The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49305 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

fightfan

Columbus, OH

#49046 Mar 23, 2013
Florida and Ohiostate ahead in the two sport category. How's come no one worships Donovan like coach K. Donavan has two NCAA titles. I like college basketball because there is always a true champion unlike college football. Thank god the playoff in CFB is coming.
fightfan

Columbus, OH

#49047 Mar 23, 2013
Hey Matt! You ready for white death tomorrow? They just upped the snow prognosticated accumulation totals. Memories of the 24" we got in March 08.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#49048 Mar 23, 2013
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>OH YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, YOUR UNIVERSITY IS NOT LIKE FLORDIA. YOU ARE NOT GOOD IN BOTH SPORTs
> Were you born an idiot, or, are you a self educated moron? Inquiring minds want to know! The Bayou Bengals are good in football, and, we didn't get embarrassed and thumped on national TV by that mighty Big-East college football juggernaut, LOUISVILLE! LMAO!!!
>:)

#49049 Mar 23, 2013
fightfan wrote:
Hey Matt! You ready for white death tomorrow? They just upped the snow prognosticated accumulation totals. Memories of the 24" we got in March 08.
> Coach Artie just got back from a morning ride on the Gray Ghost (the Harley). 82 yesterday, and more of the same today. Everything is blooming ... azaleas, pear trees, dog woods, wisteria, red buds. Well, not quite everything, as the jasmine, magnolias, and camellias aren't in bloom yet, but it won't be long before that happens, and the entire city of Lake Charles will be a fragrance of sweetness. Yours truly is out by the pool now, watching the palm trees sway in the warm Gulf breeze. Ahh, it's nice to be in DIXIE! The Coach will be in shorts, tank-top, and flip-flops for the LSU spring game on Saturday, April 20th in the Cathedral of College Football. YEEEEHAAAA!!!

#49050 Mar 23, 2013
fightfan wrote:
<quoted text>I bet. The only way you guys ever have a shot is to have old Shaq take off his icy hot patches and old pistol Pete needs dug up and dusted off.
> LSU has never claimed to be a basketbrawl school, but, the Bayou Bengals have been in four NCAA final-fours, and had the all-time leading college scorer in Pistol Pete Marovich who averaged 44 points a game. We Tiger fans care about football!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#49051 Mar 23, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> LSU has never claimed to be a basketbrawl school, but, the Bayou Bengals have been in four NCAA final-fours, and had the all-time leading college scorer in Pistol Pete Marovich who averaged 44 points a game. We Tiger fans care about football!
They just don't get it DECO MAN, The SEC is all about football...

#49052 Mar 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>They just don't get it DECO MAN, The SEC is all about football...
> You got it Clown! FOOTBALL IT IS!!! Thank God! You'll have to excuse Artie the Anointed, as he is in a battle with the forces of darkness...
a pack of atheist losers on another thread...

GLORY, GLORY, HALLELUJAH...
HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#49053 Mar 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I agree Clown its all about football and the people from the south get it but the other conferences don't stand behind each other like the SEC!!

Location hidden

#49054 Mar 23, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> You got it Clown! FOOTBALL IT IS!!! Thank God! You'll have to excuse Artie the Anointed, as he is in a battle with the forces of darkness...
a pack of atheist losers on another thread...
HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON!
I thought you was fixing to sing the Georgia Bulldogs fight song for a minute lol Mithra was a sun god not the son of god them guys are lost as ducks in a desert.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#49056 Mar 23, 2013
Why would I stand behind the other teams in my conference. Sure, i'll root for em, but could care less if they lose. I'm a Buckeye fan, the B1G Ten just happens to be our conference.
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Clown its all about football and the people from the south get it but the other conferences don't stand behind each other like the SEC!!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#49057 Mar 23, 2013
Ugh, I don't need any more snow to deal with.
fightfan wrote:
fightfan

Columbus, OH

#49058 Mar 24, 2013
Is there not enough 6'5"- 7' athletic kids down there. I know Florida's championship teams where made up of mostly northern kids from the east coast. Alabama has a pretty solid squad it seems year in and out. I would really like to see them make it to the sweet 16 when they get in while the football is still hot. Its always cool to see great two big sport teams at one school. I love march madness. These men make up the most entertaining couple of weeks of sports hands down. Aaron Craft blankets people. Hopefully the refs will swallow the whistle and let them play. Some refs don't like the big tens style (prison rules) of play. Its fun watching violence.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#49059 Mar 24, 2013
Yep, our conference loves a very physical style.
fightfan wrote:
Is there not enough 6'5"- 7' athletic kids down there. I know Florida's championship teams where made up of mostly northern kids from the east coast. Alabama has a pretty solid squad it seems year in and out. I would really like to see them make it to the sweet 16 when they get in while the football is still hot. Its always cool to see great two big sport teams at one school. I love march madness. These men make up the most entertaining couple of weeks of sports hands down. Aaron Craft blankets people. Hopefully the refs will swallow the whistle and let them play. Some refs don't like the big tens style (prison rules) of play. Its fun watching violence.

Location hidden

#49060 Mar 24, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Why would I stand behind the other teams in my conference. Sure, i'll root for em, but could care less if they lose. I'm a Buckeye fan, the B1G Ten just happens to be our conference.<quoted text>
My point is i'm a DAWG fan I don't mind a SEC losing to another SEC team just not another conference team is all I'm saying.
Redneck Reb

United States

#49062 Mar 24, 2013
Jesus - Let us Praise his Holy Name on this Palm Sunday...

Can Alabama Make it 3 in a Row?....SEC "The Tough Conference"

#49063 Mar 24, 2013
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you was fixing to sing the Georgia Bulldogs fight song for a minute lol Mithra was a sun god not the son of god them guys are lost as ducks in a desert.
> Naa, actually The Coach wanted to sing, Born on the Bayou! Hey, UGA, Professor Artie, the Topix Theoretical Physicist has come up with his latest and greatest hypothesis on the mysterious dark matter of the universe. That unknown force that supposedly is the counter-action of gravity, that has other physicists and baffled scientists dazed and confused. Yes, The Professor has found the source of dark matter ... it is confined to a pathetic Denver Post sports article on Tim Tebow, bashing Tim for his religious stance. That article was like a meteor hitting the Earth, the forces of gravity pulling in all the dark matter of the universe into a point of singularity.
Yep, all six atheists (now down to two or three) on that Topix thread, who proclaim that they are in the majority of American thought and knowledge. A New World Order of non-believers of God. Those poor fools are totally dazed and confused, and completely lost in the wilderness of dumb @ss. But, God in His Infinite Glory, sends Artie the Anointed with Heavenly Wisdom & Knowledge, to save the pathetic bozos from complete destruction. And you know how Artie the Anointed doesn't mix weak, delirious, delusional thought with God's universal knowledge and wisdom. Praise be to God!

#49064 Mar 24, 2013
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is i'm a DAWG fan I don't mind a SEC losing to another SEC team just not another conference team is all I'm saying.
> Matt ALWAYS pulls for Michigan against a non-Big-10 team!
>;)

#49065 Mar 24, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Yep, our conference loves a very physical style.<quoted text>
> So does the SEC ... in football!!! We call it, SMASHMOUTH, IN YOUR FACE, TACKLE football!

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#49068 Mar 26, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Vandy has improved quite a bit, lately. Maybe the USChickens would be a good match up...naw', on second thought,they'd kill USC in an actual game./:)
Anyway... Same old bullshyt SEC hype going around I see.. HaHa

“TROJANS READY TO RESTORE ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#49069 Mar 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I know you guys dont think outside the football box, but somebody forgot to tell that to Florida... HaHa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,858
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr stewart scott 2,356
News UTEP basketball: Brodricks Jones to sign with UTEP 7 hr Fart news 4
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Jul 28 Fart news 10,071
News Florida wide receiver Alvin Bailey arrested in ... Jul 27 Fart news 3
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
News What are your rights during a traffic stop? Jul 24 Fart news 2
More from around the web