Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Morrisville, PA

#249674 Jul 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Mao tse-tung's mother, who was 13 when married and had no name, was one, but she had little influence on him. While as a child she led him to Buddhism, he rejected it in his early teens.
<quoted text>
Of them STARTING fighting? No, generally they do not.
But again, nice try. Pity you're such an abysmal failure however.
Oh Mao rejected Buddhism but Stalin and Hitler didn't reject their religion.

And we can just forget about the genocide of the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites,the Canaanites, the Perizzites,the Hivites, the Jebusites, the Amalekites and the Midianites but we will remember the crusades.

There is a street named after you. It's called ONE WAY.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#249675 Jul 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one mention of Buddhism or Taoism OR Confucianism as a reason for those "wars" in that link dear. Sorry. You're still a failure. Try again.
Again, I defy you to find even ONE example where Buddhists or Taoists have initiated a war, let alone one based on their religous beliefs.
Actually I should correct MYSELF. I've read of ONE, around 618 or 619 CE I think it was, when monks from the Shaolin Temple of China fought in a battle that helped establish the Tang Dynasty. But even THAT battle (note: battle, not war), was NOT initiated BY them. It was them protecting their RIGHT to follow their own faith.
Stalin reason for killing his people wasn't to promote Christianity but posters on here connect his early religion with his terror. Same for Hitler but we always hear 'he was a Catholic'

So none of those warriors in China were either Buddhist or Taoist or a follower of Confucius.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#249676 Jul 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Since I dont stutter, I'm sure he got it the first two times.
Good then you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#249679 Jul 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Mao rejected Buddhism but Stalin and Hitler didn't reject their religion.
I didn't say a thing about who rejected what. YOU made the claims, not me.

MAJOR difference. Mao rejected it in his early teens.

Hitler never rejected it publically. In fact, he claimed to be Catholic PUBLICALLY well into his regime. The RCC never excommunicated him, and the FACT is that history shows that the Pope did work with the Nazi regime at worst, and ignored MUCH at best.
And we can just forget about the genocide of the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites,the Canaanites, the Perizzites,the Hivites, the Jebusites, the Amalekites and the Midianites but we will remember the crusades.
There is a street named after you. It's called ONE WAY.
Not one way at all. Nobody's talking about the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites,the Canaanites, the Perizzites,the Hivites, the Jebusites, the Amalekites and the Midianites and why they were wiped out. Are you claiming that other faiths wiped them out because OF their faiths?

No? Then you're point is both moot AND stupid as usual.

You keep trying to mix your era's and reasons why people fought in your increasingly desperate efforts to ignore the atrocities of YOUR faith. As usual, you're factually a failure.

Location hidden

#249680 Jul 23, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Vietnamese and Japanesse are thrilled to be hearing they never killed any Americans, in their wars. You are so filled with hatred of Christianity that it blinds you to reality.
You pagans are really a sorry lot. So damaged and so screwed up. You really need to get some help.
AGAIN for the moron:

I DEFY you to show me a SINGLE CASE where an American died at the hands of Buddhists AND had it be because of their "faith".

Oh wait, you cant, so you're babbling like the lunatic you are.

You're not only a bigot, you're a moron too.

Location hidden

#249681 Jul 23, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good then you don't have to keep repeating yourself.
Psssssst, stupid - its YOU that keeps asking me to repeat myself. Apparently you're not smart enough to get it the first dozen times.

Location hidden

#249682 Jul 23, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Vietnamese and Japanesse are thrilled to be hearing they never killed any Americans,
BTW idiot, you DO know that the major religion of Japan is Shinto, right? And that 83% of the population was of that faith during WW2?

Oh, and that Catholicism is the second largest religion in Vietnam, who has the largest Catholic population in Southeast Asia, second ONLY to the Philippines.

But keep digging your hole Tommyboy. You dont even know how stupid you're making yourself look, which I personally find endlessly amusing! LOL!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#249683 Jul 23, 2012
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'll put up the eerie, toothy, blue-eyed, sunglass gal if you put up something other than what looks to be a big busted clevage shot that you have (from a distance)... puppytoes ;P
Okay "Rach," how's this one...?

;P

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#249684 Jul 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay "Rach," how's this one...?
;P
It hasn't shown up yet! I'll wait! lol

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#249685 Jul 23, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say a thing about who rejected what. YOU made the claims, not me.
MAJOR difference. Mao rejected it in his early teens.
Hitler never rejected it publically. In fact, he claimed to be Catholic PUBLICALLY well into his regime. The RCC never excommunicated him, and the FACT is that history shows that the Pope did work with the Nazi regime at worst, and ignored MUCH at best.
<quoted text>
Not one way at all. Nobody's talking about the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amorites,the Canaanites, the Perizzites,the Hivites, the Jebusites, the Amalekites and the Midianites and why they were wiped out. Are you claiming that other faiths wiped them out because OF their faiths?
No? Then you're point is both moot AND stupid as usual.
You keep trying to mix your era's and reasons why people fought in your increasingly desperate efforts to ignore the atrocities of YOUR faith. As usual, you're factually a failure.
Good evening/morning 'Foo.
How've you been?

I'm fairly certain that you're probably going to thoroughly disagree with me here but I do think that, from her perspective, "Ink's" got a valid point.
"We," those of us on the PC side of aisle, will frequently invoke the facts that both Hitler and Stalin, two of the greatest engineers of mass-murder in the 20th century, had Catholic upbringings.
That said, both of them, thoroughly abhorred "religion" and were especially contemptuous of it once they'd come into positions of "power."
To her credit, "Ink's" trying to turn that tactic on its head by saying, "well, look at "Mao."

I'm not sure I'd classify that as "stupid..."

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#249687 Jul 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
China's three main religions--Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism
A pretty warring group.
http://www.zum.de/whkmla/military/china/milxc...
Read somewhere where Christianity is getting extremely popular in China, esp Catholicism. Its a huge underground movement that is growing pretty fast.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#249688 Jul 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And such as happened during the crusades, it was the religous leaders who perpetuate it and for the purposes of THIS discussion, cannot be ignored or swept under the rug.
That IS significant.
<quoted text>
THe Popes in the era we're discussing would disagree with you.
<quoted text>
A pacifist will not "kick" ANYONES ass.
LNM doesn't sound like a bigot, LNM sounds like someone that actually respects history, and can discuss it honestly, flaws of the religious ideals of an era inclusive of that discussion. Discussing the FACTS of the negative aspects of a given relgious history doesn't make one a bigot, if it did, ALL of the best historians in history would BE bigots, and that's simply not true.
Thank you. And I enjoy your contributions to the discussion because you appear very well-read.

Location hidden

#249689 Jul 24, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening/morning 'Foo.
How've you been?
I'm fairly certain that you're probably going to thoroughly disagree with me here but I do think that, from her perspective, "Ink's" got a valid point.
"We," those of us on the PC side of aisle, will frequently invoke the facts that both Hitler and Stalin, two of the greatest engineers of mass-murder in the 20th century, had Catholic upbringings.
That said, both of them, thoroughly abhorred "religion" and were especially contemptuous of it once they'd come into positions of "power."
To her credit, "Ink's" trying to turn that tactic on its head by saying, "well, look at "Mao."
I'm not sure I'd classify that as "stupid..."
Mao didn't embrace Buddhism at any point, not even as a child. The comparison simply isn't there IMO. Have you read his essay " On Contradiction"? Very interesting look at his view of Marxism. Here's a PDF of it, its not long, and worth a quick read:

http://marxistphilosophy.org/oncontrad.pdf

While I agree that Stalin rejected the faith he grew up in (tho I believe it negatively impacted his life view) I dont know that Hitler did. If you go by his own words, he did not, tho he twisted it to his own purposes - something many do.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#249690 Jul 24, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Brazil is a Federal Republic
Federal republic - a state in which the powers of the central government are restricted and in which the component parts (states, colonies, or provinces) retain a degree of self-government; ultimate sovereign power rests with the voters who chose their governmental representatives.
You said countries with the most Catholics, not Catholic countries.
If you think that countries like Italy, France and Ireland are not countries where Catholicism predominates, I can't argue with you.
Even Vietnam is a country where the populace is Catholic or Communist.
Cuba is another such country.
grumpy

Haverstraw, NY

#249691 Jul 24, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mao didn't embrace Buddhism at any point, not even as a child. The comparison simply isn't there IMO. Have you read his essay " On Contradiction"? Very interesting look at his view of Marxism. Here's a PDF of it, its not long, and worth a quick read:
http://marxistphilosophy.org/oncontrad.pdf
While I agree that Stalin rejected the faith he grew up in (tho I believe it negatively impacted his life view) I dont know that Hitler did. If you go by his own words, he did not, tho he twisted it to his own purposes - something many do.
Did you read Pupsilicous' post just prior to yours? Catholicism is on the rise in China. That fits what I have been saying. Both Catholics and Communists have the same mind set. Nither can make their own choice.

“Farewell”

Since: Mar 08

GREENWOOD

#249692 Jul 24, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for not caring so strongly!
Don't purposely misunderstand the point of my post to you Allentown. Your hatred of all things pagan is clear in your posts but that won't hurt me or my beliefs one bit. I get stronger from your kind of hatred. I'm calling you out on your hate though and I'm educating you on the fact that the Christian rituals you probably hold dear are just cheap copies of the pagan rituals they mimic. This is usually met with strong emotional denials but for anyone who cares to educate themselves the facts are out there.

At whose knee did you learn all your hate? Your parents? Did a pagan girlfriend get sick of you and dump you at some time? Does the independence of pagan people threaten you in some way? You seem to be salivating over posts you label pagan that have what you perceive as overt sexuality. Sexuality you want to enjoy but are afraid to. Your style of hate spreading cancer needs to be addressed. I took time to read before commenting. It's clear nobody from your own community will step up so I'm doing it. Bring on your hates and bigotry and I'll continue to school you for it. Go ahead and show off your flaws.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#249693 Jul 24, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read Pupsilicous' post just prior to yours? Catholicism is on the rise in China. That fits what I have been saying. Both Catholics and Communists have the same mind set. Nither can make their own choice.
Imo, Communism's been the Catholic basis all along. A couple years ago I'd posted a link about the history of Catholicism. One of the first things the initial Catholics did (after taking over a Jewish Temple) for the persecuted people they helped was have the people hand over their personal belongings. Then those in charge disbursed these as needed (or, one could surmise, as they saw fit).

Location hidden

#249696 Jul 24, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell pagan fauxfoo that, she is the one claiming only Chritiaqns kill people for Faith or with "faith" in their hearts and mind. The clincial term is "cuckoo"
Really? Show me where I claimed that idiot child.

Oh wait, you can't, because I never made that claim.

Carry on dolt.

Location hidden

#249697 Jul 24, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an angry little pagan, I will pray for your soul.
Prayers from the likes of you is like sympathy from your satan. In other words: LESS than meaningless.

Perhaps you should pray that G-d gives you tolerance and intelligence first. Without either, you're a joke.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#249698 Jul 24, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read Pupsilicous' post just prior to yours? Catholicism is on the rise in China. That fits what I have been saying. Both Catholics and Communists have the same mind set. Nither can make their own choice.
Excuse me, but Catholicism is not the same as communism. By the way, Blessed Pope JohnPaul II was against communism. the communists tried to assasinate the late Pope because the Pope helped bring down communism in Eastern Europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Thinking 247,515
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min positronium 1,277,224
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min stewart scott 29,949
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 6,915
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 21 hr Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web