2013 NFL Mock Draft: The Green Bay Packers Select

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: LombardiAve 24

Apr 26, 2012; New York, NY, USA; NFL commissioner Roger Goodell introduces Nick Perry as the number twenty-eight overall pick to the Green Bay Packers in the 2012 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
normanmack

Sunflower, MS

#1 Dec 4, 2012
keep building the defense inside linebackers that good agaist the run
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Dec 5, 2012
Either that or a pass rusher DE or OLB.
Or maybe more important
A LT ( if Sherrod wont heal completely) or a Center/Guard
answerman

Appleton, WI

#3 Dec 5, 2012
Best. Player. Available. If it's a position of need, all the better. But teams that draft for need end up reaching (see Mr. Ponder to our west).

Hoping for a very late pick in the first round... I'd be happy if they have the 32nd pick *grin*
eric

Marshfield, WI

#4 Dec 5, 2012
IF Chicago loses to Minnesota and GB,they may not even make the playoffs.Urlacher is a huge lose and along with Jennings,the defense took a few hits here.Right now,Chicago is 8-4 with us,I doubt they lose to Minnesota but with injuries and the way they are playing the past few weeks,a loss to Minn,then to GB and they are 8-6 and 10-6 may or should get them in but you never know.

I can see GB going for their usual best player available
Probl.going to lose Jennings,hopefully trade or cut Finley and we can sign everyone else.Raji,Pickett,Mathews,Rodg ers.The sticking point is Mathews and his hamstring. 2 or 3 years in a row, he injured his hamstring and if it becomes a long term effect that will be with him through out his career,do you want to sign him LT if its cronic.We will sign him,but, maybe for not the huge bucks that he deserves or expects with his production ( when hes healthy)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5 Dec 5, 2012
NFC will come down to 49ers and Atlanta no one else has distinguished themselves
Mad

Bronx, NY

#6 Dec 5, 2012
lakerbuff wrote:
NFC will come down to 49ers and Atlanta no one else has distinguished themselves
Texans vs Bears
Reggie8-4

West Babylon, NY

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Mad and lakerbuff pass me that bong pipe cause i want to get high too and think that those 4 teams will be in the finals for the nfc crown .I'll agree with san fran but the texans, Atlanta (which to me they will repeat as chokers in the playoffs) and da cubbies??!Must be some strong stuff your smoking!
normanmack

Sunflower, MS

#8 Dec 7, 2012
the offense line need coaching up the defense line what the wide splits when you know you have weak inside linebackers who dont play the run well i will like to see pickett hawk raji if he dont do any better all gone
GBPmies

Finland

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Just off the top of my head

Center (nothing against Saturday but he is old)
RB ( yep )
Tackle (Bulaga is great, the others are ok )
DE (Run stopper)
WR (if we lose Jennings to FA)

eric

Marshfield, WI

#10 Dec 7, 2012
Got to start with an upgrade at Center and LT.
we can use another DE and Safety as well.
then the best players available type thing.
GBPmies

Finland

#11 Dec 8, 2012
eric wrote:
Got to start with an upgrade at Center and LT.
we can use another DE and Safety as well.
then the best players available type thing.
Hey eric, I agree a Center is needed for sure because Saturday may not play next year after he gets a Championship ring this year!

I still would like to see them spend an early round pick on a RB either a 1st or 2nd, Doug Martin went 31st last year and can be an every down back. An extremely talented RB that can block and catch out of the backfield would be an excellent option to take pressure of Rodgers and the passing game. We never use a top draft pick on RB and every year we struggle with running the ball.

If Barclay is ‘serviceable’ we could have 4 Tackles that can get the job done (provided Sherrod can comeback to full strength next year.)

I am not too concerned with the Safety position- 2 young guys playing well and making plays and Morgan Burnett is doing pretty damn good back there. Add Woodson into the mix and we have several of today’s ‘starters’ providing depth. I am not sure Woodson starts at CB in slot next year, I think that spot will belong to Hayward, at least on passing downs, he has better coverage skills. I hope Woodson teaches him how to blitz too!
eric

Marshfield, WI

#12 Dec 8, 2012
GBPimies....IM not sure Woodson will be around for next year.He broke the same shoulder in the SB a few years ago.
They do have Richardson and McMillan as well as Burnett and Jerrett Bush ( who is listed at a corner) but with Williams and Shields then Hayward and House they are pretty solid and there is the draft where if a good quality player falls in the mid rounds,hes in as well.
Im not sure about taking a RB with the 1st round.Backs have a short shelf life compared to other positions but, a i do like you idea.
If Sherrod is healthy,Barclay works out well,there is still Bulaga ( Bulaga or Barclay at RT) Sherrod at LT ( Newhouse can backup LT and LG) Draft a Center high in draft nad i think van Roten can play Center or Guard and Even DS can play both ( although he sucks this year so far)they can prob find a solid contributor in the later rounds and EDS can be send packing or traded for a pick.Sherrod is the wild card here though.Id like to see a high pick at DE.Pickett is playing real well but is upper 30s,Mike Neal cant stay healthy ( plays very well when he plays but)so id love to see a high pick on DE opposite Jarel Worthy and Ryan Pickett ( who is playing well enough,id sign 2 year deal,although hes 37 or so,but, even if he starts to fall back a bit,he still is solid enough to fill in and teach the youngsters how to do it).Jennings will free up 9M when he leaves via FAcy, I PRAY they cut or trade Finley and free us up 8-9M, i can see Woodson retiring ( if they win the SB) or at least taking a pay cut for his final year or being cut out right.
I cant wait to see if Grant can carry some of the load behind Green.Next year,who knows Green isnt great but with a new center it maybe a better line,Barclay certainly is better then Lang at RT ( although we didnt run real well with Bulaga) so maybe Barclay is an improvment ( we will see over the next few weeks with a tough Detroit def.line,then Chicago on the road in a playoff attmosphere,Tenn. and finish it off with Minnesota on the road vs a team they may have a shot at the playoffs,or would love to knock us back or out,then the playoffs themselves,IF he works out at RT,then TT has a decision to make and there is still Datko ( on practice squad who was concidered a high round draft pick before he injured his shoulder in College and he is a high round talent.) in a perfect world, Barclay would work GREAT at RT,Datko would be able to handle LT well, Sherrod can play either,Newhouse can backup both guard spots we draft a Center early and maybe a solid Guard/Center in the later rounds,making EDS expendable and Bulaga tradeable ( but he would have to prove hes healthy from the groin/Hip injury OR keep him as well).im not sure Datko can play LT but at 6 6,hes certainly big enough,he just needs to add some muscle and strength,esp to the shoulder and so far,i havent heard either way but hes still there,so thats a plus...anyway..we still have plenty of football left for this year,so lets do our best to win out,win the division,make the playoffs and see how it goes. ATL ( seems like chokers to me) SF ( very tough team) NYG maybe ( will beat us most likely,we match terrible with them) they just have to make the playoffs and Washington is on their butts with the tie breaker. then there is always Seattle,Chicago,TB and maybe MInn ( not very deep offensively but win wise are up there) and play Chicago tomarow and a win there,and who really knows and if GB has it all locked by the last game,it may be rest players with most likely a playoff game the following week and no bye,unless we win out and SF loses 1 more
eric

Marshfield, WI

#13 Dec 8, 2012
Hey GBPrimies,
Reggie9-4

West Babylon, NY

#14 Dec 9, 2012
i wouldnt even worry about a rb because they can allways pick someone decent up during next season down the road if needed.To me i'd get a LT -newhouse
cant cut the mustard against teams like the giants.He might get away with it in the north division teams but comes playoff time i dont like him at all we need someone that can handle teams like the giants.EDS i'm not too high either so i'd bounce him too.We have to build up the o line a bit more just a few changes should do the trick.Barclay so far is doing very well at RT .Center isnt much of a worry here if saturday goes -can if necessary pick up a decent center they are not to hard to find.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#15 Dec 12, 2012
It is very rare when a mock draft even remotely resembles the actual draft byond the first few picks in the first round and even there, we can have major surprises.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#16 Dec 12, 2012
May I add that nobody even had the foggiest notion that David Wilson was high on the Giants wish list outside of the Giant front office. His speed and strength as a runner is somwhat reminiscent of O.J. Simpson.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#17 Dec 12, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
His speed and strength as a runner is somwhat reminiscent of O.J. Simpson.
That or steroids

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>That or steroids
He hasn't been busted. What's your excuse?
Reggie9-4

Westbury, NY

#19 Dec 12, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote-" He hasn't been busted. What's your excuse?"

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NICE ONE

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#21 Dec 13, 2012
lakerbuff wrote:
Nobody was counting on the Giants to be serious Super Bowl contenders at this point last season. The best team during the regular season does not always make it to the Super Bowl. Just ask the 1967 Rams or the 1998 Vikings. Even the great teams can have bad games and there is no best 2 out of 3 if a team does have a flat performance in a playoff gsme.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... 1 hr Belcher Report 3
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 27,340
PSU paid price, deserves to be back 23 hr Selfish Sandusky 7
Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a little s... 23 hr bobbyg43 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Mon Go Blue Forever 1,368
ASU vs. Colorado: By the numbers Sun Bilby 1
The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) Sun Just Me Wolfie 49,279
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••