LSU handles ASU, 41-13

LSU handles ASU, 41-13

There are 19 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 30, 2008, titled LSU handles ASU, 41-13. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : BATON ROUGE, La. Louisiana State jumped out to a 31-0 halftime lead en route to a 41-13 whipping of Appalachian State Saturday in the college football season opener for both teams at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

SportsFan

Canton, NC

#1 Aug 30, 2008
Well I hope Keith Jarrett is happy now. This is what LSU's "best shot" looks like.

“Just Me Being Me!”

Since: Aug 08

North Carolina

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Oh Keith Jarrett is full of himself. As much as he LOVES Appalachian State, he HATES Western. I didn't think people that reported the news could be biased, but he definitely is and no one at ACT seems to care.

Appalachian State beat Michigan last year, that didn't mean they would have the same success again this year. Keith Jarrett must remember that although Appalachian is successful, they defeat teams within their conference and college division. There is a major difference in Division I and Divison I-AA. Appalachian is a good team and as long as Armani Edwards stays healthy they will win the SoCon Championship and compete for a four-repeat, not sure however if they have the "umph" to bring it back to Boone for the fourth year though.
Speed Kills

Knoxville, TN

#3 Aug 30, 2008
The SEC ain't the Big Ten. Speed kills.
Carolina Girl

Boiling Springs, SC

#4 Aug 30, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
Oh Keith Jarrett is full of himself. As much as he LOVES Appalachian State, he HATES Western. I didn't think people that reported the news could be biased, but he definitely is and no one at ACT seems to care.
Keith is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. And EVERYONE is biased, to some degree. Just because you work in the news business doesn't mean that you don't have an opinion.

“CLAN ROSE”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Aug 30, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
Appalachian State beat Michigan last year, that didn't mean they would have the same success again this year. Keith Jarrett must remember that although Appalachian is successful, they defeat teams within their conference and college division. There is a major difference in Division I and Divison I-AA. Appalachian is a good team and as long as Armani Edwards stays healthy they will win the SoCon Championship and compete for a four-repeat, not sure however if they have the "umph" to bring it back to Boone for the fourth year though.
Are you really in the news business? Don't mind me, I live in Texas, but I'm from AVL.

I think LSU came into this game with a vengeance, and the scores prove it. I didn't watch the game, but that is what appears to be what happened.
nctxnc

Boiling Springs, SC

#6 Aug 30, 2008
Baton Rouge ain't Ann Arbor. 'Nuff said.

“CLAN ROSE”

Location hidden

#7 Aug 30, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
I didn't realise you were "in the news business", but, while I'm from AVL, I live in Texas.

The scores indicate that LSU came into the game with a vengeance, and went all out to win. Maybe they felt it incumbent upon them to "show ASU up".
nctxnc

Boiling Springs, SC

#8 Aug 30, 2008
Old Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realise you were "in the news business", but, while I'm from AVL, I live in Texas.
The scores indicate that LSU came into the game with a vengeance, and went all out to win. Maybe they felt it incumbent upon them to "show ASU up".
I see you are in Mabank. Native Texan here. Born & raised in Buffalo. Hook 'em Horns.
Haha

Greer, SC

#9 Aug 30, 2008
How can anyone comment who didn't even watch the game?

LSU dominated App State. It wasn't about vengeance or they felt they had to show them up. LSU is the 7th ranked team in teh country for a reason. ASU is not at that level. Michigan was not a #5 team last year when ASU beat them...they were slow, power block type team. LSU is a fast, mobile team and it showed this afternoon. ASU couldn't catch the ball, run the ball or defend the ball.

Keith isn't biased...App State was whooped today. So what? So was Georgia Southern, Coastal, and a host of other mid majors out to make some big money.

“Just Me Being Me!”

Since: Aug 08

North Carolina

#10 Aug 30, 2008
Old Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Old Rose, you know better than that, I am NOT in the news business unless you count reading it as being in the business.

I don't know how nice Keith is or isn't, he may be a great guy, but based on his writings, he don't give a flip about Western and its been that way for years. And yes, everyone is biased to some degree, you just aren't supposed to let your readers or viewers know it!

“CLAN ROSE”

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2008
nctxnc wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are in Mabank. Native Texan here. Born & raised in Buffalo. Hook 'em Horns.
I'm actually in Chandler, but I sure know where Buffalo is!! I go through there when going to Houston. Nice, quiet town!

I'm originally from Asheville, but all my people were from Texas. sp I just stayed when I left the AF. I'm ready to leave. It's too hot here!!!!

“CLAN ROSE”

Location hidden

#12 Aug 30, 2008
Crazy Comments wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Old Rose, you know better than that, I am NOT in the news business unless you count reading it as being in the business.
I don't know how nice Keith is or isn't, he may be a great guy, but based on his writings, he don't give a flip about Western and its been that way for years. And yes, everyone is biased to some degree, you just aren't supposed to let your readers or viewers know it!
In today's media, bias is the way! All the media shows bias toward one thing or another, but mostly, in politics, they show their liberal side. I seldom buy a newspaper, or watch the news on telly. TLC, SciTV, History, Biography, or channels like that are my style.

I do enjoy reading your posts, though. They are always well written, and appear to be well thought out.
old is a da

Canton, NC

#13 Aug 30, 2008
Haha wrote:
How can anyone comment who didn't even watch the game?
LSU dominated App State. It wasn't about vengeance or they felt they had to show them up. LSU is the 7th ranked team in teh country for a reason. ASU is not at that level. Michigan was not a #5 team last year when ASU beat them...they were slow, power block type team. LSU is a fast, mobile team and it showed this afternoon. ASU couldn't catch the ball, run the ball or defend the ball.
Keith isn't biased...App State was whooped today. So what? So was Georgia Southern, Coastal, and a host of other mid majors out to make some big money.
i was thinking the same thing.
old rose is a da

Canton, NC

#14 Aug 30, 2008
Old Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually in Chandler, but I sure know where Buffalo is!! I go through there when going to Houston. Nice, quiet town!
I'm originally from Asheville, but all my people were from Texas. sp I just stayed when I left the AF. I'm ready to leave. It's too hot here!!!!
please stay don't come back here.
old rose is a da

Canton, NC

#15 Aug 30, 2008
Old Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
In today's media, bias is the way! All the media shows bias toward one thing or another, but mostly, in politics, they show their liberal side. I seldom buy a newspaper, or watch the news on telly. TLC, SciTV, History, Biography, or channels like that are my style.
I do enjoy reading your posts, though. They are always well written, and appear to be well thought out.
this sob soo old they are having to create a card for the super elderly.
Ron Mexico

Auburn, AL

#16 Aug 30, 2008
Carolina Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Keith is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. And EVERYONE is biased, to some degree. Just because you work in the news business doesn't mean that you don't have an opinion.
Sober or Drunk ?
oldrose the fball gurue

Canton, NC

#17 Aug 30, 2008
Old Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really in the news business? Don't mind me, I live in Texas, but I'm from AVL.
I think LSU came into this game with a vengeance, and the scores prove it. I didn't watch the game, but that is what appears to be what happened.
we need some more comments on the games you didn't watch.

“Good to be here”

Since: Jul 08

Not here

#18 Aug 30, 2008
Ron Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>
Sober or Drunk ?
I'm especially biased when drunk...give me an hour and look out!!!
I think it's great ASU faces high quality opponents. First off, great paycheck for a small school. Secondly, great preparation for the conference schedule ahead. I completely agree that Michigan was way overrated when they beat them, but still, huge for their program. The SEC is just too talented for another upset like last year. Did watch the game and the final score does not do justice to the pure imbalance of talent...looked more like a 73-3 game, especially considering the 1st half.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#19 Aug 30, 2008
I guess that lightening wasn't meant to strike 2 years in a row!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachian State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appalachian St. 72, Furman 66 (Jul '13) Jul '13 shelia 1
News Legendary coach Moore out at Appalachian State (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jerry 2
News SoCon Roundup: Citadel makes a statement, tops ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 LuLu 1
News Rizor dismissed from ASU football team (Aug '12) Aug '12 LuLu 1
Please help! Survey about sex! (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dustin Landers 1
News Panthers trade up, take Appalachian State QB Ar... (Apr '10) Apr '10 PantherGrowl04 1
Appalachian fabric available (Jan '10) Jan '10 seamstress 1
More from around the web