The Better Football Conference: PAC-10 or SEC?

Aug 22, 2007 Full story: ArmchairGM 49,282

“Who has the better conference?”

Another college football season approaches and the debate rages on... who has the better conference SEC or PAC 10 . via ArmchairGM

Full Story

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#48375 Jan 2, 2013
tfreddy42 wrote:
<quoted text>
well u are going to find out on the 7th just how dominant the sec is when the sec wins the national championship for the 7th year in a row now how dominant is that no other conference can say that now can they
The SEC will not win crap, no matter who wins the game. If Bama wins it won't say SEC on the trophy. Florida and LSU have been dominant in the past, Bama in the present. Auburn had a good year, the rest of ya haven't. In other words the majority hasn't done shit. Are any of the other teams (not the teams mentioned) players playing in National Championship game? How about their coaches coaching in it? Why don't you pick a team and be proud of them and brag about their accomplishments rather than brag about some other teams accolades. I'll root for Notre Dame (my favorite team) and you can root for someone besides your favorite. I bet I get more joy out of my way than you do. Have a nice day and try again.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48376 Jan 2, 2013
nd has no chance wrote:
Yeah big dan really has no room to talk about teams just barely squeaking by. That's all ND did all year long at home was to just barely squeak by medicore opponents. HAH!
Bama 37
ND. 9
Put the crack pipe down and tell your pimp to read this to you. We squeaked by a few, duh. I am not the one running around saying that Notre Dame is going to dominate, I don't know that. Please go back to school, a third grade education wasn't good enough. Your reading comprehension is poor. It is folks like you making bombastic statements beaming with ignorance that I am bitch slapping with truth. I also noticed that you haven't set up a profile on here because you are scared that you will be wrong and don't want your ignorance to be pointed out if the Irish win. By the way, Alabama squeaked by 2 of the good teams they played and loss to the only other.
Cafe Spy

Lake Charles, LA

#48377 Jan 2, 2013
Anyone talking bad about the SEC is nuts.
What conference won the last six BCS national championships?
What conference is fixing to win number seven in a row?
What conference is hated and creates unbridled jealously from all the other conferences?
What conference can brag about their accomplishments without shame?
What conference can go into your stadium and beat your team and make you cry?
The SEC! There it is.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#48378 Jan 2, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the crack pipe down and tell your pimp to read this to you. We squeaked by a few, duh. I am not the one running around saying that Notre Dame is going to dominate, I don't know that. Please go back to school, a third grade education wasn't good enough. Your reading comprehension is poor. It is folks like you making bombastic statements beaming with ignorance that I am bitch slapping with truth. I also noticed that you haven't set up a profile on here because you are scared that you will be wrong and don't want your ignorance to be pointed out if the Irish win. By the way, Alabama squeaked by 2 of the good teams they played and loss to the only other.
I think the NC game will be a good one myself.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#48379 Jan 2, 2013
Here is something BigDan will appreciate.

This history:

In 1987, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 2011, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.

In 1987, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 2011, ND finished the season with 8 wins.

In 1987, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 2011, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.

In 1987, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Tim Brown, to graduation.
In 2011, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Michael Floyd, to graduation.

In 1988, the ND QB was Tony Rice, who was from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 89 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Michael Stonebreaker intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 2012, the ND QB is Everett Golson, who is from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 78 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Manti Te'o intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.

In 1988, Lou Holtz suspended his starting running back for the last game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 2012, Brian Kelly suspended his starting running back for the first game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.

In 1988, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent (USC) by 17 points (27-10).
In 2012, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent ( Oklahoma ) by 17 points (30-13).

Only two coaches in the history of Notre Dame have recorded 12-0 records ó Lou Holtz in 1988 and Brian Kelly in 2012.

In 1988, Lou Holtz was in his third season.
In 2012, Brian Kelly is in his third season.

In 1988, Lou Holtz won his second Coach of the Year award.
In 2012, Brian Kelly won his second Coach of the Year award.

Notre Dame won the 1988 National Championship game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona .
Notre Dame will play the 2012 BCS Championship game at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida .

There are exactly 5 letters in the city names and 7 letters in the state names of those two locations.

In 1988, Miami was the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
In 2012, Alabama is the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.

Miami was 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
Alabama is 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.

In 1988, Jimmy Johnsonís winning percentage at Miami was .843 (43-8) before playing Notre Dame. After losing to Notre Dame, it was .827.
In 2012, Nick Sabanís winning percentage at Alabama is .837 (67-13) before playing Notre Dame. If Notre Dame wins, his winning percentage will be .827.

Brian Kelly and Lou Holtz were born 24 years apart.
Their first seasons at Notre Dame were exactly 24 years apart.

It's been exactly 24 years since Notre Dame won their last National Championship.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48380 Jan 2, 2013
Cafe Spy wrote:
Anyone talking bad about the SEC is nuts.
What conference won the last six BCS national championships?
What conference is fixing to win number seven in a row?
What conference is hated and creates unbridled jealously from all the other conferences?
What conference can brag about their accomplishments without shame?
What conference can go into your stadium and beat your team and make you cry?
The SEC! There it is.
how did your team do?

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Since: Oct 08

LA Lady..

#48381 Jan 2, 2013
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
how did your team do?
Happy New Year BigDan! Good luck to your team!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#48382 Jan 2, 2013
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#48386 Jan 3, 2013
Crazy Beautiful wrote:
<quoted text>
> Hey Beautiful, how are ya?
>:)

#48388 Jan 4, 2013
> Clown, you better get on the stick! Ambassador Artie was on a political thread earlier, and some fourth term politician had over 86,000 posts. You should be able to catch him by Sunday night!
>;)

#48389 Jan 4, 2013
Matt from Columbus wrote:
Here is something BigDan will appreciate.
This history:
In 1987, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 2011, ND beat Michigan State at home, scoring 31 points.
In 1987, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 2011, ND finished the season with 8 wins.
In 1987, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 2011, ND lost their bowl game, a game they led early on.
In 1987, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Tim Brown, to graduation.
In 2011, ND lost their all-time leading receiver, Michael Floyd, to graduation.
In 1988, the ND QB was Tony Rice, who was from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 89 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Michael Stonebreaker intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 2012, the ND QB is Everett Golson, who is from South Carolina . He started his 3rd career game against Michigan State in East Lansing . ND beat Michigan State by a score of 20-3. The star of the game was Notre Dame's defense, which held the Spartans to 78 yards rushing for the game. Defensive captain Manti Te'o intercepted a pass in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
In 1988, Lou Holtz suspended his starting running back for the last game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 2012, Brian Kelly suspended his starting running back for the first game of the season, the farthest road game of the year.
In 1988, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent (USC) by 17 points (27-10).
In 2012, Notre Dame defeated their highest ranked road opponent ( Oklahoma ) by 17 points (30-13).
Only two coaches in the history of Notre Dame have recorded 12-0 records ó Lou Holtz in 1988 and Brian Kelly in 2012.
In 1988, Lou Holtz was in his third season.
In 2012, Brian Kelly is in his third season.
In 1988, Lou Holtz won his second Coach of the Year award.
In 2012, Brian Kelly won his second Coach of the Year award.
Notre Dame won the 1988 National Championship game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona .
Notre Dame will play the 2012 BCS Championship game at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida .
There are exactly 5 letters in the city names and 7 letters in the state names of those two locations.
In 1988, Miami was the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
In 2012, Alabama is the defending national champion, winner of two national titles in the past five years.
Miami was 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
Alabama is 37-5 in the 42 games played before meeting Notre Dame.
In 1988, Jimmy Johnsonís winning percentage at Miami was .843 (43-8) before playing Notre Dame. After losing to Notre Dame, it was .827.
In 2012, Nick Sabanís winning percentage at Alabama is .837 (67-13) before playing Notre Dame. If Notre Dame wins, his winning percentage will be .827.
Brian Kelly and Lou Holtz were born 24 years apart.
Their first seasons at Notre Dame were exactly 24 years apart.
It's been exactly 24 years since Notre Dame won their last National Championship.
> Shades of Broadway Joe!
>:/

Location hidden

#48391 Jan 4, 2013
I will make this statement Oklahoma wouldn't beat Alabama, UGA, LSU, Florida or South Carolina and theirs nobody that can tell me different on this. Texas A&M beat a awful overrated Oklahoma team.

#48392 Jan 4, 2013
UGA 1 wrote:
I will make this statement Oklahoma wouldn't beat Alabama, UGA, LSU, Florida or South Carolina and theirs nobody that can tell me different on this. Texas A&M beat a awful overrated Oklahoma team.
> You're right, UGA! Coach Artie has been saying for years that Choklahoma is the most overrated CFB team in the country ... even beating out USC!

Watch out for A&M next season ... they should be right in the middle of the SEC Championship & BCS Championship hunt. Johnny Manziel is one heck of a football player ... talent gone wild!

Location hidden

#48394 Jan 5, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> You're right, UGA! Coach Artie has been saying for years that Choklahoma is the most overrated CFB team in the country ... even beating out USC!
Watch out for A&M next season ... they should be right in the middle of the SEC Championship & BCS Championship hunt. Johnny Manziel is one heck of a football player ... talent gone wild!
Yes A&M should have a chance or at least be in the running next year but one things for sure A&M will replace the longhorns at the top of TEXAS before it's over imo.

#48395 Jan 5, 2013
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes A&M should have a chance or at least be in the running next year but one things for sure A&M will replace the longhorns at the top of TEXAS before it's over imo.
> Personally, Coach Artie thinks A&M has already replaced Texass as Top-Dog in the state! If you were a recruit in the state of Texas ... wouldn't you want to play for a team that's in the Supreme College Football Conference in the nation, The SEC?

#48396 Jan 5, 2013
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the NC game will be a good one myself.
> Me too ... for Alabama!

#48397 Jan 5, 2013
just saw it wrote:
Oh yeah les miles just handed the game away right there. What a stupid idiot.
You got a 2 pt lead and a minute and a half of time and this retard is calling passes???
Wtf? I'd fire his dumb ass if I was his boss.
> Unfortunately, Les "Brains - Dreary" Miles' boss is as idiotic as him!
>:(
the sec wins this

Dothan, AL

#48401 Jan 6, 2013
Wild Bill - USC wrote:
Tigers 2004 Champs: I appreciate your recognition of USC. I will say LSU is a good team also. I will say the SEC is a good conference, as well as the Big Ten, and Big 12. But the Pac 10 is every bit as good as each one I have mentioned. Every Conference has its up and down years. The pac 10 will have an above average year this year I believe. You also say " Where are all of SC's prized players from ??? OH the South East ". Yes, several of them are, But the biggest majority of the 1st and 2nd String on O & D is PAC 10 COUNTRY.Also several are from the North East, Mid West ant etc. Tells me the best players in the country want to come to USC. I know it must be extreemly hard to accept. GOOO SC FIGHT ON
one the tide wins by 10 at the end.
yes johnny is

Dothan, AL

#48402 Jan 6, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> You're right, UGA! Coach Artie has been saying for years that Choklahoma is the most overrated CFB team in the country ... even beating out USC!
one good ball player it reminds me back in the days of montana, theisman .and one good player i saw running the triple option and also played when the college had tear away jersey back in the years 78 and 79 and i think they won 2 national championship he was a good runner and passer.
tide needs no

Dothan, AL

#48405 Jan 7, 2013
Unlike championship rival Alabama, the team doctor for Notre Dame football, Dr. James Moriarity, told ABC News he does not rule out the "occasional use" of the controversial painkiller Toradol on game days to treat Fighting Irish players if "medically indicated."i hear this maybe hurt some people.will you use painkiller when you play the tide?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min R TRUTH 27,426
Big Ten Football Review: The One Where The Gnom... 16 hr gophsupport 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 21 hr Go Blue Forever 1,377
College football rewind: Virginia Tech, USC exp... Fri PEE PEE PETE 4
What did the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets learn ... Sep 17 pdmorgs 1
So Kentucky came close to beating Florida Sep 16 FLORIDA SWAMPER 1
West Virginia Mountaineers Football: Strength T... Sep 16 Hate Thread- Ignore 8
•••
•••

NCAA Sports People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••