The Better Football Conference: PAC-1...

The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

There are 49305 comments on the ArmchairGM story from Aug 22, 2007, titled The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?. In it, ArmchairGM reports that:

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ArmchairGM.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#48456 Jan 8, 2013
OSU and Urban Meyer will be carrying that crystal ball.
UK fan wrote:
Of course the SEC is the best conference. Which SEC team do you guys think will win it next year?
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#48457 Jan 8, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yes I will marry u Gumba!
Oh Clownie you've made me such a happy bride! But you must remember to wear Bruin colors or no nookie for you mister!

“Go Bucs”

Since: Nov 11

Xenia, OH

#48458 Jan 8, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
OSU and Urban Meyer will be carrying that crystal ball. <quoted text>
lol, You and I BOTH know that's not happening.

“Go Bucs”

Since: Nov 11

Xenia, OH

#48459 Jan 8, 2013
UK fan wrote:
Of course the SEC is the best conference. Which SEC team do you guys think will win it next year?
Alabama.
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#48461 Jan 9, 2013
Georgia will win it next year

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48462 Jan 9, 2013
UK fan wrote:
You are a Kentucky fan, yall suck in Football and now even Basketball. Wouldn't be surprised if you were dropped from the conference. The SEC has only been keeping you around so that they wouldn't look so bad in Basketball.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48463 Jan 9, 2013
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>Alabama.
Well if Bama does well again next year, we know that you will be cheering for them. If they don't, then you will be picking a new favorite team again. Like ya did with your "life long Auburn fan" status. Have a nice day Bandwagonologist,

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48464 Jan 9, 2013
I guess being able to cross the 50 and being able to score on Bama in the National Championship game makes it easier to come on here after a loss. Glad I didn't have to pull a fart deco and hide for a couple of months.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48465 Jan 9, 2013
No need to hide, you lost to the top team in football. It's pretty much happened to every OOC team that's played Bama. Plus this is the best ND season in, how long? ND is headed in a good direction.
BigDan wrote:
I guess being able to cross the 50 and being able to score on Bama in the National Championship game makes it easier to come on here after a loss. Glad I didn't have to pull a fart deco and hide for a couple of months.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48466 Jan 9, 2013
Do we? After what Meyer did in one year with a team that went 6-7 you sound way too sure. These recruits already made an impact and OSU is already deep at the D and O-line. If OSU's Linebackers make an instant impact, that scenario could be very plausible. Plus OSU has one of the few coaches that CAN go toe to toe with Saban.
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>lol, You and I BOTH know that's not happening.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#48467 Jan 9, 2013
BigDumb wrote:
I guess being able to cross the 50 at least three times and being able to score on Bama after they were up 35-0 in the National Championship game makes it easier for a blow hard like me to come on here after a loss. I guess I'll have to pull my usual and hide for a couple of months. After my teams imbarrassment against Alabama Artie will be kicking my ass until next college football season.
> That wasn't a loss the Frightened Iwish had against Bama ... that was an SEC @ss Whippin'. That pathetic ND team got their overrated @sses handed to them, and that waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated ukulele, pineapple picker, Manti Ze'ro got his jockstrap handed to him. Well, he did pick up a prestigious award after the BCS beat down ... Coach Artie's infamous, Jockstrap Award, for being the most overrated defensive football player this year. I don't think that slow footed slug could start for Kentucky. Z'ro, like his pathetic team was able to make laughing stocks out of themselves on national TV. While he and his second-tier team gets steamrolled, he also brakes an NCAA record for tackling air! LMAO!!!
>:D

#48468 Jan 9, 2013
Do we? After what Meyer did in one year with a team that went 6-7 you sound way too sure. These recruits already made an impact and OSU is already deep at the D and O-line. If OSU's Linebackers make an instant impact, that scenario could be very plausible. Plus OSU has one of the few coaches that CAN go toe to toe with Saban.<quoted text>
> You better come up with a defense, Matt. No, not a fašade like that way overrated Notre Dame "D". That Frightened Iwish defense was a joke! Urban might be able to go toe to toe with $lick $aban, but he will definitely have to field a strong defensive team ... one that can tackle, and has a lot of speed.
>:)

#48469 Jan 9, 2013
No need to hide, you lost to the top team in football. It's pretty much happened to every OOC team that's played Bama. Plus this is the best ND season in, how long? ND is headed in a good direction.<quoted text>
> Coach Artie thinks Casper... uh, Daniel should disappear and hide like he normally does! His team got a 1st Class @ss Whippin' in the 3rd Degree! The Miami Fire Department was called by the BCS Bowl officials to put out the fire. Not a pretty sight! Yeah, it was Notre Dame's best season since the end of World War One!
>;)
tide washes away

Dothan, AL

#48470 Jan 9, 2013
the irish and then has some irish red tide stew. hope we play yall next year. back to back to back watch the tide roll.tell lou and lee check they may have tide fewer looks red to me 42 to 14/ why did yall not throw the white flag out?.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48472 Jan 9, 2013
Of course, but that's exactly what he recruited last year and this year and is already working on more for next year. It's true last years defense left much to be desired, though at the end of the season they were vastly improved. But this coming year is a different story. The D is going to be solid and the O-line is incredibly talented. I think OSU will be in a BCS bowl next year for sure.
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> You better come up with a defense, Matt. No, not a fašade like that way overrated Notre Dame "D". That Frightened Iwish defense was a joke! Urban might be able to go toe to toe with $lick $aban, but he will definitely have to field a strong defensive team ... one that can tackle, and has a lot of speed.
>:)
big jonn

Dothan, AL

#48473 Jan 9, 2013
we see the irish got took to the wood shed now bama number 1 in all lands. and how can i wear all 15 of my championship hats . had fun this year. come play us please then we be back to back to back ..ha ha .

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48474 Jan 9, 2013
Another team to look out for next year is Michigan. Gardner is WAY better than Robinson and is very solid in his decision making. Michigan at the end of the season was WAY better than at the beginning.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48475 Jan 9, 2013
No need to hide, you lost to the top team in football. It's pretty much happened to every OOC team that's played Bama. Plus this is the best ND season in, how long? ND is headed in a good direction.<quoted text>
No need to hide because I see something special happening. We are building, and it's gonna be great. I thought 10 wins in the regular season would be a great season, we won 12. We are simply ahead of schedule. We are winning and doing it without the recruiting advantages that most teams have. I take pride it that fact. Every single senior that played in that game has already graduated and not with a Bama or LSU basket weaving/Jungle Gym repair degree. Looking forward to a bright future. Good luck to yall next year. I know Saban and Bama are glad Urban isn't back in the SEC running things.
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#48477 Jan 9, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>No need to hide because I see something special happening. We are building, and it's gonna be great. I thought 10 wins in the regular season would be a great season, we won 12. We are simply ahead of schedule. We are winning and doing it without the recruiting advantages that most teams have. I take pride it that fact. Every single senior that played in that game has already graduated and not with a Bama or LSU basket weaving/Jungle Gym repair degree. Looking forward to a bright future. Good luck to yall next year. I know Saban and Bama are glad Urban isn't back in the SEC running things.
urban left the sec because he could not handle getting beat by bama year after year and also getting beat by Georgia did not help him getting a contract extension with the gators

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48478 Jan 9, 2013
Uhh, you are sadly misinformed about Urban Meyer. He owned the conference in a big way.
http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php...

any questions?
tfreddy42 wrote:
<quoted text>
urban left the sec because he could not handle getting beat by bama year after year and also getting beat by Georgia did not help him getting a contract extension with the gators

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... 21 hr Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat tom wingo 29,828
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Sat tom wingo 2,224
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
News Recruiting news Jul 1 Fart Job 2
News La Salle grad Devier Posey hosts youth football... Jun 29 Stoned fart 2
News Miami Dolphins NFL player AJ Francis moonlighti... Jun 29 Hoss Ross 54
More from around the web