The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49309 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“Women Love me, even yours”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#49320 Apr 29, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, maybe 1 safety will be able to manage his career? C'mon, Hugh!:-) We are talking about football players here. They didn't go to college or get recruited for their academic prowess.
I know but there is a minimum standard and these kids can't even meet that. The NCAA academic standard were agreed to by all member institutions but one conference is by far the most guilty of circumventing or all out ignoring them. Everyone else is playing by a different set of rules. Sure there is some cheating here and there but not to the same level.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#49321 Apr 29, 2013
Hugh likescock wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull it our of what? Little boys? Goats?
I see you like little boys and goats! DECO MAN told me to watch you O-O

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#49322 Apr 29, 2013
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull it our of what? Little boys? Goats?
and give you a big ol lick

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49323 Apr 29, 2013
Hugh Jazzcock aka BigDumb wrote:
<quoted text>
ND just had 4 defensive guys drafted. Check out the 'majors' of the 2012 starting ND 'D'
S - ND First Aid for injuries suffered playing SEC football teams
CB- ND Shadow Boxing (for trying to cover your own shadow)
LB- ND Fantasy Football & ND Fantasy On-line Romances with Blow-up dolls.
DL- Fictional writing (fictional excuses for piss poor play against the SEC
Combine that with an army of overpaid white collar tutors doing the work, no fail jock courses, grade changing, unsupervised on line classes and Notre Dame would and could be able to graduate a pineapple picker...if it could run a 40 yds dash real fast (faster than 4.8) or bench press a bushel of cocoanuts. Grad rates at ND's overrated place have almost zero to do with academic integrity ad to it that almost all of these ND players end up with a white collar criminal record. That is who represents us! Thank you Rudy!
> All the more reason to become an SEC football fan! Seven BCS NC's in a row! College football at it's best! FACT!!!
>:)

#49324 Apr 29, 2013
Hugh Jazzcock aka BigDumb aka ND Squeaky Clean wrote:
<quoted text>
I know but there is a minimum standard and these kids can't even meet that. The NCAA academic standard were agreed to by all member institutions but one conference is by far the most guilty of circumventing or all out ignoring them. Everyone else is playing by a different set of rules. Sure there is some cheating here and there but not to the same level.
> So, according to you... Notre Dame's well known, on and off campus criminal activity should be ignored because your criminals wear coat and tie, and are considered clean cut, white collar criminals, right? LMAO!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#49329 May 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>BAMA in the WEST! cuz NICK LOVES TO PULL IT OUT!
Bama is going down, clown. Even lil Nicky can't win em all!

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#49330 May 1, 2013
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
Football players grad rate is lower than "all students" most everywhere. Anything above 60% is knocking fire regardless of conference. Colleges like Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, and Vandy are unusual exceptions imo.
Most everyone else, 100+ colleges (est), are par for the course.

#49331 May 1, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Bama is going down, clown. Even lil Nicky can't win em all!
> Ole $lick is too lucky! The boy stood out by his statue and applauded all night, when he found out most of LSU's returning defense was leaving school early for the NFL. It still won't be a cakewalk for Bama though! Texas A&M, South Carolina, Florida, even LSU and Georgia, with all their losses on defense will still be formidable SEC football teams. And, there's usually one team that flies under the radar every year that seems to sneak into play as an SEC contender. Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, maybe? Typical SEC yearly gridiron battleground!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#49332 May 2, 2013
I see that Fart Deco is still around, refusing to make sense as usual.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#49333 May 2, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Ole $lick is too lucky! The boy stood out by his statue and applauded all night, when he found out most of LSU's returning defense was leaving school early for the NFL. It still won't be a cakewalk for Bama though! Texas A&M, South Carolina, Florida, even LSU and Georgia, with all their losses on defense will still be formidable SEC football teams. And, there's usually one team that flies under the radar every year that seems to sneak into play as an SEC contender. Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, maybe? Typical SEC yearly gridiron battleground!
How many players arrested this week at LSU? I probably should say today since a week would require you to have to take your shoes off to count that high.
How ya been? The season is getting closer.

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#49334 May 2, 2013
BigDan wrote:
I see that Fart Deco is still around, refusing to make sense as usual.
Big Dan, tough loss for ND. At least they are back in the mix! How have you been?

WDE

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#49335 May 2, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Ole $lick is too lucky! The boy stood out by his statue and applauded all night, when he found out most of LSU's returning defense was leaving school early for the NFL. It still won't be a cakewalk for Bama though! Texas A&M, South Carolina, Florida, even LSU and Georgia, with all their losses on defense will still be formidable SEC football teams. And, there's usually one team that flies under the radar every year that seems to sneak into play as an SEC contender. Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, maybe? Typical SEC yearly gridiron battleground!
.723 Thats my teams winning % from 2000-2010. I know we have been down, way down for the last two years, but please don't throw us in there with Vandy and Ole Miss! LOL

You are right though, the comp will be great this upcoming season! The Mississippi schools should be up as well as Vandy and Arkie has enough to be spoiler for anyone. I think the power struggle in the East will be interesting though. SC, UGA, and Gaytors will be very interesting IMHO.

BTW Bama goes down. I have seen it in the fires.

#49337 May 3, 2013
BigDumb wrote:
I see that Coach Deco is still around, refusing to stop slamming me for Notre Dames pathetic play in the BCS national championship game.
> You got that right dimwit! You still have that Miami mud taste in your big mouth? Of course you do! What a joke, ND being in the BCS NC game! That BCS NC game did beat out all the other sitcoms on TV that night as the funniest. It was like watching the neighborhood sandlot team going up against the SEC champs. Coach Artie knows the sandlot team would have made at least a couple of tackles, something the Jurassic era slugs from the cow pastures of Indiana had no clue of.

#49338 May 3, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
How many players arrested this week at LSU? I probably should say today since a week would require you to have to take your shoes off to count that high.
How ya been? The season is getting closer.
> Probably as many as ND players arrested in South Bend, or somewhere out there in the corporate world. Well, at least LSU has real football players. I don't know what you call those dirt eating, blowup doll loving slugs at Notre Dame? On-line stalkers? Dinosaurs maybe! LMAO!!! Yep, CFB will be here before you know it!

#49339 May 3, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>.723 Thats my teams winning % from 2000-2010. I know we have been down, way down for the last two years, but please don't throw us in there with Vandy and Ole Miss! LOL
You are right though, the comp will be great this upcoming season! The Mississippi schools should be up as well as Vandy and Arkie has enough to be spoiler for anyone. I think the power struggle in the East will be interesting though. SC, UGA, and Gaytors will be very interesting IMHO.
BTW Bama goes down. I have seen it in the fires.
> Coach Artie doesn't see Bama as automatic SEC champ this coming year. Of course The Coach doesn't see LSU winning it! Damn... wish we had all those early NFL declarers coming back. Coach Artie would then have to say the Bayou Bengals are true SEC contenders, maybe even front runners. Those defensive boys got tired of "Less Brains - More Dreary" Miles pulling the rug out from under them, and throwing the team under the bus. FACT!!!
>:(

“WAR EAGLE”

Location hidden

#49340 May 3, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie doesn't see Bama as automatic SEC champ this coming year. Of course The Coach doesn't see LSU winning it! Damn... wish we had all those early NFL declarers coming back. Coach Artie would then have to say the Bayou Bengals are true SEC contenders, maybe even front runners. Those defensive boys got tired of "Less Brains - More Dreary" Miles pulling the rug out from under them, and throwing the team under the bus. FACT!!!
>:(
Wow. Artie, Crazy Miles just played in a NC game recently and he has raised the Crystal Ball! I would understand if he went from on top to rapid decline like Chiz, but Miles has been very consistent. I am just curious as to why all the LSU fans I talk with are constantly downing Miles??? I mean, he wins ALOT of games, ole boy. I know he has made some weird calls and questionable decisions, but Miles has proven that he is a winning coach. How many years has he been at LSU?

Confused,
E3

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#49342 May 3, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> *- i do have one major gripe with the good, knowledgeable people of Dixie. but i just dont want to admit that hands down, So Cal has the most and best criminals and street gangs in the country
Why do The In Crowd think Hollywood was built where it was, because this is where the majority of idiots criminals and illegal aliens live... HaHa
Yes... Artie the All-Seeing Eye
Heres a good one for you FARTIE and all your unfounded and jealous stereotypes of California

http://money.msn.com/now/the-25-most-dangerou...

Sorry to again disappoint your rhetoric, but not even one city in California on that list of most dangerous neighborhoods. You continue to look like an All-Seeing Fool of the Uneducated... HaHa

#49344 May 5, 2013
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Artie, Crazy Miles just played in a NC game recently and he has raised the Crystal Ball! I would understand if he went from on top to rapid decline like Chiz, but Miles has been very consistent. I am just curious as to why all the LSU fans I talk with are constantly downing Miles??? I mean, he wins ALOT of games, ole boy. I know he has made some weird calls and questionable decisions, but Miles has proven that he is a winning coach. How many years has he been at LSU?
Confused,
E3
> "Less Brains - More Dreary" Miles might be a good recruiter, and organizer... but, the poor boy is lacking for gray matter, and, most of all ... common sense. His decision making process has deteriorated to pathetic, from his early years at LSU. The main reason the majority of LSU fans are bad-mouthing Miles, is because he pulled Jarrett Lee (who was 8-0 as the starting QB for the Bayou Bengals) for the classless thug, Jordan Jefferson. Add to that, Miles throwing the LSU team, school, fans, and the state of Louisiana under the bus during LSU's last BCS NC game. A total embarrassment of coaching put on display for the entire nation. I tell ya, Eagle ... the brainless, dazed and confused, twit was darn lucky he wasn't tarred and feathered and run out of Baton Rouge on a rail after that pathetic display of coaching, or, I should say, lack of coaching! LSU fans have pretty much lost confidence in Miles. He seems to be more interested in his TV appearances on ESPN rather than looking after what's best for LSU football. How long has Miles been at LSU you ask? Answer: TOO LONG! If by some strange shift in the alignment of stars in the Milky Way, Miles might get back into the good graces of LSU fans. That means in essence, he will have to immediately keep his cocoanut head out of the offensive playmaking decisions. DC, John Chavis won't let Miles make any decisions with the defense, so, we're safe there. All kidding aside, Eagle... Miles needs to up his game if he wants to remain as LSU's head football coach.
>:/

#49345 May 5, 2013
Chosen Traveler THE Troll wrote:
<quoted text>Heres a good one for you ARTIE and all your unfounded and jealous stereotypes of California
http://money.msn.com/now/the-25-most-dangerou...
Sorry to again disappoint your rhetoric, but not even one city in California on that list of most dangerous neighborhoods. You continue to look like an All-Seeing Fool of the Uneducated... HaHa
> Too funny!!! Money.msn surely left the Trajon Ghetto, and other street gang occupied barrios out of the Los Angeles survey. Yeah, it's safe as hell walking through the street gang populated barrios of L.A.! LMAO!!! Nice try, Poncho!
>:D

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Keaau, HI

#49347 May 5, 2013
Wow just the same BS here. LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News WSU football recruiting: Tyquez Hampton picks C... Jun 12 huey goins 2
News Hugh Freeze Calls For Change to Mississippi Sta... (Jul '15) Jun 9 Concerned oxfordian 5
News D1Baseball: Birdball Locked Into Field May 31 Jane Ann 1
News Antonio Callaway isn't enrolled at Florida, acc... May 31 Jane Ann 1
News Bulldogs take fight-filled opener (Jul '09) May 31 Burlington Stampe... 3
More from around the web