Marbury defends Vick, calls dogfighti...

Marbury defends Vick, calls dogfighting a sport -

There are 33 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 22, 2007, titled Marbury defends Vick, calls dogfighting a sport -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury defended Michael Vick, calling dogfighting a sport and comparing it to hunting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
itssteeven

Lompoc, CA

#1 Aug 22, 2007
Another PROFESSIONAL IDIOT.........NBA we have a problem......
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#3 Aug 22, 2007
They both belong in Jail adn become Mike Tysons B**ches.
Just when you thought Marbury grew up a little, he opens his unproffesional ghetto mouth wide open. Jeeez....You havent done jack on the court but just keep talking crap...shut teh f up man...just shut it....You are disgracing the black community with you stupid uncalled for comments man!
Matt

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2007
I can't believe how stupid people are.

On one hand, you have hunting, which most hunters I know only kill what they eat and do not kill for the purposes of entertainment or to watch the animal suffer. These hunters don't kill animals by drowning, electrocution, or beating the animal to death. On the other hand, you have dog fighting. Which is done solely for the purpose of entertainment. The dogs are not killed for food, but are killed by other dogs for the enjoyment of humans or killed by the humans because they did't perform well.

Hunting and dog fighting are not the same thing. If you think so, you are probably a ignorant ghetto thug, who thinks that watching two dogs try to kill each other is a "sport."

Since: Jul 07

Santa Barbara,Ca

#5 Aug 22, 2007
Tmacin wrote:
They both belong in Jail adn become Mike Tysons B**ches.
Just when you thought Marbury grew up a little, he opens his unproffesional ghetto mouth wide open. Jeeez....You havent done jack on the court but just keep talking crap...shut teh f up man...just shut it....You are disgracing the black community with you stupid uncalled for comments man!
He is disgracing ALL HUMANS no matter what color, its pretty unbelieveable i think.......i am disgusted by what he said and i am PURPLE........
Tmacin

Lincolnshire, IL

#6 Aug 22, 2007
Marbury, You are disgracing the black community with your stupid uncalled for comments man! Go back to school or something.
Whoa

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2007
Very scary the ignorance that comes from some our athletes today. This is a brutal disgusting crime and complete animal torture. This guy is basically defending this action. Very sickening.
Shocked

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2007
I just hope everyone that hears the ignorance pouring from these slimeball thugs serves as an example when all the endorsements get pulled from them and hopefully the fans follow-up demanding the players be booted. There is an obvious lack of intelligent development that seems to be powerful in the ghetto, and the failure to be outraged by this shows the problem has a long way to go to be solved. A failure in general to have no regard for life or the pain an animal feels is why the inner cities are overrun with black on black violence. No respect for life or a higher purpose above one's self.
phooo

United States

#9 Aug 22, 2007
what a moron. deer hunting is for food not taking pleasure and gambling on other creatures suffering.
Joe B

Dearborn, MI

#10 Aug 22, 2007
The Nicks should release Stephon Marbury. What an idiot.
Marbury the Moron

Fair Lawn, NJ

#11 Aug 22, 2007
Let's think about this rationally Stephon. If dogfighting is a sport and you are an athlete, let's put you in the pit with a couple of pit bulls.

You're an ignorant, pathetic, callous,@ss.
Dennis

Ocean City, MD

#12 Aug 23, 2007
"Stupid is as stupid does."
Dan

Belcamp, MD

#13 Aug 23, 2007
Anyone who compares Dog Fighting to Hunting ( Basketball player Marbury , Mr. White, head of NAACP Atlanta ) etc. is an imbecile
Intrepid

Dover, DE

#14 Aug 23, 2007
Marbury is a moron.. the Feds should take a look at his house- he may have been involved with Vick's "sport"... maybe that's why he's defending him... JAN
VickHater

Vacaville, CA

#15 Aug 23, 2007
Marbury is just as dumb as Vick.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#16 Aug 23, 2007
These athletes are nothing but a bunch of thugs. If they didn't play sports they would be in prison and in Vicks case hes doing both. I wish he would get the sh*t knocked out of him in prison but unfortunately he will be around more thugs like him
VickHater

Vacaville, CA

#17 Aug 23, 2007
Invisible Stranger wrote:
These athletes are nothing but a bunch of thugs. If they didn't play sports they would be in prison and in Vicks case hes doing both. I wish he would get the sh*t knocked out of him in prison but unfortunately he will be around more thugs like him
Here's hoping some thug will want to make a name for himself and teach ConVick a lesson.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#18 Aug 23, 2007
VickHater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's hoping some thug will want to make a name for himself and teach ConVick a lesson.
Would be a wonderful thing. Of course though Vick will be protected because of his status.
RAMROD

Coldwater, MS

#20 Aug 23, 2007
HAHA he is the man!!!!!!
Having the balls to say that.
It's true it's almost like hunting. Except it's too bad it's with dogs.
If it was a deer fight people wouldn't complain.
Florida Cracker

Tampa, FL

#21 Aug 23, 2007
Marbury is as sick as Con-Vick. Dog Fighting a sport? This guy must have fell out of his tree.The NFL has no place for Vick. Get rid of him once and for all.
Realist

Tucson, AZ

#22 Aug 25, 2007
Anyone who suggests that blacks be held accountable for their actions must be a racist!
They are VICTIMS of the MAN! They are not accountable for their violent ant-social behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany at University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jan '15 Brace Fam 23
News Hawaii Beat (Sep '11) Sep '11 mountararat 1
News Albany (0-3) and Fairleigh Dickinson (0-0) Squa... (Nov '10) Nov '10 zeldo 1
News U Albany athletes under arrest. (May '10) May '10 Glasnos 1
News UAlbany's Comeback Falls Short, 29-26 (Sep '09) Sep '09 state boy09 1
News David McCarty rushes for 271 yards as Albany, N... (Dec '08) Dec '08 SUNYA 84 1
News UAlbany-Villanova postgame thoughts (Nov '08) Nov '08 bbcoach 1
More from around the web