The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,302

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#49669 Jun 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie is a loyal Coach. He could have bailed and gone to Tennessee. But he has a new stadium, support of the Card Nation, and got a huge pay raise.
I think it was the Gators loss and Louisville's gain. But I've lays been a fan of Charlie Strong. He will be in the NFL in the next 7 or 8 years.
There are problems in Tennessee, they have been operating in the red for about 3 years. Major budget issues.
fightfan aka latina lover

Cleveland, OH

#49670 Jun 13, 2013
How does Art Deco remove a condom.......

He farts.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Hemet, CA

#49671 Jun 13, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are problems in Tennessee, they have been operating in the red for about 3 years. Major budget issues.
A good Coach can change that!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49672 Jun 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! DECO MAN! Im afraid DV died.. I miss that rascal
> Too bad for that low-life, drifty heathen. Here's the sad story of what happened to Dead Valley. There was these two $#!+ eatin' dogs on a dirt road in the cotton fields of Mississippi ... one was chasing BigDan, and the other was chasing DV. Coach Artie was able to run over the $#!+ eatin' dog that was chasing BigDan, but, unfortunately for DV that other $#!+ eatin' dog got him before The Coach could run it over. Say&#333;nara, DV!!!
>º/

#49673 Jun 13, 2013
*Sayonara DV!!!

#49674 Jun 13, 2013
BigDumb the Grand Foobar of Notre Dame Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a delusional troll. I makes bombastic statements and then become the topix punching bag. I'm also the village idiot. Most of Topix just roll their eyes when I post. If I could be like Coach Artie and have some pertinent info to share with other college football fans I might be of some use to the Topix community. I don't have any insight and people can rarely understand my idiotic post. I also go by the name Hugh Jazzcock on here and a few other profiles like Pee Pee Pete. You will also notice that my posts on most occasions are homoerotic, but I'm not sure if I should come out of the closet because I'm so shy and timmid.
> Isn't it amazing how the truth always triumphs over frivolous propaganda? Yep!!!
>:)

#49675 Jun 13, 2013
fightfan aka dumb ass wrote:
How does Art Deco remove my nose from his ass.......
He farts.
> One time isn't enough I guess!
>:D

#49676 Jun 13, 2013
> Where's Matt from Columbus? Is he back in the Crossbar Hotel?
>:/

#49677 Jun 13, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the offer, but at this stage of my career, I am looking for a head coaching position. And you can believe me my resume is ready at a moment's notice.
So are you coaching now Coach Artie, or is that strictly an online passion? I am currently between coaching employment myself, so if that is your case I can relate.
> The Coach... that would be moi, has found it necessary to step back from the coaching profession at this time, basically, to be online to break up the thick fog of misinformation and bull$#!+ that is being spread by humorless, unknowledgeable scoundrels, carpetbaggers, and scallywags. The College Football World is currently being inundated with unabridged intellectually challenged morons. Twits, who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, who are spreading hate, and jealousy, and, have absolutely no info, facts, truths, knowledge, or, wisdom of anything pertinent to College Football, or life on Earth. This new age sub-standard pack of heathens, are trying to force their shenanigans, foolishness, uneducated mentality on the CFB hungry fans looking for college football knowledge. It is a true threat to good people who are seeking knowledge, truth, wisdom, and the American Way. You seem to be educated, and well versed in communicating info to the lost in the wilderness, dazed and confused trolls, who don't know their @ss from a hole in the ground. Maybe you should stick around for awhile and help fight the good fight in the war on trolldom. Coach Artie wishes you the best in your continuing coaching career. Have a nice day now ... ya hear!?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#49678 Jun 13, 2013
fightfan aka latina lover wrote:
He farts.
Oh my, I should not laugh (hee hee) at this because Coach Artie is friend of mine (whether he chooses to say so or not), but that is a rather nasty statement. Nasty but FUNNY ;)

Go Bruins, Go Topix, Go Fightfan for lightening the off season mood!

West Hollywood, CA

#49679 Jun 13, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> One time isn't enough I guess!
>:D
Are we talking about a repeat performance here Coach Dico ;)

If I can't "make it" back there, maybe Mister Clown can "fill in"

Go Bruins, Go Coaching Repeats!

West Hollywood, CA

#49680 Jun 13, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The Coach... I don't know their @ss from a hole in the ground. >:)
Come now Coach, you never had that problem distinguishing the two before ;)

But whatever floats your boat and if it gets you to "that" place, right Coach ;)

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#49681 Jun 13, 2013
fightfan aka latina lover wrote:
He farts.
Is that how you do it?

West Hollywood, CA

#49682 Jun 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you do it?
Oh my Miss Wolfie, did you have one stuck for months too like I did ;)

Go Bruins, Go PP, Go Wolfie! Here's to we Divas eating more beans next time!
sec better the best

Dothan, AL

#49683 Jun 13, 2013
well guess the irish found that out last year whos the best. hope all you irish people only lose one game maybe the tide could beat you 2 in a row and then we will win back to back to back championship yell then that would be 4 out of 5 years the tide would be the best. hope yall can win we sure would love to beat yall again but not 42 to 14 maybe more like 60 to 13 roll tide champions forever 15 championship now and waiting for number16 real soon

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#49684 Jun 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie is a loyal Coach. He could have bailed and gone to Tennessee. But he has a new stadium, support of the Card Nation, and got a huge pay raise.
I think it was the Gators loss and Louisville's gain. But I've lays been a fan of Charlie Strong. He will be in the NFL in the next 7 or 8 years.
While I cannot concur or dissuade your theory on Tennessee, it does appear as if the Louisville program is one the right track of progression, and I would like to think Coach Strong had a (pardon the witticism)‘strong’ hand in that.

One of the major inhibitors of sustained success in any program though is maintaining a level of excellence, because along with achievement comes the adulation for all the pieces of the puzzle, and those pieces (such as thriving coaches and assistants) becomes very desirable for other programs, especially struggling ones.

With that said, if Coach Strong continues with a favorable tenure while running the Louisville curriculum, I would not be surprised at all if the NFL comes calling on him within the next few years.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

#49685 Jun 13, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The Coach... that would be moi, has found it necessary to step back from the coaching profession at this time, basically, to be online to break up the thick fog of misinformation and bull$#!+ that is being spread by humorless, unknowledgeable scoundrels, carpetbaggers, and scallywags. The College Football World is currently being inundated with unabridged intellectually challenged morons. Twits, who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, who are spreading hate, and jealousy, and, have absolutely no info, facts, truths, knowledge, or, wisdom of anything pertinent to College Football, or life on Earth. This new age sub-standard pack of heathens, are trying to force their shenanigans, foolishness, uneducated mentality on the CFB hungry fans looking for college football knowledge. It is a true threat to good people who are seeking knowledge, truth, wisdom, and the American Way. You seem to be educated, and well versed in communicating info to the lost in the wilderness, dazed and confused trolls, who don't know their @ss from a hole in the ground. Maybe you should stick around for awhile and help fight the good fight in the war on trolldom. Coach Artie wishes you the best in your continuing coaching career. Have a nice day now ... ya hear!?
I agree wholeheartedly that there is much misinformation (both unintentional and deliberate) streaming through online commentary. While I can’t say I would go so far to label any individuals with some of the metaphors you describe, my attempt is to prefer subject matter based on general knowledge as opposed to speculation or conjecture.

As a fellow coach, you know that while we try to push the envelope to propel our athletes to perform at the level we think they are capable of, we also must come to realize that there are margins on the limits we can expect these individuals will attain. This can also be reflected beyond the coach-to-athlete realm and into the regimen of daily life.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

#49686 Jun 13, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a delusional troll. He makes bombastic statements and then becomes the topix punching bag. Most of us just roll our eyes when he post now. Never any insight and rarely understandable are his post. He also go by the name Death Valley on here and a few other profiles. You will also notice that his post on occasion are homoerotic, not sure for his reason.
While I thank you for the input, as a coach I do like to evaluate individual subject matter based on my own analysis exacting both content and its sum.

Usually condescending behavior appears moderately unconcealed or eventually manifests its ugly head within the body of the information being communicated. Commonly exposed, we usually ‘bench’ those players.

West Hollywood, CA

#49687 Jun 13, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>While I thank you for the huge input, as a coach I do like to evaluate individual puberty changes based on my own analysis, extracting semen and its fun.

My usual condescending behavior appears moderately concealed until my jonesie eventually manifests its ugly head within the body of the unsuspecting suspect. I commonly expose myself, usually to ‘bench’ players who will do anything to start.
Oh Coach, are all of you the same :/

Your game plan sounds exactly like what Coach Art Dico Man has for all his kids ;)

“Long Season Ahead”

Hemet, CA

#49688 Jun 13, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>While I cannot concur or dissuade your theory on Tennessee, it does appear as if the Louisville program is one the right track of progression, and I would like to think Coach Strong had a (pardon the witticism)‘strong’ hand in that.

One of the major inhibitors of sustained success in any program though is maintaining a level of excellence, because along with achievement comes the adulation for all the pieces of the puzzle, and those pieces (such as thriving coaches and assistants) becomes very desirable for other programs, especially struggling ones.

With that said, if Coach Strong continues with a favorable tenure while running the Louisville curriculum, I would not be surprised at all if the NFL comes calling on him within the next few years.
My late husband was a huge Gator fan. We go back to the Charlie Pell days. He became a good friend with our family. He to was a great Gator coach.

Strong will go far. He needs to get his APR up. Bottom five is not good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 45 min Go Blue Forever 1,483
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Brew In 28,402
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
Murray sets new NFL rushing record Dec 17 Da Squirts 18
UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... Dec 16 Madd Dogg 1
K-State's Liu marches to his own beat (Aug '07) Dec 15 Fuckboy 69 3
More from around the web