The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,302

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story
tide needs none

Dothan, AL

#48407 Jan 7, 2013
they go out of the game. if they cant maybe stand a little pain.that toradol maybe could hurt someone why would a hurt player play if they hurt to bad to play without taking toradol.
DaveMC inThe Grey

San Diego, CA

#48408 Jan 7, 2013
The big 12 made the PAC-12 look silly this year in bowl games...and Alabama is the last team that can save face for the SEC...unless you consider what A&M did to OU and lets be honest...that was really two Big 12 teams facing off...I hope the SEC doesnt pin all of their glory on a former Big 12 team converted to SEC...
rider

Marquette, MI

#48409 Jan 7, 2013
www.forbes.com/sites/.../12/.../the-problem-w...
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Dec 6, 2012 – That Penn State scandal was the backdrop for the 2012 college football season, the very one that Notre Dame has dominated from start to
do you

Dothan, AL

#48410 Jan 7, 2013
rider wrote:
www.forbes.com/sites/.../12/.. ./the-problem-with-notre-dame- football...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Dec 6, 2012 – That Penn State scandal was the backdrop for the 2012 college football season, the very one that Notre Dame has dominated from start to
have to get a toradol to play football if yall hurt you need to sit the game out till you get well.look at the news about toradol and the irish read this maybe yall will not have to use tordal to maybe play football get well before you play.
rider

Marquette, MI

#48412 Jan 7, 2013
Well, since you asked — and many of my friends have, some more than once — no, I will not be cheering for my alma mater, the University of Notre Dame, to win big-time college football’s championship on Jan. 7.What’s really surprising me are those who believe as I do — that two Notre Dame players have committed serious criminal acts, sexual assault in one case and rape in another — but assumed that I’d support the team anyway, just as it is.“Aren’t you just a little bit excited?” one asked the other day. There are plenty of good guys on the team, too, I’m repeatedly told. And oh, that Manti Te’o is inspiring.I don’t doubt it. But as a thought exercise, how many predators would have to be on the team before you’d no longer feel like cheering?Sexual violations of all kinds happen on every campus, I know, and neither man will ever be found guilty in court; one of the victims is dead and the other, according to the Notre Dame student who drove her to the emergency room afterward, in February 2011, decided to keep her mouth shut at least in part because she’d seen what happened to the first woman.Neither player has ever even been named, and won’t be here either, because neither was charged with a crime.The Department of Education’s civil rights office is well aware of the second case, though; in fact, federal investigators were on campus when it occurred, as part of a seven-month investigation into the way Notre Dame handles such reports.Two years ago, Lizzy Seeberg, a 19-year-old freshman at Saint Mary’s College, across the street from Notre Dame, committed suicide after accusing a Notre Dame football player of sexually assaulting her.The friend Lizzy told immediately afterward said she was crying so hard she was having trouble breathing.Yet after Lizzy went to the police, a friend of the player’s sent her a series of texts that frightened her as much as anything that had happened in the player’s dorm room.“Don’t do anything you would regret,” one of them said.“Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea.”At the time of her death, 10 days after reporting the attack to campus police, who have jurisdiction for even the most serious crimes on school property, investigators still had not interviewed the accused. It took them five more days after her death to get around to that, though they investigated Lizzy herself quite thoroughly, even debriefing a former roommate at another school with whom she’d clashed.Six months later — after the story had become national news — Notre Dame did convene a closed-door disciplinary hearing. There, the player testified that until he actually met with police, he hadn’t even known why they wanted to speak to him, though his buddy down the hall who’d warned Lizzy not to mess with Notre Dame football had spoken to the cops 13 days earlier. The player was found “not responsible,” and never sat out a game.A few months later, a resident assistant in a Notre Dame dorm drove a freshman to the hospital for a rape exam after receiving an S.O.S. call.“She said she’d been raped by a member of the football team at a party off campus,” the RA told me. I also spoke to the RA’s parents, who met the young woman that same night, when their daughter took her to their home after leaving the hospital. They said they saw — and reported to athletic officials — a hailstorm of texts from other players, warning the young woman not to report what had happened.“They were trying to silence this girl,” the RA’s father told me. And did; no criminal complaint was ever filed.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/12/06/3426485...
rider

Marquette, MI

#48413 Jan 7, 2013
Well, since you asked — and many of my friends have, some more than once — no, I will not be cheering for my alma mater, the University of Notre Dame, to win big-time college football’s championship on Jan. 7.What’s really surprising me are those who believe as I do — that two Notre Dame players have committed serious criminal acts, sexual assault in one case and rape in another — but assumed that I’d support the team anyway, just as it is.“Aren’t you just a little bit excited?” one asked the other day. There are plenty of good guys on the team, too, I’m repeatedly told. And oh, that Manti Te’o is inspiring.I don’t doubt it. But as a thought exercise, how many predators would have to be on the team before you’d no longer feel like cheering?Sexual violations of all kinds happen on every campus, I know, and neither man will ever be found guilty in court; one of the victims is dead and the other, according to the Notre Dame student who drove her to the emergency room afterward, in February 2011, decided to keep her mouth shut at least in part because she’d seen what happened to the first woman.Neither player has ever even been named, and won’t be here either, because neither was charged with a crime.The Department of Education’s civil rights office is well aware of the second case, though; in fact, federal investigators were on campus when it occurred, as part of a seven-month investigation into the way Notre Dame handles such reports.Two years ago, Lizzy Seeberg, a 19-year-old freshman at Saint Mary’s College, across the street from Notre Dame, committed suicide after accusing a Notre Dame football player of sexually assaulting her.The friend Lizzy told immediately afterward said she was crying so hard she was having trouble breathing.Yet after Lizzy went to the police, a friend of the player’s sent her a series of texts that frightened her as much as anything that had happened in the player’s dorm room.“Don’t do anything you would regret,” one of them said.“Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea.”At the time of her death, 10 days after reporting the attack to campus police, who have jurisdiction for even the most serious crimes on school property, investigators still had not interviewed the accused. It took them five more days after her death to get around to that, though they investigated Lizzy herself quite thoroughly, even debriefing a former roommate at another school with whom she’d clashed.Six months later — after the story had become national news — Notre Dame did convene a closed-door disciplinary hearing. There, the player testified that until he actually met with police, he hadn’t even known why they wanted to speak to him, though his buddy down the hall who’d warned Lizzy not to mess with Notre Dame football had spoken to the cops 13 days earlier. The player was found “not responsible,” and never sat out a game.A few months later, a resident assistant in a Notre Dame dorm drove a freshman to the hospital for a rape exam after receiving an S.O.S. call.“She said she’d been raped by a member of the football team at a party off campus,” the RA told me. I also spoke to the RA’s parents, who met the young woman that same night, when their daughter took her to their home after leaving the hospital. They said they saw — and reported to athletic officials — a hailstorm of texts from other players, warning the young woman not to report what had happened.“They were trying to silence this girl,” the RA’s father told me. And did; no criminal complaint was ever filed.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#48414 Jan 7, 2013
Matt from the Columbus House of Blues wrote:
Tide will probably win tonight but I'm rooting for the Irish. I would love to see some change on the college football horizon, as most people in the country do.
> Who is most people? You, Daniel, Pee Pee Pet, FrightFan, Fright On, and CT?
>:)

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#48416 Jan 7, 2013
What the heck are these people talking about on here???

Most people, Artie, is everyone outside of the southern bubble.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48418 Jan 7, 2013
That score was really easy for Bama, is this the ND defense I've been hearing about? I hope not.
big pimpin

United States

#48420 Jan 7, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
That score was really easy for Bama, is this the ND defense I've been hearing about? I hope not.
Hey Matt look at the score now at half. Lol. Ohio State would have given Bama a better first half game. ND is a joke
why not call up

Dothan, AL

#48421 Jan 7, 2013
a fumble rooster and cook it up and make some irish stew make sure you got a road island red. maybe yall get on the score board it might make you tackle a little better. bye florida calling for more punts just throw the white flag in bama will be back fo more points.sorry about the knee put some ice on it hope it gets better soon.
can yall see

Dothan, AL

#48422 Jan 7, 2013
that why not catch the ball you migh just might score. number 100 says hes going home with the big prize more pain.oh know now we get a new trophy ours got broke you maybe give us two new ones.time out for more plays now its a first down.get yall a net maybe you can stop something oh its a tide touchdown.now we got 35 call lou yall need more help.
call the joker

Dothan, AL

#48423 Jan 7, 2013
get the rafts out ts almost high tide. maybe you need more plays call a pushup pass it might work looks like yall need to practice more.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48424 Jan 7, 2013
We got Whipped but we scored twice and crossed the 50. At least we aren't LSU.

“I Musici”

Since: Nov 11

Bremen, Germany

#48425 Jan 7, 2013
BigDan wrote:
We got Whipped but we scored twice and crossed the 50. At least we aren't LSU.
No, LSU beat the Tide last year, so you certainly aren't in LSU's league!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#48426 Jan 7, 2013
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Rush

Columbus, NE

#48427 Jan 7, 2013
Best game of the year!

“I Musici”

Since: Nov 11

Bremen, Germany

#48428 Jan 7, 2013
Perhaps the Frighened Irish should join the Pac 10.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48429 Jan 7, 2013
Indeed, I felt if we weren't Bowl Banned we'd be able to beat ND this year in a close match. But we have to be better than that. Sure we wouldn't beat Bama either, but my gosh that was a massacre. I feel terrible for the ND fans because I've felt that kinda beatdown as a fan. But, wow, is all I can say.
big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Matt look at the score now at half. Lol. Ohio State would have given Bama a better first half game. ND is a joke

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48430 Jan 7, 2013
A smart coach and a field goal kicker would have beat Bama this year with LSU and the situation they were in. But Nevertheless the Tide win it all.
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>No, LSU beat the Tide last year, so you certainly aren't in LSU's league!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1,481
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 28,400
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
Murray sets new NFL rushing record Dec 17 Da Squirts 18
UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... Dec 16 Madd Dogg 1
K-State's Liu marches to his own beat (Aug '07) Dec 15 Fuckboy 69 3
More from around the web