Ole Miss upsets No. 13 Florida 66-63 ...

Ole Miss upsets No. 13 Florida 66-63 for SEC title

There are 1 comment on the msnewsnow.com story from Mar 17, 2013, titled Ole Miss upsets No. 13 Florida 66-63 for SEC title. In it, msnewsnow.com reports that:

Murphy Holloway scored 23 points and Marshall Henderson had 21 as the Rebels gave coach Andy Kennedy his first NCAA tournament berth by upsetting 13th-ranked Florida 66-63 on Sunday for the Southeastern Conference tournament championship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at msnewsnow.com.

Since: Mar 13

Fort Pierce, FL

#1 Mar 18, 2013
was born in Drakesboro, Kentucky, on April 15, 1940. Moved to West Virginia in
1945 where daddy's brother got him a job in the coal mines. No television at that
time. Daddy, mama, and I listened to Kentucky basketball on WHAS, Louisville, radio.
Been a UK fan all my life. During the 1971-72 school year I was teaching at Washington State University, Pullman, Washington. During the NCAA tournament I
called long distance to New York and ask for the nearest city near Pullman which
would be bringing the UK game. A lady gave me a city in Oregon. I drove nearly
7 hours to Oregon to watch the game. When I arrived in Oregon I went into a furniture store and ask a lady if she would mind if I watched a basketball game on her television set. She replied, "No, I don't mind. Sit in that easy chair and watch
the game." I sat in the easy chair anxiously awaiting the game. When the game came
on I discovered the lady in New York was wrong. The Kentucky game wasn't on. I got
back in my old 1964 Valiant and drove back to Washington. I won't repeat the words
I was thinking during the drive. This year I have been very disappointed in coach
Cal. I coached basketball while serving as School Psychologist in Ohio. I can't
understand why coach Cal played Polson, Mays, and Harrow, while Jon Hood, Kentucky
Mr. Basketball, rode the bench. Polson, Mays, and Harrow are average on offense
and that's stretching it some. They are below average on defense. Jon Hood is better than Polson, Mays, and Harrow on offense, defense, rebounding, passing, and handling the ball. Yet he rode the bench. I voiced my displeasure after just about each game
in The Lexington Herald. Recently the LH stopped my commenting by requiring me to
buy a subscription before I could post. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy
a subscription to the Herald. My heart goes out to the residents of Madisonville
for the way your native son was treated this year.
Dr. Charles "Bob" Parker
Fort Pierce, Florida

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 239,951
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,236,397
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 20 min litesong 5,749
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr sassyjm 310,002
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr stewart scott 29,781
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
More from around the web