Bush says country must not lose its nerve in Iraq

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

President Bush said Wednesday that rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan as the wars rage on is proving difficult and "we're learning as we go." The president harkened back to the patriotic sacrifice of World War II, ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
John

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

This guy needs to be impeached and we all know it. Him and Cheney both need to be tried for crimes against humanity plain and simple. Now before all the Republicans out there come screaming for my liberal head I might as well let you know now I am a Republican, a very once proud Republican who still believes in the platform that made this Party great. But my fellow Republicans we have strayed and we have strayed badly from the principles of our party and I do not care how many of my fellow Republican's tell me I am wrong I am not wrong to voice my contempt for what these neo-conservatives are doing to My once beloved party.

Will I tow the Party lines and vote for McCain? Certainly not. This guy is as liberal as anyone on the Democratic side and he is as wishy washy on what he stands for even more than John Kerry was. Lets call a flip flopper one when we see them. Alot of our fellow Republican candidates are now proving themselves just as useless to me by shmoosing this guy to get a V.P. nod. Yes huckabee and Romney I am talking about you. Where has principles gone in this country?

I tell you one thing I do know for sure. This Party had it's chance at winning this election and saving itself from the collapse it will surely face come November when the Democrats sweep the General Election. They had a chance to nominate someone with principles and integrity and a voting record that would make the average conservative proud. A candidate that would have brought back the Constitution to our Govt and swept out the dirty politics that has cancered our once great nation. A candidate that not only was willing to tell the American people the truth even if it hurt but had a plan to turn this country around in every problem area that it faces, foreign policy, monetary policy, domestic policy, and restoring freedoms that have been slowly but surely been systematically taken away from us from the very same government that was created to protect our freedoms.

That candidate was Ron Paul and it is not to late he is still in the race and until the convention is over no one has been nominated yet. I urge all delegates to pick of a copy of Ron's new book Revolution : A Manifesto which is a number one bestseller on Amazon and the New York Times list. I for one will write this man in even if his name is not on the ballot. Because checking off any of the candidates placed before me is a vote tossed in the trash anyways.

Since: Aug 07

white cloud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Bush needs to go to iraq and fight maybe he will change his mind.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

If you are already in a hole, the best thing to do is put down the shovel.

Bush is an embarassment and should be impeached and tried for war crimes. If the Iraqis want him we should just hand him over to face justice.
America cannot financially afford this invasion and occupation. The invasion and occupation has also caused the loss of respect for america in the international community. It has weakened the security of this nation.

The only way americans can win is to just get out.
pmi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

John wrote:
This guy needs to be impeached and we all know it. Him and Cheney both need to be tried for crimes against humanity plain and simple. Now before all the Republicans out there come screaming for my liberal head I might as well let you know now I am a Republican, a very once proud Republican who still believes in the platform that made this Party great. But my fellow Republicans we have strayed and we have strayed badly from the principles of our party and I do not care how many of my fellow Republican's tell me I am wrong I am not wrong to voice my contempt for what these neo-conservatives are doing to My once beloved party.
Will I tow the Party lines and vote for McCain? Certainly not. This guy is as liberal as anyone on the Democratic side and he is as wishy washy on what he stands for even more than John Kerry was. Lets call a flip flopper one when we see them. Alot of our fellow Republican candidates are now proving themselves just as useless to me by shmoosing this guy to get a V.P. nod. Yes huckabee and Romney I am talking about you. Where has principles gone in this country?
I tell you one thing I do know for sure. This Party had it's chance at winning this election and saving itself from the collapse it will surely face come November when the Democrats sweep the General Election. They had a chance to nominate someone with principles and integrity and a voting record that would make the average conservative proud. A candidate that would have brought back the Constitution to our Govt and swept out the dirty politics that has cancered our once great nation. A candidate that not only was willing to tell the American people the truth even if it hurt but had a plan to turn this country around in every problem area that it faces, foreign policy, monetary policy, domestic policy, and restoring freedoms that have been slowly but surely been systematically taken away from us from the very same government that was created to protect our freedoms.
That candidate was Ron Paul and it is not to late he is still in the race and until the convention is over no one has been nominated yet. I urge all delegates to pick of a copy of Ron's new book Revolution : A Manifesto which is a number one bestseller on Amazon and the New York Times list. I for one will write this man in even if his name is not on the ballot. Because checking off any of the candidates placed before me is a vote tossed in the trash anyways.
I have just as much of a chance as Ron Paul of being elected.

Your best bet would be to write in PMI for the general election.

It's not that hard of a job.
pmi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2008

Judged:

JMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not agree with you more. I don't know much about Ron Paul but I agree with the rest. I have always been a proud Republican. I am not ready to impeach Bush but am certainly not happy. WE NEED SMALLER GOVERNMENT. What happened to that Republican stance?
We need another Ronald Reagan!
God rest your soul Dutch. We miss you.
RR was my favorite.

“dam censorship ###### me”

Since: Mar 08

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2008

John wrote:
i want to thank you for being candid. i too feel the same way about the bush regime but i would add a few more to the list to be tried.
it is refreshing to hear ones views without the liberal vs conservative rants. i have been a stout democrat all my life and i too feel that my party has not put forth the best candidates....especially to run this country.....especially in the mess we are in now.
i applaud your post.
Kate

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Judged:

What we need to lose is our criminal president...
i c u

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Judged:

John wrote:
Well said.I'm just tired of ALL the DEATH and DESTRUCTION in the name of DEMOCRACY. party affiliation matters NONE.
the FACT that we spent$620 BILLION(and counting) in an OIL RICH country instead of on the better-ment OUR kids and needs of this country BEWILDERS the hell out of me.
now HE got two places messed up AND nothing TO SHOW FOR IT.
what's even WORSE is now THEY KNOW they can destroy the U.S. by simply raising the price of CRUDE OIL which will inturn RAISE EVERY OUTHER PRICE,that with the GOVERNMENT HELPED SELL-OUT of the MANUFACTUREING JOBS is gonna put U.S.in a world of hurt for a long time.

I DON'T CARE WHO CAN FIX THIS MESS.
I JUST HOPE IT HAPPENS.
OBAMA/RON PAUL i don't give a damn.
Bush is a war criminal

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

JMG wrote:
<quoted text>
We need another Ronald Reagan!
Go dig him up. The republicans can't find a candidate who could do better than his corpse.
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Yes we all could have done a better job then Bush. I like what is happening in Europe, with the terror attacks, Extreme Muslims taking over. Heck I think we need to make our women were berca's, stay home like they used to and take away their driver license, just as they do in Saudi. Let's the Extremist hold their religion over ours, well, lets just get rid of Christianity altogether....that sounds fair, we hate fighting for our rights. Who did our Grand Parents think they were fighting in WWI and WWII.....Gawd, we can't make mistakes like that again, we need to get rid of Bush. Thank goodness you don't want to drill for oil in the US or off shore, we need to be dependent on the Middle East, gas prices aren't high enough and I'm sick of that. I also agree that Saddam Killing hundreds of thousands of his own people was not anything we should care about or do anything about. So Dufar and Tibet....quit your screaming and crying about being oppressed, beaten, abused and killed. It just gets in the way of with my programs on TV. Why the hell do we care about AIDS in Africa....it so far away and their not the only country with hungry and sex driven people. Hell if they quit having kids they can't afford anyway, then they wouldn't be spreading AIDS. I would think that all the ones with AIDS will die, so wouldn't that mean the end of AIDS anyways? I agree vote against McCain so we can continue to support others in this country that don't want to help themselves or the illegals. We really need to stop using the word illegals. Illegal insinuates they are breaking the law. Let call them unannounced visitors who don't plan on leaving and we support. Who the hell cares if I can't understand them do to my lack of Spanish. But I can always go to school to learn, so I can understand them laughing at us. I know, unfortunately, not all those people getting help do it by choice but if we take more of their money away, in the form of taxes, to help themselves, they will have to count on the Govt even more, which I love to think about. I hate to mention people who have worked hard and made a good living and have money...Damn Them. They have to much and we need to take more, give it to the less privileged, so we can all have the same type of life style...you know like Communist Russia did or China does to this day. Why do we help other people, and care about our country so much? I mean it's not like God has given us anything to be thankful for. This all seems very fair to me, so lets sit back in our easy chairs, drinking tea, and let other countries take over.
i c u

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

Freedom wrote:
Yes we all could have done a better job then Bush. I like what is happening in Europe, with the terror attacks, Extreme Muslims taking over. Heck I think we need to make our women were berca's, stay home like they used to and take away their driver license, just as they do in Saudi. Let's the Extremist hold their religion over ours, well, lets just get rid of Christianity altogether....that sounds fair, we hate fighting for our rights. Who did our Grand Parents think they were fighting in WWI and WWII.....Gawd, we can't make mistakes like that again, we need to get rid of Bush. Thank goodness you don't want to drill for oil in the US or off shore, we need to be dependent on the Middle East, gas prices aren't high enough and I'm sick of that. I also agree that Saddam Killing hundreds of thousands of his own people was not anything we should care about or do anything about. So Dufar and Tibet....quit your screaming and crying about being oppressed, beaten, abused and killed. It just gets in the way of with my programs on TV. Why the hell do we care about AIDS in Africa....it so far away and their not the only country with hungry and sex driven people. Hell if they quit having kids they can't afford anyway, then they wouldn't be spreading AIDS. I would think that all the ones with AIDS will die, so wouldn't that mean the end of AIDS anyways? I agree vote against McCain so we can continue to support others in this country that don't want to help themselves or the illegals. We really need to stop using the word illegals. Illegal insinuates they are breaking the law. Let call them unannounced visitors who don't plan on leaving and we support. Who the hell cares if I can't understand them do to my lack of Spanish. But I can always go to school to learn, so I can understand them laughing at us. I know, unfortunately, not all those people getting help do it by choice but if we take more of their money away, in the form of taxes, to help themselves, they will have to count on the Govt even more, which I love to think about. I hate to mention people who have worked hard and made a good living and have money...Damn Them. They have to much and we need to take more, give it to the less privileged, so we can all have the same type of life style...you know like Communist Russia did or China does to this day. Why do we help other people, and care about our country so much? I mean it's not like God has given us anything to be thankful for. This all seems very fair to me, so lets sit back in our easy chairs, drinking tea, and let other countries take over.
what the heck are you talking about.
YOU sounds like a DRUNK.
our TROOPS need to be HOME PROTECTING OUR BOURDERS.
Freedom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2008

i c u wrote:
<quoted text>
what the heck are you talking about.
YOU sounds like a DRUNK.
our TROOPS need to be HOME PROTECTING OUR BOURDERS.
Not drunk, it's called sarcasm. Agreed we need to protect our boarders, here at home and far away. I don't want war on our land, why not fight it in another country instead of inviting it to "our boarders".....but what the hell according to many 9/11 was all set up by Bush anyways. God help America and those who want to perserve what we had.
mgloraine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

"Tax cuts have been an engine for economic vitality,' he said. "Given the fact that tax cuts have worked..."

Once again, the Fool in Chief reads a script of baseless assertions and outright lies. BushCo tax-cuts are just like Reagan's "trickle-down" tax-cuts - exclusively for his uber-wealthy pals and fellow oil-barons at the expense of everyone else. Little George's own father correctly labeled practices such as this "voodoo economics".

"Supply-side" or "trickle-down" economics NEVER worked before, it's not working now and it never will, because the obese-cats do NOT reinvest their big tax-cuts back into the USA, in fact they hurriedly move them offshore to their secret accounts for their personal enjoyment and evasion of future taxation.

Corporate tax-cuts end up in the pockets of CEOs and VPs who take our JOBS offshore leaving Americans competing for spots at Wal-Mart or walking poodles for the aforementioned capitalistas.

Someone in authority or with a national audience needs to challenge every vapid morsel of propaganda emitted by this charlatan each and every day. It's very irritating to hear the echo-chamber babble on unopposed: "the surge is working", "we don't torture", "smoking gun, mushroom cloud", "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb-bomb Iran", and now "the tax cuts worked".
Todd A C

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

mgloraine wrote:
"Tax cuts have been an engine for economic vitality,' he said. "Given the fact that tax cuts have worked..."
Once again, the Fool in Chief reads a script of baseless assertions and outright lies. BushCo tax-cuts are just like Reagan's "trickle-down" tax-cuts - exclusively for his uber-wealthy pals and fellow oil-barons at the expense of everyone else. Little George's own father correctly labeled practices such as this "voodoo economics".
"Supply-side" or "trickle-down" economics NEVER worked before, it's not working now and it never will, because the obese-cats do NOT reinvest their big tax-cuts back into the USA, in fact they hurriedly move them offshore to their secret accounts for their personal enjoyment and evasion of future taxation.
Corporate tax-cuts end up in the pockets of CEOs and VPs who take our JOBS offshore leaving Americans competing for spots at Wal-Mart or walking poodles for the aforementioned capitalistas.
Someone in authority or with a national audience needs to challenge every vapid morsel of propaganda emitted by this charlatan each and every day. It's very irritating to hear the echo-chamber babble on unopposed: "the surge is working", "we don't torture", "smoking gun, mushroom cloud", "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb-bomb Iran", and now "the tax cuts worked".
Spoken like a true Californian.
pastor wright

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

I love it when chicken-hawks stand up and exhort others to sacrifice when they never did it themselves! Ronald Reagan was the same crap as this dummy now. Same chicken-hawk, same voodoo economic bullcrap! The grandfather of the neo cowards!
xtralongnips

Allegan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Kate wrote:
What we need to lose is our criminal president...
Maybe Cheney will invite Bush to go hunting...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US Air Force Academy NCAA Discussions

Search the US Air Force Academy NCAA Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Air Force freshman QB Romine won't play scared ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 jim 1
Air Force's Cody Getz leaves for funeral after ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Pay per Head 1
Toledo holds off Air Force 42-41 in Military Bowl (Dec '11) Dec '11 Angrys birds 1
One last salute for Tew - The Park Record (Jan '11) Jan '11 BigShow77 1
High School boys basketball teams look for soli... (Dec '10) Dec '10 671 Vacan 1
Army on the verge of a bowl (Nov '10) Nov '10 P_Smith 1
Late charge by Air Force comes up short in 27-2... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Nate 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••