The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49307 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#49696 Jun 14, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you aren't a coach of anything, now let's just move on. First off, a coach doesn't speak like that, well not an employed one that has ever won anything.
That is quite an assumption you are making, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I understand this free forum platform for you to approve or disapprove of any commentary I may put forth.

I did coach basketball at the high school level, and while every coach has their own methodology of guiding the players they oversee, I worked off the summation of preparing these young men to not only excel on the court but just as importantly off it as well.

The overwhelming percentages show that the majority of these kids will never even attain an athletic scholarship at the college level. My ideology is to also assist in their overall character development as well. You will not see me call them dude or judge the way they speak, nor make any assumptive gesture that they have never won at anything despite not winning the championship in our conference during any given year.

The Topix format I have recently discovered appears to be an interesting podium to convey sports related information. I guess too that I should not be surprised by naysayers or those that have contempt towards my thought or projections. That is why this is an open forum, primarily for the expression of many different opinions.

Thank you for your time.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#49698 Jun 15, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite an assumption you are making, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I understand this free forum platform for you to approve or disapprove of any commentary I may put forth.
I did coach basketball at the high school level, and while every coach has their own methodology of guiding the players they oversee, I worked off the summation of preparing these young men to not only excel on the court but just as importantly off it as well.
The overwhelming percentages show that the majority of these kids will never even attain an athletic scholarship at the college level. My ideology is to also assist in their overall character development as well. You will not see me call them dude or judge the way they speak, nor make any assumptive gesture that they have never won at anything despite not winning the championship in our conference during any given year.
The Topix format I have recently discovered appears to be an interesting podium to convey sports related information. I guess too that I should not be surprised by naysayers or those that have contempt towards my thought or projections. That is why this is an open forum, primarily for the expression of many different opinions.
Thank you for your time.
Amen.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49699 Jun 15, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>I agree wholeheartedly that there is much misinformation (both unintentional and deliberate) streaming through online commentary. While I can’t say I would go so far to label any individuals with some of the metaphors you describe, my attempt is to prefer subject matter based on general knowledge as opposed to speculation or conjecture.
As a fellow coach, you know that while we try to push the envelope to propel our athletes to perform at the level we think they are capable of, we also must come to realize that there are margins on the limits we can expect these individuals will attain. This can also be reflected beyond the coach-to-athlete realm and into the regimen of daily life.
> Coach Orwin, Coach Artie sees why you are between coaching jobs. You're too intellectual! Maybe you should try your hand at psychology, or, sociology! LOL!!! Just kidding, Coach! Being a coach... and, if you want to be a championship winning coach (for instance, an SEC coach)... you must have common sense to start with! And, you have to push your players to the limit, mentally, and, physically. Constructive criticism is always the best route for coaching players! But, you must point out a mistake a player makes, and be firm about it. Coach it to death, if you have to! You have to plant that into a player's mind, a seven course meal for thought, if you will, so that mistakes won't be repeated. Repetition, repetition, repetition... not only on plays, but, making the right play at the right time and doing it right is paramount. Good coaching and good playmaking go hand in hand! Winning is what it's all about! If you're not in it to win, and, win championships ... you're in the wrong business!
>:)

#49700 Jun 15, 2013
Chosen Traveler the Topix Troll wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: My employer at the corner Taco stand got wise to me eating up the profits and I got my ahss fired again... Burp
> Hey, Taco... Coach Artie thought you said you wouldn't be back until football season started? Oh, USC isn't going to be a contender in the Pac-12, or Pop Warner League this year, so you wanted to start early with your Trajon propaganda! Be careful now, and don't paint yourself into a corner of your garage apartment like you did last CFB season ... ya hear!? Talk about making yourself the Village Idiot ... Classic, CT!!! Anyway, here's Coach Artie's Question of the Day: Did you have to hitch-hike back to L.A. from the Drug Cartel Bowl in El Paso, or, did you ride back on the 20-Mule Team?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#49701 Jun 15, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
My late husband was a huge Gator fan. We go back to the Charlie Pell days. He became a good friend with our family. He to was a great Gator coach.
Strong will go far. He needs to get his APR up. Bottom five is not good.
Charlie played at Alabama for the Bear

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#49703 Jun 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Charlie played at Alabama for the Bear
Yup! He was a good ole boy! But a fantastic man. Loved him. Always invited my boy to games after my husband died.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#49704 Jun 15, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Hey, Taco... Coach Artie thought you said you wouldn't be back until football season started? Oh, USC isn't going to be a contender in the Pac-12, or Pop Warner League this year, so you wanted to start early with your Trajon propaganda! Be careful now, and don't paint yourself into a corner of your garage apartment like you did last CFB season ... ya hear!? Talk about making yourself the Village Idiot ... Classic, CT!!! Anyway, here's Coach Artie's Question of the Day: Did you have to hitch-hike back to L.A. from the Drug Cartel Bowl in El Paso, or, did you ride back on the 20-Mule Team?
Wanna make it interesting? How many wins for SC this season?
Rodney King

Sulphur, LA

#49705 Jun 15, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna make it interesting? How many wins for SC this season?
> Not too many!
>;)

#49706 Jun 15, 2013
Rodney King wrote:
<quoted text> Not too many!
> Good pick, Rodney, you're a lot smarter than that USC Trajon Rio reject!

#49707 Jun 15, 2013
> Hey, College Football Fans ... won't be long now!

Location hidden

#49708 Jun 15, 2013
The BIG 10

#49709 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar of Delusions wrote:
The BIG 10
> The Magnificent One sees a "Red Flag" here! Pun intended!

The Big Ten... what? Is weak and overrated in college football? Well, that's true!
No Iron Curtin/Sea of Delusions propaganda in that statement!

The preceding CFB info provided commercial free by yours truly, the American Capitalist & Universal Wonder ... Professor Artie, Your beloved, Emir of Enlightenment.

Location hidden

#49710 Jun 16, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The Magnificent One sees a "Red Flag" here! Pun intended!

The Big Ten... what? Is weak and overrated in college football? Well, that's true!
No Iron Curtin/Sea of Delusions propaganda in that statement!

The preceding CFB info provided commercial free by yours truly, the American Capitalist & Universal Wonder ... Professor Artie, Your beloved, Emir of Enlightenment.
In Russia our Big 10 can walk on Lego's bare footed.

#49711 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar of Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
In Russia our Big 10 can walk on Lego's bare footed.
> And, and, and... sail your Lego canoe on the Sea of Delusions with a red Lego sail! Remarkable!!!
Now, stand at attention, because this is for you, Mr. Tzar...

Location hidden

#49712 Jun 16, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> And, and, and... sail your Lego canoe on the Sea of Delusions with a red Lego sail! Remarkable!!!
Now, stand at attention, because this is for you, Mr. Tzar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A71wdsTqkfMXX
That's was pretty good thank you.

In Russia we use don't sail. We use power boats.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#49713 Jun 16, 2013
Happy Father's Day to all of you who are Dad's and even Uncles, brothers and cousins for making a difference in a kids life.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49714 Jun 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie sees why you are between coaching jobs. You're too easy! You have to push your boys to the limit, be mentally abusive, and physically "hard". But, you must be firm about it. Poke them to death, you have to! You have to plant deep into a player's behind, a seven inch meal for their fanny, if you will, and it must be repeated. Repetition, repetition, repetition... not only on playing off the child's weakness, but, making the right play at the right time and doing it deep and hard is paramount. Good coaching and good man-making go peniss in hand! Orgasming is what it's all about! If you're not in it to cumm, and make a boy into a man,... you're in the wrong business!
I little crude of you even for this format, but I do like the way YOU Coach...Dico ;)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49715 Jun 17, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> And, and, and... sail your Leg canoe into my Sea of Desire with a big middle Leg sail! Remarkable!!!
Or, just stand at attention, because I'm on my knees for you, Mr. Tzar...

Coach Dico, you are really getting down and nasty tonight ;)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49717 Jun 17, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite an assumption you are making, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I understand this free forum platform for you to approve or disapprove of any commentary I may put forth.
Thank you for your time.
You coached high school? Judging by your post I can see why it says "coached high school and not coach high school". Ok I think you might have been a volunteer or something but that is about it. Let's not play pretend coach like Art Deco does. It is ok for him to do it because it is kind like nicknaming a fat guy slim. He us far from it.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49718 Jun 17, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: Your employer got wise and you got your ahss fired again... HaHa
It's a delusion why respond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Not who you think 34,846
News Tennessee Recruiting: Cade Mays and Adrian Mart... Nov 14 ThisPhartss 2
News No. 10 Ohio State bounces back to beat No. 13 M... Nov 11 ForPhartzs 2
News Washington State addressing kickoff coverage af... Nov 9 Is Phartts 2
News Notre Dame Avoids The Trap On A Weird Day In Co... Nov 5 IfPhart 2
News Clean slate: Browns' Gordon reinstated by NFL o... Nov 2 Getting Farts 2
News Millard eager for rematch with Bucs (Oct '10) Oct 27 IsPhartz 3
More from around the web