Richmond blows past turnover-prone Appalachian State

There are 9 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Richmond blows past turnover-prone Appalachian State. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Appalachian State quarterback Armanti Edwards threw five interceptions, all in the second half, and the Mountaineers saw their bid for four straight national football titles come to a decisive end in the FCS ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Since: Jul 08

Asheville, NC

#1 Dec 6, 2008
Bummer.
tbs

Mount Pleasant, SC

#2 Dec 6, 2008
Go Spiders Go
Catamount

Clemmons, NC

#3 Dec 6, 2008
Time to come back to Earth. I wish App. could have pulled one out, but they lost the game when they started going to the air. As they say, a loss for App. is a win for WCU. Richmond forced Armanti to have to pass. What happened today is the result of a good defense prepared for the option that has gotten App. through the last couple of years.
Mountaineer

Arden, NC

#4 Dec 6, 2008
No sir Asheville Citizen Times. This is not good enough. You must produce your hypocritical sports sack of crap - the face of Mountaineer football. That's right, the guy we have been forced to look at for all this time - WCU flunk-out, the big boy (drum roll, please) KEITH JARRETT. Obviously he was at the game today up on the mountain, because we would be reading right now about the Mountaineer dynasty (and how App should be moving to 1-A or the Bowl Championship Series or whatever they call it this week)and how stupid anyone is to believe that they had a "pie in the sky" chance of beating the great Mountaineers IF THEY HAD WON. But guess what - the inevitable has happened - the Great BOON GOONS lost a game. It's simply not good enough to publish a three sentence report about this game when the most arrogant sportswriter wannabe in the history of journbalism has bragged abd bragged and bragged about his beloved team and they just LOST. Your readers can't have less respect for him than they do - everyone he has talked to in the community knows he is a fake, an idiot, and an embarassment to your paper. The only one who doesn't know it is YOU - HA HA HA HA HA HA. Go Keith - tell us now how great the Tar Heels are. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
ASU 78

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Dec 6, 2008
Catamount wrote:
Time to come back to Earth. I wish App. could have pulled one out, but they lost the game when they started going to the air. As they say, a loss for App. is a win for WCU. Richmond forced Armanti to have to pass. What happened today is the result of a good defense prepared for the option that has gotten App. through the last couple of years.

In the last 24 years of the "so-called rivalry" between ASU & WCU
It is ASU with 22 wins and WCU with only 2 wins.

I say "so-called rivalry", because when I lived in Boone, NOT ONCE did I ever
hear of WCU being Appalachian State's rival ?!?!?
To ASU, Western is just another game. What rivalry ???

The "rivalry" is ONLY in the minds of WCU fans

Choo Choo

United States

#6 Dec 6, 2008
Mountaineer wrote:
No sir Asheville Citizen Times. This is not good enough. You must produce your hypocritical sports sack of crap - the face of Mountaineer football. That's right, the guy we have been forced to look at for all this time - WCU flunk-out, the big boy (drum roll, please) KEITH JARRETT. Obviously he was at the game today up on the mountain, because we would be reading right now about the Mountaineer dynasty (and how App should be moving to 1-A or the Bowl Championship Series or whatever they call it this week)and how stupid anyone is to believe that they had a "pie in the sky" chance of beating the great Mountaineers IF THEY HAD WON. But guess what - the inevitable has happened - the Great BOON GOONS lost a game. It's simply not good enough to publish a three sentence report about this game when the most arrogant sportswriter wannabe in the history of journbalism has bragged abd bragged and bragged about his beloved team and they just LOST. Your readers can't have less respect for him than they do - everyone he has talked to in the community knows he is a fake, an idiot, and an embarassment to your paper. The only one who doesn't know it is YOU - HA HA HA HA HA HA. Go Keith - tell us now how great the Tar Heels are. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
Post of the YEAR....KJ is a .... well I want even go there
Catamount

Clemmons, NC

#7 Dec 6, 2008
ASU 78 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure where you have gotten your numbers but by my count WCU has one seven games not two.
I had the honor of attending WCU during one of these famed and apparently sparse games when WCU won, and dare I say it, App. State was less than gracious in their defeat. I'm not sure why they should be, after all the jug means nothing to them and WCU is just a peon compared to the immense talent of a team that rides the shoulders of its quarterback. But to a team that doesn't count WCU as a rival they sure were moaning on the bus ride out of Cullowhee. Obviously the rivalry that you fail to acknowledge in your world is still very much alive today regardless of whether App. students or alumni wish to openly acknowledge it. I will also say that besides football there are plenty of other sports in which a consistent and competitive rivalry between the schools can be seen.(a.k.a basketball and baseball)
Catamount

Clemmons, NC

#8 Dec 6, 2008
ASU 78 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I take my not knowing where you got your numbers back. I do however enjoy seeing that you begin your count after the four consecutive wins that WCU had from 1981 - 1984. But if you infact are a graduate of the class of 78' as your name would suggest, I find it hard to believe that you would not consider WCU a rival given the fact that they won every single game from 1971 through 1975. Surely you must remember those wins.
The Game

Boiling Springs, SC

#9 Dec 6, 2008
The Dynasty that was Appalachian State Football is officially DEAD!

Hey Jarrett, looks like you got off the bandwagon just in time and now it's time to hop on the UNC bandwagon.... since that's all you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Appalachian State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appalachian St. 72, Furman 66 (Jul '13) Jul '13 shelia 1
News Legendary coach Moore out at Appalachian State (Dec '12) Dec '12 Jerry 2
News SoCon Roundup: Citadel makes a statement, tops ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 LuLu 1
News Rizor dismissed from ASU football team (Aug '12) Aug '12 LuLu 1
Please help! Survey about sex! (Mar '11) Mar '11 Dustin Landers 1
News Panthers trade up, take Appalachian State QB Ar... (Apr '10) Apr '10 PantherGrowl04 1
Appalachian fabric available (Jan '10) Jan '10 seamstress 1
More from around the web