Raiders release DB LeQuan Lewis; clearing space for free agent signing?

Jun 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Silver And Black Pride

The Oakland Raiders have released defensive back LeQuan Lewis who the team had signed as an undrafted free agent this offseason.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2012

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

probably for cedric benson? but we may need a (lb) juuuuuust incase ;)
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
probably for cedric benson? but we may need a (lb) juuuuuust incase ;)
RAIDERS 2012!!!
One of the guys at work said that he heard the Raiders were looking at LB EJ Henderson and possibly trading Aaron Curry

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

hard to swallow, aaron curry? aerrrrrrrrr! like taking a rough shot of tequilla! but let's not go there so quick, there is that many more unknowns to be released. there is still time!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raiderfaith

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

If we run a 4-3 curry struggled with that in Seattle. So may not be bad to trade...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

well he did pretty good last season with oakland? this season we are suposedly running a mixup of 3-4, 4-3 so if he has to step out for a play or two, it will be fine. like I was saying, there is still that much more time to release other no name players before we start releasing bigger names. we need all the better players we can get this season. " better known names" better players! I like aaron curry. he was a small gem that we picked up and may still get better thi season.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raiderfaith

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

I like curry goo. He played well for us. But if we are switching up schemes and he isn't as versatile, then it makes sense to trade him...but if we can use him as we did last year, keep him.
raiderfaith

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Too

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Linebacker seems to be a thin position so I'd hate to lose any LBs especially good ones. I kind of wonder if this means they are confident in Burris or Stupar to start.

Either way I haven't seen this in the media anywhere, just somebody at work talking...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••