Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310232 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#259924 Sep 24, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> What? "One can feel sorry about what theyve done but not necessarily regret what they did"
Double talk anyone? LOL
It's not double talk. I explained why one can feel sorry for something they've done and why one may not regret it.
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you sorry that you had a child outside of wedlock?
Because I would've preferred to been married before I had a child.
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been to confession because you conceived a child? What? Why? Your child is not a sin.
I didn't say he was. The sin was premarital sex.
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
You had sex outside of marriage then and you live with a man that your not married to now. You are sorry because you conceived but not sorry that you have premarital sex?
My reason for feeling sorrow for getting pregnant outside of wedlock really has nothing to do with the fact that my religion considers premarital sex a sin. I would've preferred to have been older, in a better place in life and married before I had a child. I'm not sorry that I have premarital sex with my SO. If I was, I wouldn't do it. It would also make no sense for me to confess to that sin knowing full well that I'm going to engage in it not long after leaving the confessional.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259925 Sep 24, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
" My problem is her announcement that Cofession makes everything right even if you don't repent or regret the sins. That's not true."
They want to try to turn the challenge to her claims into some sort of character assassination, which is ridiculous. As usual the PCers go off the deep end and attack us without having a reasonable cause for it.
Who are you to challange her or ANYONE'S claims about their FAITH BASED BELIEFS Lynne? Were you anointed as a priest over the weekend? No? Then you dont get a SAY in that you moron.

Of course its a character assaination. You've attacked this woman from day one as if you KNOW her. You've accused her of being me, of being La, you've accused her of lying about something you dont know SHIT about. That's what character assassination IS.

DAMN you're stupid!

Location hidden

#259926 Sep 24, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where I said "I had no regrets, initally or otherwise".
Please stop lying about what I've said. Or are you really too unintelligent to read comprehensively?
ROFLMAO I should have read ahead!

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#259927 Sep 24, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Pupsy lives in Canada, hundreds of miles away.
Pupsy has never had an abortion. She would never, ever have an abortion. Ever. I don't even think she could joke about it, it bothers her so much.
Pupsy would choose death for herself before choosing an abortion. She has said so many times.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#259928 Sep 24, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you suck at research, dear.
No surprise there.
Maybe so.....but did you know that Jesus asks what I would do ?
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259929 Sep 24, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>No one is ever truly free of guilt. Some people are just incapable of feeling it in the first place and these are the ones who are truly free of the burden.
As a Catholic, I believe in Jesus Christ, the son of a God, who payed the price for my sin by dying on the cross. If i am truly sorry for my sins, i WILL be forgiven and freed from my guilt.

Guilt is a good thing. It means that we understand that we'venoffended God and others.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#259930 Sep 24, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop asking questions.
You really don't see what a headcase you are.
I she has made being obtuse her signature debating style. How very strange...

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#259931 Sep 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoe on the other foot now?
It's almost October. Liar.

Location hidden

#259932 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bishop? What bishop? The bishop absolved you of an abortion that you said you didn't even regret? He needs to be defrocked.
ROFLMAO Sure Inkstain. Make these kind of baseless bullshit comments when you dont have a CLUE what the circumstances were.

Its sickening you're so ready to stone a complete stranger who stood up to your STUPIDITY, without knowing ANYTHING about the circumstances of her life, but you dont have the same vehemence about the bishops that allowed pedophiles to continue to rape and molest children. And we DO know MUCH more of the stories about THAT situation.

You and Lynne and the Skank deserve each other, you're from the same 'defective' sperm bank.

Location hidden

#259933 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Off track as usual. This is a discussion about the sacrament of Penance in the Catholic Church.
ROFLMAO Says who?

Location hidden

#259934 Sep 24, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Every person of every faith has their own view of the tenets of that faith. Only mindless cultists act like drones. You are no different; you have your views, as does she. You are not vested by the church to correct her and your opinion of her version of the faith is not your business.
<quoted text>
EXACTLY.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#259935 Sep 24, 2012
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not double talk. I explained why one can feel sorry for something they've done and why one may not regret it.
<quoted text>
Because I would've preferred to been married before I had a child.
<quoted text>
I didn't say he was. The sin was premarital sex.
<quoted text>
My reason for feeling sorrow for getting pregnant outside of wedlock really has nothing to do with the fact that my religion considers premarital sex a sin. I would've preferred to have been older, in a better place in life and married before I had a child. I'm not sorry that I have premarital sex with my SO. If I was, I wouldn't do it. It would also make no sense for me to confess to that sin knowing full well that I'm going to engage in it not long after leaving the confessional.
Yes Michele, it is double talk. Sorry. You are talking in circles.

So, you are sorry that you had premarital sex which led to your sons conception yet you still live with a man instead of marrying him after all these years?

So, you are 18 yrs older, still having premarital sex risking another conception. If you conceive while you use the same logic of being sorry for having a child before.marrying?

Location hidden

#259936 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No assumptions. Your words.
LOL Except she didn't give you ANY words that detail anything about the circumstances behind her story. You're just making shit up in your head and running with it.

Location hidden

#259937 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry it is what it is. There are no 'versions' of the Catholic faith. You can't receive any of the sacraments on your own terms. We all have to abide by the same rules for Baptism, Holy Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders, Last Rites and Penance. Penance is about contrition and you cannot be contrite if you have no regrets.
Perhaps you should start following your own faith before you start lambasting others about things you dont know shit about.
yakalot

Muscotah, KS

#259938 Sep 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not. According to her, she was absolved by the tenants of her faith.
Its YOUR meaningless bullshit opinion otherwise, and nobody that matters gives a damn what YOU think.
Given YOUR history Lynne, you really SHOULD be worrying about YOURSELF when it comes to G-d, and stop trying to judge others.
Do you think of Lynne 24-7? Do you have all her posts printed out and pasted to your walls? Do you fantasize meeting her ? Go get help-------fast.
yakalot

Muscotah, KS

#259939 Sep 24, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pupsy would choose death for herself before choosing an abortion. She has said so many times.
Pupc is a troll always was always will be. She makes everything up.

Location hidden

#259940 Sep 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She claims she was absolved of her sin of abortion by her priest and bishop without having regret for the sin. The sacrament of Penance demands a genuine regret on the part of the sinner.
AGAIN, show us where Jesus demands "genuine regret" Inkstain. Oh, and show us what passed between she and her priest (and her husband and bishop for that matter) that PROVES she wasn't forgiven.

Oh wait. YOu cant. You're just being an jackass as usual.
yakalot

Muscotah, KS

#259941 Sep 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should start following your own faith before you start lambasting others about things you dont know shit about.
Maybe you should.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#259942 Sep 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHo said she was trying to "prove" that? She made a statement about it. That's ALL. No proof is NECESSARY.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO You lying sack of shit Lynne. She stated ONLY that she didn't regret the abortion. She said, NUMEROUS TIMES, that she DID repent and ask forgivness.
"We have ways of making you prove your claims," declared Komander Lily von LynneD. "We shall nag and nag at you until you cannot stand it anymore."

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#259943 Sep 24, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I she has made being obtuse her signature debating style. How very strange...
There's something seriously wrong with that chick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Thinking 247,518
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Nuculur option 1,277,239
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 6,917
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr stewart scott 29,949
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 hr Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web