The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49305 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49714 Jun 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie sees why you are between coaching jobs. You're too easy! You have to push your boys to the limit, be mentally abusive, and physically "hard". But, you must be firm about it. Poke them to death, you have to! You have to plant deep into a player's behind, a seven inch meal for their fanny, if you will, and it must be repeated. Repetition, repetition, repetition... not only on playing off the child's weakness, but, making the right play at the right time and doing it deep and hard is paramount. Good coaching and good man-making go peniss in hand! Orgasming is what it's all about! If you're not in it to cumm, and make a boy into a man,... you're in the wrong business!
>:)
I little crude of you even for this format, but I do like the way YOU Coach...Dico ;)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49715 Jun 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> And, and, and... sail your Leg canoe into my Sea of Desire with a big middle Leg sail! Remarkable!!!
Or, just stand at attention, because I'm on my knees for you, Mr. Tzar...

>:)
Coach Dico, you are really getting down and nasty tonight ;)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49717 Jun 17, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite an assumption you are making, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I understand this free forum platform for you to approve or disapprove of any commentary I may put forth.
I did coach basketball at the high school level, and while every coach has their own methodology of guiding the players they oversee, I worked off the summation of preparing these young men to not only excel on the court but just as importantly off it as well.
The overwhelming percentages show that the majority of these kids will never even attain an athletic scholarship at the college level. My ideology is to also assist in their overall character development as well. You will not see me call them dude or judge the way they speak, nor make any assumptive gesture that they have never won at anything despite not winning the championship in our conference during any given year.
The Topix format I have recently discovered appears to be an interesting podium to convey sports related information. I guess too that I should not be surprised by naysayers or those that have contempt towards my thought or projections. That is why this is an open forum, primarily for the expression of many different opinions.
Thank you for your time.
You coached high school? Judging by your post I can see why it says "coached high school and not coach high school". Ok I think you might have been a volunteer or something but that is about it. Let's not play pretend coach like Art Deco does. It is ok for him to do it because it is kind like nicknaming a fat guy slim. He us far from it.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49718 Jun 17, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: Your employer got wise and you got your ahss fired again... HaHa
It's a delusion why respond.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49719 Jun 17, 2013
> T-Town Clown, Goober Hull, Poon Tang Wayne ... you boys come on down from Eagle's Still up on Hoot 'N Holler Hill in the piney woods. Sober up some, ya hear! Because, it won't be long now ... SEC football! "Does Coach Artie hear 8 in a row?" YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!! SEC-SEC-SEC!!!
>;)

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49720 Jun 17, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a delusion why respond.
> Danny boy has the ND BCS NC disaster pain dissipated from your pumpkin head yet? No??? Yeah, Coach Artie can tell! Too bad! Hey, Daniel, The Coach, has another pertinent question for you: Did your ole All-American blow-up doll lovin' buddy, Manti Z'ro, ever get the 110 Crimson Tide SEC cleats surgically removed from the back of his head? If you can get off work early from the cotton fields, could you find out that pertinent info? Inquiring minds want to know! Anyway, you have yourself a nice day shaking your tin cup while begging for quarters in front of the Goodwill Store ... ya hear!?

Yours truly,
Coach Artie (The consummate inquirer! Constantly asking sensitive, but, intriquing questions to the lost and lonely, and beguiled)
>:)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49721 Jun 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Danny boy has the ND BCS NC disaster pain dissipated from your pumpkin head yet? No??? Yeah, Coach Artie can tell! Too bad! Hey, Daniel, The Coach, has another pertinent question for you: Did your ole All-American blow-up doll lovin' buddy, Manti Z'ro, ever get the 110 Crimson Tide SEC cleats surgically removed from the back of his head? If you can get off work early from the cotton fields, could you find out that pertinent info? Inquiring minds want to know! Anyway, you have yourself a nice day shaking your tin cup while begging for quarters in front of the Goodwill Store ... ya hear!?
Yours truly,
Coach Artie (The consummate inquirer! Constantly asking sensitive, but, intriquing questions to the lost and lonely, and beguiled)
>:)
Are you talking about the Championship game that we crossed the 50 in and scored more in 1 game than you did after playing Bama twice in one season. Yeah I am over losing. big loses are easy to take, close ones are hard. Have a nice day and try again. Remember that it is always better being me than it is being you. Have a nice day Bobby Boucher, watch out for mama.
RogerThat

AOL

#49723 Jun 17, 2013
.

Walking CLOSELY to the Lord?..realityChecklist >>

http://youtu.be/xaRDEqO7_TE

.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49724 Jun 17, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Championship game that we crossed the 50 in and scored more in 1 game than you did after playing Bama twice in one season.
BIG Danny please, do you have to keep bringing up that 50 yard line issue with LSU again :/

It always reminds us Bruin fans of another horrific 50... the 50-0 loss against those nasty Trojans that very same year :(

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! We are over all that...please!

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#49725 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Charlie played at Alabama for the Bear
That is correct. Coach Pell was also known for turning around Clemson football where he coached them to compete in the Gator Bowl his very first season as head coach. I believe that was their first bowl invitation in something like 15 years.

Unfortunately Coach Pell will more likely be remembered for the decimation of the Florida football by way of NCAA infractions while under his reign. It was tarnished even further when Clemson also received player recruitment violations based on the period while Pell was coaching there.

There is no doubt the Coach Pell resurrected both football programs he coached with immediate impact, but the consequences from how this was achieved, puts a very big black mark next to his coaching legacy from a historical point of reference.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#49726 Jun 17, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
You coached high school? Judging by your post I can see why it says "coached high school and not coach high school". Ok I think you might have been a volunteer or something but that is about it. Let's not play pretend coach like Art Deco does. It is ok for him to do it because it is kind like nicknaming a fat guy slim. He us far from it.
I assure you there was no pretending while I was coaching. I was known for being forthright with my players. Whether that ultimately was my reason for being released I cannot tell you, but I will implement the same ideology given the next opportunity.

I will never misinform an athlete but feel compelled to be honest with them regarding their ability, potential achievements, and where they fit in the program. A lot of coaches philosophize the "greater cause" of winning at any athlete's expense. This could limit my potential with employers in the future such has been the case for NBA and college legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

So while during my coaching sabbatical, I do continue to enjoy this online platform as a means of expression, whatever the motivation or agenda of every other individual who takes time for their schedule to participate.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#49727 Jun 17, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct. Coach Pell was also known for turning around Clemson football where he coached them to compete in the Gator Bowl his very first season as head coach. I believe that was their first bowl invitation in something like 15 years.
Unfortunately Coach Pell will more likely be remembered for the decimation of the Florida football by way of NCAA infractions while under his reign. It was tarnished even further when Clemson also received player recruitment violations based on the period while Pell was coaching there.
There is no doubt the Coach Pell resurrected both football programs he coached with immediate impact, but the consequences from how this was achieved, puts a very big black mark next to his coaching legacy from a historical point of reference.
True. It was so bad he attempted to take his life. He came to work for my late husbands family. And became an advocate for mental health. As he said...You have to empty your bucket of feelings. Time heals. He will be remembered for being a great player, coach and man. I loved hi,. He was so great to my oldest son.:)

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#49728 Jun 17, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
True. It was so bad he attempted to take his life. He came to work for my late husbands family. And became an advocate for mental health. As he said...You have to empty your bucket of feelings. Time heals. He will be remembered for being a great player, coach and man. I loved hi,. He was so great to my oldest son.:)
Sometimes we need to hear a personal story or relationship such as yours, with a public figure that helps us read into the underlying composition of the individual that can essentially mean far more to understanding them than any one dimensional account another might try to convey.

Thanks for sharing your intimate interaction with Coach Pell with us.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#49729 Jun 17, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes we need to hear a personal story or relationship such as yours, with a public figure that helps us read into the underlying composition of the individual that can essentially mean far more to understanding them than any one dimensional account another might try to convey.

Thanks for sharing your intimate interaction with Coach Pell with us.
No worries . I know lots of Coaches. Lots of them are fantastic people. Some are just nervous wrecks.

But Coach Charlie was a nice man.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#49730 Jun 17, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries . I know lots of Coaches. Lots of them are fantastic people. Some are just nervous wrecks.
But Coach Charlie was a nice man.
Hey Wolfie on the way to the frige for a snack...

see you have an eco-friendly stadium, mind if I grab a bite

might look like the Roman Colosseum when I'm done ;)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49731 Jun 18, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
True. It was so bad he attempted to take his life. He came to work for my late husbands family. And became an advocate for mental health. As he said...You have to empty your bucket of feelings. Time heals. He will be remembered for being a great player, coach and man. I loved hi,. He was so great to my oldest son.:)
Oh my Miss Wolfie, I see a correlation between Coach Prell and our very own Bruin Lifer :/

If only Lifer would embrace the need for mental assistance like Coach Prell did :/

It was nice to see that Coach Prell made something of his life after being such an unsavory coach, especially making that great shampoo I used to use ;)

Go Bruins, Go Coach, Go Cosmetics!

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#49733 Jun 18, 2013
Sharrp Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Wolfie on the way to the frige for a snack...
see you have an eco-friendly stadium, mind if I grab a bite
might look like the Roman Colosseum when I'm done ;)
LOL!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49734 Jun 18, 2013
BigDan de Minister of ND Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the Championship game that we finally crossed our 40 late in the 3rd quarter? That NC game which Alabama scored three touchdowns in the 1st quarter and five by halftime? No I'll never get over my Fighting Irish getting embarrassed and losing like that on national TV. Now those wins over the cupcakes that my beloved Notre Dame plays every year are easy to take, close ones are hard. Wish me a nice day and I'll try again. Remember that it is terrible being me than it is being you. Have to go now, my mommy is breast feeding me for lunch.
> Well, hang in there, Danny boy ... the SEC gifted pain to the Frightened Iwish should dissipate before the new millennium. Uh, don't eat too much for lunch ... you don't want to get colic!
>:)
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#49735 Jun 18, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct. Coach Pell was also known for turning around Clemson football where he coached them to compete in the Gator Bowl his very first season as head coach. I believe that was their first bowl invitation in something like 15 years.
Unfortunately Coach Pell will more likely be remembered for the decimation of the Florida football by way of NCAA infractions while under his reign. It was tarnished even further when Clemson also received player recruitment violations based on the period while Pell was coaching there.
There is no doubt the Coach Pell resurrected both football programs he coached with immediate impact, but the consequences from how this was achieved, puts a very big black mark next to his coaching legacy from a historical point of reference.
PELL CAUSED US MORE HARM THAN GOOD IN THE LONG RUN, BUT THANKS TO URBAN ALL THAT WAS FORGOTTEN
GO GATORS

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49736 Jun 18, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Well, hang with me, Danny boy ... the STD guided pain I inflict to male anus' should dissipate before the new moon. Oh, and don't eat too much female snatch for lunch ... you don't want to get Chlamydia! It is safer to stick in, I mean with me! >:)
Oh my Coach Dico, I think you are giving a little too much detail to our broad spectrum Topix audience here :/

Best to give another fella a "pep talk" like this in private ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr tom wingo 29,852
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr stewart scott 2,340
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Tue Fart news 10,071
News Florida wide receiver Alvin Bailey arrested in ... Jul 27 Fart news 3
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
News What are your rights during a traffic stop? Jul 24 Fart news 2
News 3 Arkansas players arrested on forgery complaint Jul 23 Fart news 2
More from around the web