Draft Focus

There are 21 comments on the Dallas Cowboys story from Apr 17, 2012, titled Draft Focus. In it, Dallas Cowboys reports that:

Name: Courtney Upshaw Position: Linebacker/Defensive end College: Alabama Height/Weight: 6-1/279 Age: 22 Honors: Named first-team All-America by the Football Writers Association of America and second-team All America by The Associated Press.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Cowboys.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charles gladney

United States

#1 Apr 17, 2012
The cowboys needs to switch to a 4 3 to utilize their lineman spreed ware & company welcome courtney cox,poe.
roll tide

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2012
we dont give a crap about the cowboys
Cowboy fan

Detroit, TX

#4 Apr 20, 2012
Despite all the above misspelled comments that made no sense, I think the Cowboys should just take the best player available at the 14th pick. I would love for them to take DeCastro, Barron, etc., but they just need to have a good draft this time around as all the recent drafts since 1999, have been busts.
Cowboy fan

Detroit, TX

#5 Apr 20, 2012
Alabama and Auburn players seem to be a good place to start in the draft. Specifically, Alabama players!

Since: Apr 12

Sydney

#6 Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't look too special to me.
south bama

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2012
GlennStorm wrote:
Doesn't look too special to me.
you must be a lsu fan
Cowboy fan

Tyler, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2012
south bama wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a lsu fan
What I said was the Cowboys should first look at either LSU or Alabama players in the upcoming draft. "Both" schools are the are the cream of the crop of players to draft from. I don't think they could go wrong drafting from either school!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, defense! That's what they need.
Cowboy fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said was the Cowboys should first look at either LSU or Alabama players in the upcoming draft. "Both" schools are the are the cream of the crop of players to draft from. I don't think they could go wrong drafting from either school!
Cowboy fan

Tyler, TX

#10 Apr 25, 2012
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Yeah, defense! That's what they need.<quoted text>
They got Brandon Carr, cornerback, in free agency, now I hope they can draft Mark Barron, safety from Alabama. They lost too many games due to the poor play of Terrance Newman in the 4th qtr. They need Barron for a sure fire safety!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#11 Apr 25, 2012
I agree, young and coachable. He learned under the best coach in CFB. So that would be a great pick up. If they go for an offensive player, I swear i'm going to be so mad.
Cowboy fan wrote:
<quoted text> They got Brandon Carr, cornerback, in free agency, now I hope they can draft Mark Barron, safety from Alabama. They lost too many games due to the poor play of Terrance Newman in the 4th qtr. They need Barron for a sure fire safety!
Cowboy Fan

Tyler, TX

#12 Apr 25, 2012
Matt from Columbus wrote:
I agree, young and coachable. He learned under the best coach in CFB. So that would be a great pick up. If they go for an offensive player, I swear i'm going to be so mad.<quoted text>
What is CFB? Barron learned from Coach Sabin at Alabama in the SEC conference. Dallas will be lucky to draft a defensive player from either Alabama or LSU. The seem to be stuck on USC players though.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 25, 2012
College Football

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#14 Apr 26, 2012
Even though I heard the Cowboys like my Trojan boy Matt Kalil, I hear because he is such a stud that the Vikings may take him with the 3rd pick overall. Sorry Jerry Jones...

USC - WHERE NFL PLAYERS ARE MADE
Cowboy Fan

Tyler, TX

#15 Apr 27, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Even though I heard the Cowboys like my Trojan boy Matt Kalil, I hear because he is such a stud that the Vikings may take him with the 3rd pick overall. Sorry Jerry Jones...
USC - WHERE NFL PLAYERS ARE MADE
USC does produce many pro players (ex. Tyron Smith) DT, just not this year. This is the year of LSU and Alabama players in the draft. I think the Cowboys did very well with CB Clairborn, now go after Hightower from Alabama. I only wish they had not gotten Kyle Orton as a backup. He has never been a winner! Should have gotten A&M's Tanneyhill. Get rid of McGee!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16 Apr 27, 2012
Cowboy Fan wrote:
<quoted text> USC does produce many pro players (ex. Tyron Smith) DT, just not this year. This is the year of LSU and Alabama players in the draft. I think the Cowboys did very well with CB Clairborn, now go after Hightower from Alabama. I only wish they had not gotten Kyle Orton as a backup. He has never been a winner! Should have gotten A&M's Tanneyhill. Get rid of McGee!
Sure were a lot of trades by teams jockeyng for postiiton. Hard to keep up with it. LOL
Cowboy fan

Tyler, TX

#17 Apr 29, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Sure were a lot of trades by teams jockeyng for postiiton. Hard to keep up with it. LOL
QB McGee will never even make it up to number 2 on the depth chart. Get rid of him! Orton is not a winner either. Get rid of him! They should have taken Ryan Tanneyhill for a backup.
Cowboy fan

Tyler, TX

#18 Apr 30, 2012
I think the Cowboys got "1" good draft pick in Clairborn, CB from LSU, despite the fact he has limited intelligence, as he only scored a 4 on the intelligence test for rookies players, he still knows how to play football.
longhorn 1

United States

#19 May 14, 2012
One last thing the Cowboys need to do is trade CB Jenkins for the Giant's free agent defensive lineman, Osi whatever his weird name is, who caused fits for the Cowboys last year.
Cowboy fan

United States

#20 May 31, 2012
JJ, why not sign Buress as a 3rd receiver. He would come "cheap". I would also look at Wes Welker from New England if he cannot get a contract deal. The Cowboys seem to think highly of Olgetree, etc., but they are always hurt and do not produce. Take the leap and sign Buress or Welkie if they can, for a cheap 1 yr contract. Try them out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21 May 31, 2012
longhorn 1 wrote:
One last thing the Cowboys need to do is trade CB Jenkins for the Giant's free agent defensive lineman, Osi whatever his weird name is, who caused fits for the Cowboys last year.
I agree brother he would look real good with the Star on his helmet......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
usc first on bama list (Aug '16) Aug '16 keys to victory 2
Goodyear Cotton Bowl Tickets (Nov '15) Nov '15 RMS1960 1
News Commentary: Alabama's dominance doesn't have to... (Jul '13) Nov '15 Fart news 6
News Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver Amari Cooper (Dec '14) Sep '15 Fart news 8
News Hard to define fairness with potential BCS rematch (Nov '11) Apr '15 tom wingo 85
News Oregon vs. Ohio State: TV Info and Odds for Col... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cw4pappy 2
Woder how many bama fans will watch Auburn (Dec '13) Nov '14 Tide 2