'Supporting Cast' Lifts No. 6 Alabama

'Supporting Cast' Lifts No. 6 Alabama

There are 1 comment on the The Associated Press story from Nov 28, 2006, titled 'Supporting Cast' Lifts No. 6 Alabama . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

With Jermareo Davidson's shots not falling and Ronald Steele watching from the sidelines, No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Rick Hatcher

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2006
The University of Alabama made a mistake in firing Mike Shula. He was not given the time he should have been afforded to show what he can do. Mike Shula should have been given at least 2 more years but NO, we are a society of instant gratification. It takes time to build an elite program particularly when you inherit a program such as what Mike Shula was faced with. As long as we continue to change coaches every 2, 3, or 4 years the UA football program will continue to struggle. With UA's track record they are going to have a difficult time in even attracting a top quality coach. Forget about it! You will not see any Bob Stoops, Nick Sabans, or Steve Spurriers coming to Alabama. These guys have families to support and 2, 3 or 4 year jobs do not get the kids through college. Maybe we need a new Athletic Director? Is he not also responsible for the football teams success or failure? Smells of a CYA move to me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UNC Basketball: How Tar Heels Stack Up with the... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Repeatly 1
News Alabama and UCLA schedule home-and-home series (May '13) May '13 Brew In 1
News Alabama Moves On In NIT (Mar '11) Mar '11 fightfan 1
News Crimson Tide's Senario Hillman has perfected th... (Mar '11) Mar '11 sportgirl 1
News Solid Start but Bama Falls to Kentucky (Feb '10) Feb '10 pigster42 1
News Arkansas Trumps Tide for SEC Win (Jan '10) Jan '10 Buck 1
News Purdue-Alabama Preview (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 1
More from around the web