Sun Devils burn Hawkeyes

There are 1 comment on the Iowa City Press-Citizen story from Nov 26, 2006, titled Sun Devils burn Hawkeyes. In it, Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that:

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Few among the millions of cacti in this desert have thorns as painful as the 67-64 loss dealt to Iowa by Arizona State on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iowa City Press-Citizen.

Redeemed Republican

Cedar Rapids, IA

#1 Dec 2, 2006
Is it possible that it isn't the team? Is it possible that Steve Alford is out of his league, and has been since he hit the Big 10? That he was a pretty good player, who managed to get to the Big Dance by sneaking in the back door, and has been riding on that every since? He certainly hasn't produced at Iowa. Please, don't tell me about the 2 conference tournament titles. Even a blind sow finds an acorn once in a while. The fact is, with the talent Alford has had, he has won only 1 NCAA tournament game. Time to give him the bum's rush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arizona State Sun Devils Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado Buffaloes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils... (Oct '13) Oct '13 antonia 1
News Sun Devils should root for Notre Dame to win BC... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Musikologist 6
News Southern Illinois loses in NIT (Mar '08) Mar '08 Ed Collins 1
News Sun Devils put a fork in Salukis (Mar '08) Mar '08 Ed Collins 1
News Sun Devils Advance to First Elite Eight (Mar '07) Mar '07 Steve L Carson 1
News Sendek to leave State STATE18.SP.031706.EDH (Apr '06) Mar '07 MIKE 3
News No. 5 Bruins rally to beat Arizona State (Feb '07) Feb '07 Williewiskers 1
More from around the web