Instead of vaulting ACC into nation's...

Instead of vaulting ACC into nation's elite, Hurricanes' progra...

There are 150 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 22, 2008, titled Instead of vaulting ACC into nation's elite, Hurricanes' progra.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Four years ago, their addition to the league was christened with a season-opening game in front of a national audience on Labor Day .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Gator

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Jul 23, 2008
jason wrote:
<quoted text>why must the gator fans always open their big mouths. You must forgot about that night in the orange bowl or how about that night in the sugar bowl. With all the problems the U had in the past couple of years, were still a better program than florida. numbers dont lie. first round picks, national championships, pro bowl players, tell me when to stop. i dont respect the NC they won a couple of years ago. go wire to wire undefeted and then we can talk. Oh yea
Wow, another non-educated Cane fan! What the hell are you talking about! Your NC was over 7 years ago! Wire to wire in the SEC just does not happen and guess what, even in the joke of a conf. you now play in, you will not go wire to wire. Remember, your great NFL stacked team has not even sniffed winning the ACC! So jerky, what are the number you are talknig about? You better look at your numbers a little better my friend. Like the recent number of losing the last 6 out of 7 games!
Go Gators!
Wow

Boston, MA

#22 Jul 23, 2008
Whats delusional is that UF wine ONE national championship and then follows it up by going 9-4 and all of a sudden, they are world beaters. Hilarious!
Steve B

Gainesville, FL

#23 Jul 23, 2008
The hurricanes are going to be alot better this year and will give Florida a test.If the Gators dont win it will be the biggest choke of the season.
Didnt Urban Liar say he wanted to be the New England Patriots of college football? They are the biggest NFL chokers of the last 50 years.
Tim Tebow has to prove he can handle pressure and make good reads. He failed to do that against the better teams last year .We have enough size and speed to put pressure on him. We will see how it goes.
The Gators always start out ranked too high and flounder in mid season.
Local Guy

Coral Gables, FL

#24 Jul 23, 2008
Donna Shalala hiring guys that are not head coaches. Not a Howard Schnellenberger in the bunch. No Jimmy Johnsons there either.
yeagators

United States

#25 Jul 23, 2008
Wow wrote:
Whats delusional is that UF wine ONE national championship and then follows it up by going 9-4 and all of a sudden, they are world beaters. Hilarious!
We have two NC in football.....At least pretend to be informed...
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#26 Jul 23, 2008
Steve B wrote:
The hurricanes are going to be alot better this year and will give Florida a test.If the Gators dont win it will be the biggest choke of the season.
Didnt Urban Liar say he wanted to be the New England Patriots of college football? They are the biggest NFL chokers of the last 50 years.
Tim Tebow has to prove he can handle pressure and make good reads. He failed to do that against the better teams last year .We have enough size and speed to put pressure on him. We will see how it goes.
The Gators always start out ranked too high and flounder in mid season.
Stevie, remind me where the Canes started out ranked last year. Think that was a little too high? And your flounder started at the beginning of the season! And did you get bigger and faster since last year? The whole ACC made you look awful small and slow last year! And as far as Tebow is concerned, not much has to be said after the numbers he put up and a Heisman to boot! This year he will have a running game to compliment his talents!
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#27 Jul 23, 2008
Wow wrote:
Wow! The Canes won a NC at the beginning of this decade and have gotten progressively worse since and their fans still think they are world beaters after a 5-7 season. Thats DELUSIONAL! At least you'll win your first game of the season.......maybe!
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#28 Jul 23, 2008
Wow, the article doesn't even mention the Gators, yet their trolls are out in full force.

Yes, Miami will have a tough time beating the Gators, but they were also expected to lose the previous few games against them, and somehow still won. Perhaps those 54-0 predictions should be toned down, trolls. Yes, the Canes lost 5 of their last 6. They were 4-2 before that happened, too, so don't be surprised if they start off strong this year, too, before any major injuries occur.
Lou Vales

Miami, FL

#29 Jul 23, 2008
How about a VERIFIABLE fact--The ACC has NEVER won a BCS Bowl Game. Look it up and take it to the bank. The ACC is not "a good football conference". This is demonstrable by one other fact Clemson!!!!!! is viewed as OVERWHELMING favorite to win the ACC by media AND coaches around the country. Clemson!!!!!!
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#30 Jul 23, 2008
sumtercane wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Canes had a QB? I shouldn't respond, but I must.
Our QB blew your qb records out of the water. He will be the next QB in Fla to win the heisman.
Tebow hasn't faced a great defense yet but he will in September.
Your heisman trophy winner couldn't handle Appalachian Michigan in your bowl game and you think he is going to take care of the Canes by 4 TD's.
Please go school clothes shopping...mammas in the mini van waiting!
Actually, Tebow will win another Heisman this year, he's the greatest ever.
86Cane

Bohemia, NY

#31 Jul 23, 2008
My website is the Best in the World. Come sign my banner Please!!!
yeagators

United States

#32 Jul 23, 2008
The Canes will be 1-2 after three...you'll beat Charleston Southern (???) but then games in Gainesville and College Station, TX. will show them what true college football is about......They lost to Virginia 48-0 for gods sake...please...
THE MAN

New York, NY

#33 Jul 23, 2008
You UF fans are a bunch of bandwagon pu**ies! UF LOST 4 games last year with the "Heisman Trophy winner" who can't throw a freakin spiral to save his life. AND UF only has 2 national championships in their 100+ year existance. Yeah, great program. Tell me 5 former UF players that have made an impact in the NFL in the last 10 years? UF has the worst bandwagon fans and always will have the worst. Bunch of pu**ies you are.
ATL Cane

Lawrenceville, GA

#34 Jul 23, 2008
I think I've heard the same BS from UF(University of Felons) fans the last time the U played them. They never learn do they? Keep them coming. Can't wait till ya'll choke on Sept 6th.
timmy the turtle

Loxahatchee, FL

#35 Jul 23, 2008
I can't even imagine college football without my beloved Orange Bowl. God, I miss her so...
Jason

Fellsmere, FL

#36 Jul 23, 2008
Guys, guys, we are forgetting the most important fact... FSU sucks. The Semenholes couldn't even beat Kirby Freeman last year.

Go Canes.
Gatoralum

Hollywood, FL

#37 Jul 23, 2008
jason wrote:
<quoted text>why must the gator fans always open their big mouths. You must forgot about that night in the orange bowl or how about that night in the sugar bowl. With all the problems the U had in the past couple of years, were still a better program than florida. numbers dont lie. first round picks, national championships, pro bowl players, tell me when to stop. i dont respect the NC they won a couple of years ago. go wire to wire undefeted and then we can talk. Oh yea
I am sorry, who has won a championshio more recently? Who has had more first rounders lately? Typical ignorant, clueless, highschool educated huricoon fan

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#38 Jul 23, 2008
Coker was the source of the problem.

Didn't recruit well, couldn't develop the talent he had and wasn't a good game coach since he didn't know how to make adjustments during the game or 1/2 time.

That doesn't mean that Shannon is the answer but it's his program now and results will tell the story.
With the football talent grown within this state, UM should be perennial top 10 team within 2-3 years or something is still wrong.
yeagators

United States

#39 Jul 23, 2008
THE MAN wrote:
You UF fans are a bunch of bandwagon pu**ies! UF LOST 4 games last year with the "Heisman Trophy winner" who can't throw a freakin spiral to save his life. AND UF only has 2 national championships in their 100+ year existance. Yeah, great program. Tell me 5 former UF players that have made an impact in the NFL in the last 10 years? UF has the worst bandwagon fans and always will have the worst. Bunch of pu**ies you are.
Your boyfriend has a nice .......WHat does college success have to do w/NFL???? We are University of Florida fans...we cheer for those who play for the University of Florida..It's college (something your not familiar with I assume), not professional...same old, tired BS from Canes fans who can't let go of a glorious past (PAST being the operative word here)...Your picked 3rd in your "one side" of the lowly ACC...that's for pu**ies...
Tony Carles

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#40 Jul 23, 2008
It is unfortunate how the Hurricane program has regressed over the past few years. The primary reason, in my opinion, was elevating Larry Coker to head coach, proving once again that being a good assistant coach does not guarantee success as a head coach. He won with Butch Davis' players but his recruiting skills left much to be desired and the program is still paying the price.
Larry Shannon may yet prove to be a asuccessful head coach but his first year was less than impressive.
Even though I moved to Jacksonville, I am and will continue to be a loyal and diehard Canes fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ACC Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Agenda: Where are Charleston's new librarie... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Slugger 1
News Maryland women's basketball - Brown and Frese n... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Bigpops 1
News Top-25 showdown on tap in ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bob 1
ACC Championship Game 2014: Bold Predictions fo... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Emartin250 1
News FSU holds off Notre Dame to run win streak to 23 (Oct '14) Oct '14 Collage football fan 1
News What did the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets learn ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 pdmorgs 1
News Maryland Falls to FSU In Final ACC Tournament (Mar '14) Mar '14 GlenW 1
More from around the web