about you. I was repulsed that you (having a special needs child) would be so insensitive enough to suggest killing a special needs child if mom cant handle it.
No doubt that caring for a special needs person isnt a walk in the park. NOTHING that takes time and energy is a walk in the park but we don't kill those who inconvenience us.
NO ONE suggested "killing a special needs child," LIAR. It is up to EACH woman to decide whether she wants to continue a pregnancy knowing the child could be special-needs.

Again for the stupid one; if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. So butt out.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#261976 Oct 4, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
It will get in the way of my life, kill it!
So now we know what you did to your brain.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#261977 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. No one said it was charted as "miscarriage". We all know a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion.
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after spontaneous miscarriage, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.
Wow, so you know what everyone said throughout this whole thread. Arrogant, much?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#261978 Oct 4, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind. Does Canada even have a defence budget? ;)
I've done a lot of research regarding this question, so if you're truly interested here is Canada's plan (defenses if needed, are included)

We got a crew ready and waiting and am now contemplating war. We have put a lot of thought into it and majority rules so were standing strong and heading out this week.

Our army thus far is me, my brother Bob, neighbor Gregory, Sue (after she gets out of the hospital after giving birth. TWINS!) The whole pool league from Rackem Pub, and Jason. That makes almost 20 people!

WITH that twenty people, we have 10 dirt bikes, four quads, Greg's farming tractor, and a steam engine. We have also included Sue's husbands air crop duster loaded with two shotguns aimed out the side windows.

So if you're asking how much our defenses are, I would have to guess that's well over $100,000. I know this news is disturbing and probably won't let you sleep 2night, but please keep in mind, we will treat all of our prisoners with dignity, and respect.

Now I understand that your fleet is probably a bit more than what we have, but our wits, intelligence, and perseverance is going to be our strong suit. Our Prime Minister heard of our plans this morning and is at this very moment setting up make shift prison camps for the millions we plan on taking.

We have already infiltrated you guys with liquor, and dope so the taking will be no problem. Relax about your women and children, they'll be out of harm's way, but that doesn't mean they're immune. Schools are also included in the prison camps.

It won't be a hostile takeover unless you decide to fight back, then it's no hold bars, and the outcome will NOT be in your best interest.

I wish you guys the best cause I have grown to like a few of you, so I will definitely visit you, PLUS that gives you bragging rights in that you know one of us and can call yourself a friend. Try not to upset the others with jealousy or I will stop dropping by with homemade oatmeal cookies.... just sayin

Good luck, you've been warned.
(compliments of my Auntie Roz)
You're welcome

Atrisco Village

#261979 Oct 4, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
PLers are the only ones posting the facts, and it's you PCers who refuse to acknowledge the facts.
We've been schooling YOU on things of a medical nature, miss NURSE. lol
I'm sure you truly believe that, honey. Since you are harmless, it's okay.

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#261980 Oct 4, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, so you know what everyone said throughout this whole thread. Arrogant, much?
You've got to read her post again. Especially the sentence with the stars (**). Bet you'll laugh just like I did :)

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the D&C procedure, and one is charted as a treatment after **spontaneous miscarriage**, and the other is charted as an elective abortion.

Atrisco Village

#261981 Oct 4, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I know that you weren't talking about you. I was repulsed that you (having a special needs child) would be so insensitive enough to suggest killing a special needs child if mom cant handle it.
I don't question any woman's reason for wanting an abortion. I do understand that some people are not equipped to raise a physically and/or disabled child. You're silly histrionics are meaningless. Kthanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,172,502
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 37 min Pinoyboyguy 734
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Earthling-1 3,055
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 234,526
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 28,709
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Jan 23 alanparkcity 1
More from around the web