I Couldn't Have Been More Wrong About Notre Dame This Season.

Oct 23, 2012 Full story: The Big Lead 81

A few days after Notre Dame's best defensive player in 2011, freshman Aaron Lynch, transferred to South Florida in April, I wrote this about Brian Kelly and Notre Dame: Freshman superstar and future 1st round lock leaves.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Hell pretty much everyone on Topix couldn't have been more wrong. We have already won more games at the halfway point than almost everyone said we would win all season. There is a lot of wrong going around, I thought Arkansas would be better but to my defense, they lost their coach. We didn't lose or gain anything of great value so everyone picking us to only win 6 or 7 games were wrong because they are ignorant.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#2 Oct 24, 2012
We have to win 2 of our last 5 for it to be a good season for us according to my expectations that were posted on here coming into the season. I like my odds. My bold predictions were for next season.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#3 Oct 25, 2012
BigDan wrote:
We have to win 2 of our last 5 for it to be a good season for us according to my expectations that were posted on here coming into the season. I like my odds. My bold predictions were for next season.
Well then, I guess you won't mind if my Trojans give you of those 3 losses.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#4 Oct 25, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
I mind. But it's not because I want to be right, it's just because I want to beat USC. I'm sure you feel the same way.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#5 Oct 25, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
The ND defense was a bit of a surprise on how well they have meshed together this season. But yes we will be giving them one of their losses (I still stick with my revised 2 touchdown Trojan win)!!!

FIGHT ON

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#6 Oct 25, 2012
BigDan wrote:
Hell pretty much everyone on Topix couldn't have been more wrong.
While that might be true BIG Dan, I always had hope for your Irish, not a lot of faith mind you, just hope. Same goes for my Bruins :/

Go Bruins, hopefully at least one of us will beat USC this year!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#7 Oct 25, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, I am almost certain Mister CPEM that your Trojans will be the 5th or 6th loss for my Bruins :(

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>The ND defense was a bit of a surprise on how well they have meshed together this season. But yes we will be giving them one of their losses (I still stick with my revised 2 touchdown Trojan win)!!!
FIGHT ON
Well I hope my 5th ranked Irish pull off the upset of the 8th ranked sooners?

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#9 Oct 25, 2012
Could be a heavy cussing weekend.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#10 Oct 26, 2012
BigDan wrote:
This game will be a serious reality check for you guys. You beat them (and soundly) and I will even admit I will then be worried about the Trojan/Irish game!

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#11 Oct 26, 2012
BigDan wrote:
class act
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturd...

Westwood

#12 Oct 26, 2012
BigDan wrote:
speaking of cussing did you see this
http://www.doublecoveragefootball.com/2012/10...
Wyoming head football coach Dave Christensen going nuts after the Air Force game
rated R

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#13 Oct 26, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>This game will be a serious reality check for you guys. You beat them (and soundly) and I will even admit I will then be worried about the Trojan/Irish game!
You should have been worried a long time ago. If we lose to them you should still be scared to death. You aren't in their league at the moment. You have some skill players but they are better across the board. If we beat them, I'll be no more or less worried about playing USC. It's a rivalry game so even though I think we are better than USC I know that they are good enough to win.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#14 Oct 26, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
He makes me proud as a fan, makes me even more proud as a human being. The great thing is that this isn't the first time for him. He is just a good guy. In no way is he perfect but he seems like the type that makes it his goal to be a better man every day. He isn't the only guy out there doing good things but it seems like it has become rare to hear stories like these rather than the bad from athletes.

“WE FIGHT ON AND WIN!”

San Marino, CA

#15 Oct 26, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have been worried a long time ago. If we lose to them you should still be scared to death. You aren't in their league at the moment. You have some skill players but they are better across the board. If we beat them, I'll be no more or less worried about playing USC. It's a rivalry game so even though I think we are better than USC I know that they are good enough to win.
CTs prediction: USC by 14 points. And your take?

Westwood

#16 Oct 26, 2012
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes me proud as a fan, makes me even more proud as a human being. The great thing is that this isn't the first time for him. He is just a good guy. In no way is he perfect but he seems like the type that makes it his goal to be a better man every day. He isn't the only guy out there doing good things but it seems like it has become rare to hear stories like these rather than the bad from athletes.
Like LSU's Honey Badger

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#17 Oct 26, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>CTs prediction: USC by 14 points. And your take?
You might be able to score 14 if everything goes perfect is my prediction.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#18 Oct 26, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Like LSU's Honey Badger
The problem with LSU is that Honey Badger is the norm there. It would be different if it was an isolated incident.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
think it will be fun, as of right now, we'll have everything to lose and you'll have nothing to lose.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#20 Oct 28, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Well is that still your take?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 41 min Trojan 27,388
The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC? (Aug '07) 3 hr Just Me Wolfie 49,281
College football rewind: Virginia Tech, USC exp... 4 hr PEE PEE PETE 2
What did the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets learn ... 14 hr pdmorgs 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 14 hr Go Blue Forever 1,373
So Kentucky came close to beating Florida Tue FLORIDA SWAMPER 1
West Virginia Mountaineers Football: Strength T... Tue Hate Thread- Ignore 8
•••
•••

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••