SEC Football Teams Guaranteed to Be Overhyped in 2013 Preseason Poll

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: BleacherReport 63

Every season the college football preseason poll is released, and it is guaranteed to have a few SEC teams way higher than they should be.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Billy

Humble, TX

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I can think of a couple teams outside the sec that were overrated as well. Like Oklahoma , USC , Florida State, Oregon , Kansas State and oh yea that school from South Bend , What's there name again Notre Dame. What do you have to say about that!

“Summertime in Dixie”

Since: Jan 13

The land of TACKLE football

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Billy wrote:
I can think of a couple teams outside the sec that were overrated as well. Like Oklahoma , USC , Florida State, Oregon , Kansas State and oh yea that school from South Bend , What's there name again Notre Dame. What do you have to say about that!
You nailed it, Billy.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#3 Jan 18, 2013
> The Media Darling Notre Dame Frightened Iwish was the most over-hyped, and overrated CFB team this year, and, probably will be again in 2013. Throw in those other yearly Media Darlings, USC, Oklahoma, and, Florida State. That's as sure as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west! FACT!!!
>:)

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jan 20, 2013
SEC overhyped.?
I need what he is smoking
SEC is heads and shoulders above the rest of ncaa
with the 4 team playoff. 3 spots should be SEC

#5 Jan 20, 2013
> There are still people roaming the face of the Earth that can't handle the fact that the SEC is numero uno in college football.(a) Is it just being hard headed?(b) misinformed?(c) uneducated on college football?(d) unknowing?(e) not wanting to admit their favorite team can't play a lick of defense, and has absolutely no chance of competing with the SEC elite? What's their problem? Me thinks it's (f) All of the above! Just a little hint for you CFB fans as to why the SEC is #1 ... Seven BCS NC titles in a row! Holy jumpin' Jehoshaphat!

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2013
Blatantly apparent isn't it?

“Summertime in Dixie”

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
Blatantly apparent isn't it?
Yes and I'm lovin' every minute of it! I thought the ND worshiping Brent Mussbooger was going to shoot himself while calling the game.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and I'm lovin' every minute of it! I thought the ND worshiping Brent Mussbooger was going to shoot himself while calling the game.
you were hoping for a win-win
joey

Livonia, LA

#9 Jan 25, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and I'm lovin' every minute of it! I thought the ND worshiping Brent Mussbooger was going to shoot himself while calling the game.
brent has some history if you look into it!he was fired several times before!his voice sucks and his love for yankee teams shows.he must have pull from the top for many dislike him!it was great to see him eat all his bragging on notre dame before the game started?then he tried to act as if ND was still in the game as bama pounded their ass!when ND finally scored you would have thought they were winning?mussberger is the scum of broadcasters!

#10 Jan 26, 2013
> Mussberger and Kirt Herbstreit were both close to tears watching Alabama steamroll the Frightened Iwish. Especially Herbstreit ... he can't stand the SEC. They both quickly disappeared into the shadows after the game to lick their wounds. After that SEC @ss whippin', the Naughty Dame lovers climbed on their dinosaurs and headed back to Jurassic Park. After the SEC beat down of ND, BigDumb... uh, Dan, the Iwish roundup leader, with crocodile tears in his eyes, hollered to the brooding pack of Leprechauns, "Head 'em up ... move 'em out"!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#11 Jan 26, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
> Mussberger and Kirt Herbstreit were both close to tears watching Alabama steamroll the Frightened Iwish. Especially Herbstreit ... he can't stand the SEC. They both quickly disappeared into the shadows after the game to lick their wounds. After that SEC @ss whippin', the Naughty Dame lovers climbed on their dinosaurs and headed back to Jurassic Park. After the SEC beat down of ND, BigDumb... uh, Dan, the Iwish roundup leader, with crocodile tears in his eyes, hollered to the brooding pack of Leprechauns, "Head 'em up ... move 'em out"!
LMAO!

“Summertime in Dixie”

#12 Jan 31, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
LOL, that's classic! Where is Dan at now? Hiding in CT'S fruit and nut stand/taco truck?

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
SEC overhyped.?
That is because the SEC teams are guaranteed 3 mail-in victories by playing weak, Division AA schools every year. The Media conveniently overlooks that. If I had my way, all BCS Conferences would only play games against fellow BCS Conferences. While I am not denying that the SEC has some of the best teams in the country, I say prove it all season long by eliminating these blood money games against weaklings like Northwestern State or Towson... Pleeeeeeeaaaase!!!

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, that's classic! Where is Dan at now? Hiding in CT'S fruit and nut stand/taco truck?
> Clown said he thinks BigDumb... uh, Dan might be in Tijuana at Rosie's Cantina. Coach Artie doesn't believe "The Great White Dinosaur Hunter" made it that far. The Coach thinks ole Dan probably passed out at his favorite hangout ... Club Ebony in Cleveland, Mississippi! They're letting him sleep it off! Man, that's some hangover the boy has! There is word on the streets though, that Dan passed out, and drowned in his tears. That would be a tragic scenario! After watching Naughty Dame get their @sses handed to them by Bama ... if Coach Artie was a Frightened Iwis fan, he probably would have hitched up his dinosaur at the end of the first quarter and headed north, back to the frozen tundra of Indiana (the land BCS quality football forgot). Such a sad story!

Yours truly,
Professor Artie (CFB's equivalent to Physics' Albert Einstein)

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#15 Jan 31, 2013
ART THE ALABAMA CUCKOLD MAN wrote:
Boasts Artie The Alabama Cuckold Man!

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>That is because the SEC teams are guaranteed 3 mail-in victories by playing weak, Division AA schools every year. The Media conveniently overlooks that. If I had my way, all BCS Conferences would only play games against fellow BCS Conferences. While I am not denying that the SEC has some of the best teams in the country, I say prove it all season long by eliminating these blood money games against weaklings like Northwestern State or Towson... Pleeeeeeeaaaase!!!
> DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING! !! Wake up Taco! Were you born ignorant, or, are you a self-taught moron? Here's a little hint for you, Miss Clueless ... now, don't break out in a cold sweat and let this pertinent information overwhelm your peanut sized brain: Read this well known FACT, provided to you commercial free, by your hero, Coach Artie...
The SEC proves they are the best CFB conference year in, and year out. They play a brutal, smash mouth, gauntlet of a conference schedule EVERY YEAR. Then the bloodied SEC champion puts the exclamation mark on the CFB season by winning the National Championship usually stomping one of the sacrificial lambs the hopeful BCS voters throw into the Roman Coliseum. It's really humorous how all those so-called CFB powers come into the NC game every year with the big boisterous thunder of sportswriters and sports commentators. Oh, how those overrated, over-hyped teams quickly find out playing the SEC champ, that they are in way over their heads. What is it now, Taco ... SEVEN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in a row for the SEC? Wow!!! Rip my knickers!!!
Now, pick up your tiddlywinks and head on out the door. Maybe you'll come up with a better argument next time. Here's one for you, Taco... "Is the Pac-12 playing all those (cough, cough, cough!) tough OOC games wearing them out and deflating their chances of ever winning a BCS NC?" What's your thoughts on that intriguing question? Inquiring minds want to know!
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Feb 1, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
SEC overhyped.?
AND ONE OF THEM WOULD BE FLORIDA
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>That is because the SEC teams are guaranteed 3 mail-in victories by playing weak, Division AA schools every year. The Media conveniently overlooks that. If I had my way, all BCS Conferences would only play games against fellow BCS Conferences. While I am not denying that the SEC has some of the best teams in the country, I say prove it all season long by eliminating these blood money games against weaklings like Northwestern State or Towson... Pleeeeeeeaaaase!!!
DOESN'T THE PAC-12 TEAMS HAVE THEIR SHARE OF EASY OPPONENTS IN THE FIRST PART OF THEIR SCHEDULES TOO?

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING! !! Wake up Taco! Were you born ignorant, or, are you a self-taught moron? Here's a little hint for you, Miss Clueless ... now, don't break out in a cold sweat and let this pertinent information overwhelm your peanut sized brain: Read this well known FACT, provided to you commercial free, by your hero, Coach Artie...
The SEC proves they are the best CFB conference year in, and year out. They play a brutal, smash mouth, gauntlet of a conference schedule EVERY YEAR. Then the bloodied SEC champion puts the exclamation mark on the CFB season by winning the National Championship usually stomping one of the sacrificial lambs the hopeful BCS voters throw into the Roman Coliseum. It's really humorous how all those so-called CFB powers come into the NC game every year with the big boisterous thunder of sportswriters and sports commentators. Oh, how those overrated, over-hyped teams quickly find out playing the SEC champ, that they are in way over their heads. What is it now, Taco ... SEVEN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in a row for the SEC? Wow!!! Rip my knickers!!!
Now, pick up your tiddlywinks and head on out the door. Maybe you'll come up with a better argument next time. Here's one for you, Taco... "Is the Pac-12 playing all those (cough, cough, cough!) tough OOC games wearing them out and deflating their chances of ever winning a BCS NC?" What's your thoughts on that intriguing question? Inquiring minds want to know!
Since LSU plays a very small factor in that role, like I said before... Artie the Alabama and SEC Cuckold Man

Take pictures of the rest of the SEC in action and cheating on you for your scrap book! HaHa

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Chump Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Since LSU plays a very big factor in that role winning two BCS NC's and playing in three BCS NC's, like I said before... Artie the LSU and SEC Big Man Fan can brag and boast on the Bayou Bengals if he so chooses. Can I take pictures of all the BCS NC Crystal Football Trophies that the most powerful, the premiere, the best football conference in the world, the SEC has? My cheating, low life Trojans have forced me to burn my scrap book! HaHa
> One thing is for certain ... you did the right thing in burning your Trajon scrap book. Who would want to have mementos of that scum ball football program. Well, at least you still have your blow-up doll to play with. Now, run along and have a fun time ... ya hear!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 min Bruin For Life 28,246
Randy Smith: SEC Picks Week 14 55 min tldooley 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Buffalo Bull 1,432
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
QB will be key if LSU rebounds again Tue Bob 1
Auburn opens 6-game stretch of ranked teams vs LSU Mon defense auburn 2
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE