The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ArmchairGM

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Comments (Page 2,393)

Showing posts 47,841 - 47,860 of49,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

BigDumb the Grand Foobar of ND Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I can't afford something as tasty as crawfish so I will concede that battle to you sadly. I'm poor broke and hungry so that can't be fought so there is nothing that I can best you in. By the way i'm having ice tea and onions for lunch. In my mind I know for a fact you have done incredible things. But me and my live-in lover Pee Pee Pete, are quite delusional so it really doesn't matter. Wish me a nice day and i'll try again. Oh wait a minute, I'll will have to stand firm with my winning The Great Mississippi Piney Woods Chitterlings Eating Contest. Coach Artie you can't be the champ of everything. See i'm good at something after all.
> Okay, champ ... Coach Artie concedes The Great Mississippi Piney Woods Chitterlings Eating Contest to you! Congratulations!!!
>:)

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Okay, champ ... Coach Artie concedes The Great Mississippi Piney Woods Chitterlings Eating Contest to you! Congratulations!!!
Oh but Coach Dico, both Mister Clown and I personally know what eating contest you are the champ of ;)

How about a repeat performance for us, Clown will "pull it out" and I will dress up in my Joe Bruin mascot costume again (upper half only). You concede to no one in this field Coach ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers! Go Coach Artie and his growl!

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Geesh! The SEC not only beats the big-10 to a pulp in football, but also their whiney, delusional fans. What a bunch of crybabies!
>:/
Aside from your rambunctious vernacular, yes you are correct that the SEC has the edge against the Big Ten. The all time record between conferences is 77-53-2 in favor of the SEC.

Furthermore, in head-to-head bowl games, the SEC has a 42-25 advantage and are 5-3 against the Big Ten in the most recent matchups spanning the last two years.

You also have to go back to the 1970's for the last time that the Big Ten had the advantage for the decade in head-to-head games.

From Coach Orwin's perspective, the statistics show the edge to the SEC.

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Okay, champ ... Coach Artie concedes The Great Mississippi Piney Woods Chitterlings Eating Contest to you! Congratulations!!!
Wish they had an icon for hysterical!

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Aside from your rambunctious vernacular, yes you are correct that the SEC has the edge against the Big Ten. The all time record between conferences is 77-53-2 in favor of the SEC.
Furthermore, in head-to-head bowl games, the SEC has a 42-25 advantage and are 5-3 against the Big Ten in the most recent matchups spanning the last two years.
You also have to go back to the 1970's for the last time that the Big Ten had the advantage for the decade in head-to-head games.
Wow two Coaches on one thread. If it wasn't for you agreeing with Coach Art Dico Man, he might not like you :)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
I already beat you to the punch, as always. You must be punch drunk. I am however flattered that your responses are always mimicking mine. I wish you could come up with your own stuff that is witty and factual but we all know that is impossible. Just curious has an LSU player molested any children this week?

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious has an LSU player molested any children this week?
BIG Danny, please keep me informed if you hear any other news like this. For that matter, from any athletic program :)

Go Bruins, we especially like to keep current on these matters!

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Wow two Coaches on one thread. If it wasn't for you agreeing with Coach Art Dico Man, he might not like you :)
Keep in mind that there are multiple coaches within every organization or team, and most coaches will embrace the input from fellow colleagues. That is the structural foundation for stability and improvement.

Being a valuable assistant coach is one that is ready to step in and lead the squad at a moment’s notice if need be. There must always be cohesion amongst each other to achieve success.

“Long Season Ahead”

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind that there are multiple coaches within every organization or team, and most coaches will embrace the input from fellow colleagues. That is the structural foundation for stability and improvement.

Being a valuable assistant coach is one that is ready to step in and lead the squad at a momentÂ’s notice if need be. There must always be cohesion amongst each other to achieve success.
Like Charlie Strong did for Florida.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Aside from your rambunctious vernacular, yes you are correct that the SEC has the edge against the Big Ten. The all time record between conferences is 77-53-2 in favor of the SEC.
> Broadway Joe ... is that you?
>:|

“Long Season Ahead”

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Broadway Joe ... is that you?
LOL!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

BigDumb the Grand Foobar of ND Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>I already beat myself to a pulp, as i always do. I should have learned long ago not to look at myself in the mirror. What a horror show! I'm definitely punch drunk continuously being punched out by you Coach Artie. I am however not flattered that your responses are putting me in my rightful place, barefooted ignorant uneducated and moronic in the middle of the cotton fields. Did i tell you it's hell living in the sticks in Mississippi? Well it is! I wish I could come up with some of my own stuff that might be witty and factual but we all know that is impossible. I'm a hateful ole alcoholic cuss with absolutely no sense of humor but I do love to burn white wooden crosses in the piney woods out back. Are you curious about any new Notre Dame player or student breaking the law or cheating to get a degree? I really can't tell you right now if any priest at ND has molested anyone today as I haven't received my copy of the South Bend Newspaper in the mail yet. But i'm sure the odds are excellent that it's likely. Not fun being a Notre Dame fan with all the scandals going on at the South Bend campus. Not fun at all. Coach, can i be an LSU fan?
> Yes, Daniel ... you can become an LSU fan! But, first you have to go out into the piney woods behind your trailer on Boll Weevel Boulevard and burn your cross... uh, I mean your piss gold and bird$#!+ green ND memorabilia. Remember, it's much better being an intelligent @ss Kickin' Bayou Bengal Cajun, than a weak minded Frightened Iwish Cotton Field Twinkie. Now, have yourself a nice day ... ya hear!?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind that there are multiple coaches within every organization or team, and most coaches will embrace the input from fellow colleagues. That is the structural foundation for stability and improvement.
Being a valuable assistant coach is one that is ready to step in and lead the squad at a moment’s notice if need be. There must always be cohesion amongst each other to achieve success.
> Good food for thought, Coach Orwin! If Coach Artie ever needs an assistant, which is highly unlikely ... he'll keep you in mind. Please have your résumé up to date ... ya hear!?

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
Remember back when he wore the panty hose? So cavalier for the day I must say ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers, Go Joe for opening doors for the rest of us that like the feel of panty hose, right Coach Artie!

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
Thanks for all that Coach Orwie :)

Any chance you could come talk to our Bruin basketball team ;)

Go Bruins basketball! But I think we need more than coaching here!

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Charlie Strong did for Florida.
Actually yes, it was nice to see Charlie Strong get the head coaching opportunity at Louisville.

Strong made a definite impact as defensive coordinator for the Florida Gators in 2004 despite losing his interim head coaching debut in the Peach Bowl of that year.

That season was very tremulous, which also saw the firing of their head coach Ron Zook. Strong I believe was the only assistant that was actually retained by incoming Coach Urban Meyer.

There was some speculation that Strong was passed over for Meyer based on his ethnicity, etc but as a coach I would rather not address that angle.

When all the proper channels and systems are in place, success should be obtainable amongst the ranks of the supporting cast, such as when West Coast offense innovator Bill Walsh decided to take a break from coaching and they plugged in defensive coordinator George Seifert without missing a beat and the San Francisco 49ers immediately won another Super Bowl.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Good food for thought, Coach Orwin! If Coach Artie ever needs an assistant, which is highly unlikely ... he'll keep you in mind. Please have your résumé up to date ... ya hear!?
Thanks for the offer, but at this stage of my career, I am looking for a head coaching position. And you can believe me my resume is ready at a moment's notice.

So are you coaching now Coach Artie, or is that strictly an online passion? I am currently between coaching employment myself, so if that is your case I can relate.

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for all that Coach Orwie :)
Any chance you could come talk to our Bruin basketball team ;)
Go Bruins basketball! But I think we need more than coaching here!
Thanks for the olive branch. I am not aware of the assistant choices from incoming Coach Steve Alford or if those decisions are still unresolved, but I can be available to speak to both staff and student athletes if allowable.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

ART DECO MAN wrote:
LMAO! DECO MAN! Im afraid DV died.. I miss that rascal

“Long Season Ahead”

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Actually yes, it was nice to see Charlie Strong get the head coaching opportunity at Louisville.
Strong made a definite impact as defensive coordinator for the Florida Gators in 2004 despite losing his interim head coaching debut in the Peach Bowl of that year.
That season was very tremulous, which also saw the firing of their head coach Ron Zook. Strong I believe was the only assistant that was actually retained by incoming Coach Urban Meyer.
There was some speculation that Strong was passed over for Meyer based on his ethnicity, etc but as a coach I would rather not address that angle.
When all the proper channels and systems are in place, success should be obtainable amongst the ranks of the supporting cast, such as when West Coast offense innovator Bill Walsh decided to take a break from coaching and they plugged in defensive coordinator George Seifert without missing a beat and the San Francisco 49ers immediately won another Super Bowl.
Charlie is a loyal Coach. He could have bailed and gone to Tennessee. But he has a new stadium, support of the Card Nation, and got a huge pay raise.

I think it was the Gators loss and Louisville's gain. But I've lays been a fan of Charlie Strong. He will be in the NFL in the next 7 or 8 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,841 - 47,860 of49,264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••