UCLA football notebook: Freshman back Dean remains a bystander

Full story: Daily Breeze 16
Freshman running back Aundre Dean was one of the coups of UCLA's stellar recruiting class, but he has been somewhat of a bystander in training camp. Full Story
Steve Robbins

AOL

#1 Aug 12, 2008
The biggest load of good news is the versatile and fast fullback Trevor Theriot. Did we recruit this kid? Steal him? Or build him in some lab at UCLA? I went to practice for the first time and thought I was looking at a professional football player in Theriot. I just hope he stays healthy. Does he play tailback too?
Steve

Sun Valley, CA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Look, I know it's way early in the season. Chow and RN obviously know what they're doing and we must defer to their expertise. But I sure hope that blue chip recruit Aundre Dean isn't under-utilized this season, gets disappointed and decides to transfer. That would be bad for recruiting.
Mark

Sun Valley, CA

#4 Aug 12, 2008
That's some finely-tuned, intelligent analysis there, STB. What a great representative of your hometown and school (an obvious Trojan). You must be so proud.
Zippy

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 12, 2008
Classy stuff, STB. And your analysis/prediction that UCLA won't win the Pac-10 this year is brilliant!
UCLA ROB

Valyermo, CA

#7 Aug 12, 2008
STB wrote:
FUCLA.
Their whole season is just about trying to beat SC. Thats good enough for them now days.
No chance of a pac-10 title.
trOJans suck.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 13, 2008
Aundre Dean is a great Kid that has been thru many adversities in his life, but his biggest asset is that he's a young man of faith, patience is the only thing that perhaps he needs to work on. He is accustomed to being "the" main man in the offense, but this is college now. Before his career is over at UCLA I'm sure he'll be remembered as a back in the same level as Deshaun Foster and Maurice Drew. The fact that he's being a "bystander" actually speaks volumes about the depth of the UCLA backfield, which has been a weakness for the Bruins since the departure of Maurice Drew. Aundre is a fighter and will he will play a major role in the UCLA offense, if not this year - then the next for sure, and you can take that to the bank!
GGGG

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Aug 13, 2008
Go Bruins!
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 14, 2008
hey Steve, Bite on!! trOJans
R U Serious

Bellflower, CA

#12 Aug 14, 2008
usc steve wrote:
i like your delusional optimism <quoted text>
Delusional optimism? I'll tell you about delusional optimism. That S.U.C could beat Stanford on the way to a national championship. Thats how you describe delusional optimism, Sparky Bite On!!
manhattan beach dude

La Mirada, CA

#13 Aug 14, 2008
UCLA ROB wrote:
hey Steve, Bite on!! trOJans
now, now, don't stir the pot.
The Dude

Chatsworth, CA

#14 Aug 14, 2008
mmmaaaar wrote:
Hey, rumors running around here in Katy that Aundre had failed a steroids test and lost his scholarship. Obviously, if he's at practice that seems to be just a rumor but could it be a reason for his watching, not doing?? Hope not, as he has a lot going for him. There were lots of things going around last year about him and several teammates, some from bragging teammates, about how they were gaming the system with their stacks and cutting off right before fall practices. Of course, Texas now has a random roid testing policy, but it wasn't put into place until AFTER football season!! Hmmmm.
Nice try Trojan. Paging Dr. Ting!
usc steve

Whittier, CA

#15 Aug 14, 2008
6 straight pac 10 titles and in the bcs running every year - please stop with the bite on ...really can you come up with something better. thats like univ of spoiled children - that was old in 1985
R U Serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional optimism? I'll tell you about delusional optimism. That S.U.C could beat Stanford on the way to a national championship. Thats how you describe delusional optimism, Sparky Bite On!!
manhattan beach dude

La Mirada, CA

#16 Aug 14, 2008
usc steve wrote:
6 straight pac 10 titles and in the bcs running every year - please stop with the bite on ...really can you come up with something better. thats like univ of spoiled children - that was old in 1985 <quoted text>
"please stop with the bite on" they must be getting to you, you have requested this many times now. I find it funny. BYW hows tammie trojan?, back from her honeymoon yet?
usc steve

Whittier, CA

#17 Aug 14, 2008
wearing me down like a thai hooker ....i havent heard a phrase repeated over and over again since my kids say " are we there yet "," are we there yet ", " are we there yet "
manhatan beach dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"please stop with the bite on" they must be getting to you, you have requested this many times now. I find it funny. BYW hows tammie trojan?, back from her honeymoon yet?
UCLA ROB

Valyermo, CA

#18 Aug 17, 2008
usc steve wrote:
wearing me down like a thai hooker ....i havent heard a phrase repeated over and over again since my kids say " are we there yet "," are we there yet ", " are we there yet " <quoted text>
sorry steve, it never gets old on this side. Like MBD said and I also want to know - is Tammy Trojan back from her honeymoon yet?
manhattan beach dude

La Mirada, CA

#19 Aug 18, 2008
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry steve, it never gets old on this side. Like MBD said and I also want to know - is Tammy Trojan back from her honeymoon yet?
you won't get a response from steve, he's heartbroken, like Brokeback Mountain. Denial is a strong emotion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Like it or not, Jerry Jones has Cowboys on the ... 16 min Troy 7
Police: Cowboys RB Randle arrested on theft charge 17 min Tony 8
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Trojan 27,879
Brady Hoke asked about possibly playing Wilton ... 11 hr Father of Two 2
FSU holds off Notre Dame to run win streak to 23 16 hr Collage football fan 1
End appears near for Tim Beckman at Illinois Oct 17 JTyler 1
Police: Cowboys RB Randle arrested on theft charge Oct 15 Flatulence Fred 5

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE