College Football: UCLA's prized recru...

College Football: UCLA's prized recruit Eddie Vanderdoes cleared to...

There are 3 comments on the The Daily Breeze story from Jul 31, 2013, titled College Football: UCLA's prized recruit Eddie Vanderdoes cleared to.... In it, The Daily Breeze reports that:

Five-star defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes has been cleared to play immediately for UCLA after an appeal with the National Letter of Intent committee, officially ending his dramatic exit from Notre Dame.1 The touted recruit initially committed to the Irish on National Signing Day in February, but asked out of his national letter of intent due to ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Breeze.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Jul 31, 2013
I think this is a very slippery slope. While I understand the young man wanting to be closer to home he signed a contract and should be held to it. He isn't a child, there are men in Afghanistan fighting right now that are younger than he is and they weren't allowed out of their contract because they wanted to be closer to home. I wish him well and I think he will be an awesome player for UCLA, they are lucky to have him. He see like a really good guy. It is less about the individual though and more about the principle.
Anonymous

Delhi, India

#2 Aug 1, 2013
They are lucky to have him. He see like a really good guy.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#3 Aug 1, 2013
I don't like to be compared to any other schools and their bad behavior, but I think my Bruins pulled a fa$t one in being able to land thi$ guy with the ble$$ing of the NCAA ;)

Go Bruins! We are $howing everyone we are a player in thi$ game too now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Apr 26 Go Blue Forever 10,097
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News Oakland Raiders NFL Draft: Sneaky Round 1 Picks Apr 16 TexasRaider 2
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
News Report: Steve Pikiell To Hire Jay Young As Assi... Apr 8 Gail Todd 1
News UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr 6 Samuels Furnace Man 17
More from around the web