I Couldn't Have Been More Wrong About...

I Couldn't Have Been More Wrong About Notre Dame This Season.

There are 81 comments on the The Big Lead story from Oct 23, 2012, titled I Couldn't Have Been More Wrong About Notre Dame This Season.. In it, The Big Lead reports that:

A few days after Notre Dame's best defensive player in 2011, freshman Aaron Lynch, transferred to South Florida in April, I wrote this about Brian Kelly and Notre Dame: Freshman superstar and future 1st round lock leaves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Big Lead.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#21 Oct 29, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well is that still your take?
Yes as we will take full advantage of what you noted in your post #19. I look forward to a good matchup!

San Marino, CA

#22 Oct 29, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text> think it will be fun, as of right now, we'll have everything to lose and you'll have nothing to lose.
This is now the time for USC to make its mark or fall flat as we are slated to play the #3,#4, and #25 teams in our last four games. I like our chances being at home in 3 of our last 4 (counting ASU), and playing UCLA at the Rose Bowl is more like a home game for us.

USC - IT IS PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#23 Oct 29, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Like LSU's Honey Badger
Good one Nation. Now let's see some of that enthusiasm against those nasty Trojans ;)

Time to take off your white theatre kit gloves and put on the boxing gloves. You know they will if they whoop our booty again :(

Go Bruins, we are actually getting serious here!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#24 Oct 31, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>This game will be a serious reality check for you guys. You beat them (and soundly) and I will even admit I will then be worried about the Trojan/Irish game!
REALLY? No it's a REALITY CHECK for you!

CRY ON TROJANS!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#25 Nov 1, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text> think it will be fun, as of right now, we'll have everything to lose and you'll have nothing to lose.
ND is having the season that we thought we would be having. Had they started the season as highly ranked as we were, they'd be #1 or #2 now. I think they also get little respect from ESPN because of their deal with NBC, which affects the media's perception of ND. ESPN doesn't want to hype up a team that is playing on rival's network, thus ND doesn't get the media exposure. Those who follow college football and attempt to not let bias cloud their judgment know that Teo should be front and center of any Heisman discussion.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#26 Nov 1, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
know that Teo should be front and center of any Heisman discussion.
totally agree

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#27 Nov 1, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
totally agree
Nation please, let's stick to our own for once. What about Jonathan :/

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#28 Nov 1, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
totally agree
He is. He is also ESPNs fan favorite by a land slide.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#29 Nov 1, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
ND is having the season that we thought we would be having. Had they started the season as highly ranked as we were, they'd be #1 or #2 now. I think they also get little respect from ESPN because of their deal with NBC, which affects the media's perception of ND. ESPN doesn't want to hype up a team that is playing on rival's network, thus ND doesn't get the media exposure. Those who follow college football and attempt to not let bias cloud their judgment know that Teo should be front and center of any Heisman discussion.
We have our detractors but I think Manti is being treated fair. It is unheard of to have a MLB even in the conversation.

I am surprised by the team to be honest. I was thinking 9 wins, 8 would be OK if we showed improvement and 10 would mean we are ahead of where I thought we were. It seems pretty doable now but there are games to be played and Pitt's record might not be the best but they are good enough to beat a sloppy ND team. Our guys have to keep their focus. It isn't going to be easy. Hopefully they are staying away from the distractions. No one on this team has experienced the type of hype that they will be getting. Notre Dame in the conversation brings in a lot more noise than say Boise State in the picture. Dan Devine said there are 2 types of people, those that Love the Irish and those that hate them, both are a pain in the ass.

San Marino, CA

#30 Nov 1, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY? No it's a REALITY CHECK for you!
CRY ON TROJANS!
Here is your reality check...
AGE ON HAG!

San Marino, CA

#31 Nov 1, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
He is. He is also ESPNs fan favorite by a land slide.
The only land slide you will experience in back on the island because you are probably stupid enough to own a home in the path of a volcano lava flow... HaHa

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#32 Nov 1, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
We have our detractors but I think Manti is being treated fair. It is unheard of to have a MLB even in the conversation.
I am surprised by the team to be honest. I was thinking 9 wins, 8 would be OK if we showed improvement and 10 would mean we are ahead of where I thought we were. It seems pretty doable now but there are games to be played and Pitt's record might not be the best but they are good enough to beat a sloppy ND team. Our guys have to keep their focus. It isn't going to be easy. Hopefully they are staying away from the distractions. No one on this team has experienced the type of hype that they will be getting. Notre Dame in the conversation brings in a lot more noise than say Boise State in the picture. Dan Devine said there are 2 types of people, those that Love the Irish and those that hate them, both are a pain in the ass.
Well you guys have several marketing machines working for you.

Manti is used to the hype. He's been dealing with media since his Junior year of high school. I heard you are now recruiting his cousin. He is bad ass to.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#33 Nov 1, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Here is your reality check...
AGE ON HAG!
Everyday I get OLDER so do you! LMAO!

Is that all you got...Mr. Limp?

CRY ON CHOSEN TRAVELER! CRY ON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#34 Nov 1, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text> The only land slide you will experience in back on the island because you are probably stupid enough to own a home in the path of a volcano lava flow... HaHa
WOW! Is that it!

Well here's a little song for you.

CRY ON for ol' SC
They say CRY ON, no victories
Our Alma Mater dear
They've cried all night into their beers
CRY ON! cRY ON!

Now you'll be dining that one for a while.

LMAO!

Mariota 70.- Barkley 41

CRY ON!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#35 Nov 1, 2012
Well Oregon winning does me no good.....damn, here goes.....Fight On.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#36 Nov 1, 2012
BigDan wrote:
Well Oregon winning does me no good.....damn, here goes.....Fight On.
Dan IF ND loses to USC, it's because of YOU! Now you giving ND bad football jujju. Thanks brother. You can't put that out in the Universe. Now you just created a mess.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#37 Nov 2, 2012
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan IF ND loses to USC, it's because of YOU! Now you giving ND bad football jujju. Thanks brother. You can't put that out in the Universe. Now you just created a mess.
USC will be the last ranked team that we play and last game, Everyone else gets a Championship game after that as a beauty contest for the voters. The last thought about us is our last game. I would like USC to be ranked as high as possible. Them being a 3 or 4 loss team is no good for Notre Dame. While it was hard for me to say it, it had to be said. We aren't getting a lot of love from the voters, the computers are the only thing keeping us in it. If it weren't for the computers, that sorry ass LSU team that shouldn't even be in the top 10 would be ranked above us. The media hasn't turned on them yet so they get a lot of love from the voters. Do you think Oregon beating USC gives Notre Dame a better chance of beating USC? What the hell kind of logic is that. Leave the Notre Dame stuff up to me. I've always been in their corner, I wasn't "having coffee with pete every morning" a couple of years ago. Yes I remember when you were a USC supporter and I remember you saying that you knew Manti's family and that they assured you that he was going to USC. Do you remember me giving you hell for that on here back then? I do.
Besides, my saying anything on Topix has zero effect on the outcome of any game. Me not wearing my Irish Forever shirt on game day does.
Besides, we have our hands full with a bunch of nothing to lose teams that playing us is their Bowl game. We have to navigate those land mines before we talk about USC.

Go Irish and a big FIGHT ON until Nov 24th. That doesn't make me a USC fan, it makes me a whats best for Notre Dame kind of fan.

Burn, baby, burn!

#38 Nov 2, 2012
BigDan wrote:
here goes.....Fight On.
I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!! Deep inside every ND fan is a USC fan yearning to be set free. Don't resist, just let it take it over. Now raise your hand and form the "Victory" sign with your fingers, there you go. Welcome to the family!

Burn, baby, burn!

#39 Nov 2, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't "having coffee with pete every morning" a couple of years ago. Yes I remember when you were a USC supporter and I remember you saying that you knew Manti's family and that they assured you that he was going to USC. Do you remember me giving you hell for that on here back then? I do.
ROFL!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#40 Nov 2, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!! Deep inside every ND fan is a USC fan yearning to be set free. Don't resist, just let it take it over. Now raise your hand and form the "Victory" sign with your fingers, there you go. Welcome to the family!
"Deep inside every ND fan is a USC fan yearning to be set free."

It's called constipation and what comes out is the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 min Trojan 32,827
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Sat BuzzerPhartss 2
News West Virginia rattles, then rolls past Notre Da... Mar 18 HornPhartz 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News WOW!!! Upset is one of the biggest in college h... (Sep '07) Mar 11 HistoryPhartss 14
News Nike debuts Michigan Wolverines Air Jordan XXXI... Mar 2 DebutPhartz 2
More from around the web