Exams another test for playoff teams

M eanwhile, over at the Division I college football end where they don't care about academics, No. Full Story
JMU

Greensboro, NC

#1 Dec 10, 2008
I would rather not want to see the Daily Press write anything about JMU football ever... JMU has only one loss all season, to a 1-A opponent, and has over a quarter of their players from the 757 and as ALWAYS no love... But hey Tech they got a couple Hampton kids lets suck on their b@!!s a little more, they're lucky JMU didn't play them this year because Tech might have ended up with another L
JLG

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
The DP has no love for Phoebus either.

If Hampton would of won the paper would of been covered for 3 pages on Hampton and Mikey Smith!
Go Dukes

Newport News, VA

#3 Dec 10, 2008
Did you seriously just compare the lack of coverage of JMU to the DP having "no love" for Phoebus? Last I checked there were TONS of articles/pictures/etc on the Phoebus game - in fact...I believe EVERY game Phoebus played this year was the Super Bowl in the eyes of the DP. JMU NEVER gets coverage in the DP because, as Nick Matthews says, the Hampton Roads area just "doesn't care about JMU" when it contains the 3rd largest JMU alumni contingent next to DC and Richmond.
Plain and Simple

Dillwyn, VA

#4 Dec 10, 2008
It's interesting how they think that I-A teams that are going to bowl games are hitting the books and studying in their time before the bowl games. Yeah, they finals but come on, why would this be any different that the rest of the academic season.
JMU FAN

Hampton, VA

#5 Dec 10, 2008
Rodney Landers from Virginia Beach is one of the best quarterbacks in the Country and you won't give the boy a big story. Instead you write about exams and the playoffs. The Daily Press would be doing themselves a favor if they got rid of the columnists they have now and hire some that are not so partial to UVA (a losing team,) Virginia Tech and William and Mary. William and Mary complained about not making the playoffs; they could not begin to compete with the teams that were in the playoffs. Way above their caliber.
Lloyd James

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2008
JMU Fan...you don't even know a complimentary article when you read it....there is no issue between DP and JMU ...don't make one up...just read (and go Spiders!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachian State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appalachian St. 72, Furman 66 (Jul '13) Jul '13 shelia 1
Legendary coach Moore out at Appalachian State (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jerry 2
SoCon Roundup: Citadel makes a statement, tops ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 LuLu 1
Rizor dismissed from ASU football team (Aug '12) Aug '12 LuLu 1
Please help! Survey about sex! (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dustin Landers 1
Panthers trade up, take Appalachian State QB Ar... (Apr '10) Apr '10 PantherGrowl04 1
Appalachian fabric available (Jan '10) Jan '10 seamstress 1
More from around the web