UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32325 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Bruin For Life

Fairfield, CA

#16997 Jan 3, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute, you have to make up your mind: You berate USC for signing a boatload of recruits at the skill positions, and when USC finally takes your advice and drops a WR in order to open up a spot for an OL or DL, you jump all over them again? But nah, you're not a hater...
well, I don't think USC "drooped" a WR, u think it was the other way around. But knowing USC recruiting practices they will probably replace him with another WR or another QB and completely ignore the OLine.
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#16998 Jan 3, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute, you have to make up your mind: You berate USC for signing a boatload of recruits at the skill positions, and when USC finally takes your advice and drops a WR in order to open up a spot for an OL or DL, you jump all over them again? But nah, you're not a hater...
Yeah, everyone I know is glad we opened up a few scholarships, that will hopefully be used for linemen.

I nominate Norv for OC!!!

LK needs to check his ego at the door.
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#16999 Jan 3, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been some good bowl games this year. I still think we need a 16-team playoff, though.
I'd be happy with 8.

This 4 team that's gonna start in 2014/2015 is a good start. But as we've seen the past couple of seasons, 7's & 8's are generally pretty damn good and capable of beating just about anyone.

UF showed last night that a #3 doesn't mean a whole lot.(And that's an END of the season ranking, so easy on the pre-season #1 comments from the peanut gallery. LOL!)
Bruin For Life

Newport News, VA

#17000 Jan 3, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy with 8.
This 4 team that's gonna start in 2014/2015 is a good start. But as we've seen the past couple of seasons, 7's & 8's are generally pretty damn good and capable of beating just about anyone.
UF showed last night that a #3 doesn't mean a whole lot.(And that's an END of the season ranking, so easy on the pre-season #1 comments from the peanut gallery. LOL!)
In regard to the "peanut gallery" remark, well, 93.7% of you Trojan fans were flying high with the Ranking talking all kinds of smack, along with Heisman and all that, so definitely you're gonna get smacked arouind for it...a little humility goes a long way...humility is however not past of the Trojan mentality in 93.7% of the Trojan fan base, and I think that EVEN YOU will agree.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#17001 Jan 3, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>well, I don't think USC "drooped" a WR, u think it was the other way around. But knowing USC recruiting practices they will probably replace him with another WR or another QB and completely ignore the OLine.
No, it was more along the lines of "we want you to play CB, we have enough WR, take it or leave it" and he left it. Even your hero, Scott Wolf, writes that he wasn't "good enough" to play WR at USC. Now, if he comes back to bite us in the arse in a few years and light us up... well, that's another thing.
http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2013/01/02/lar...
Artie Manhattan

North Hollywood, CA

#17002 Jan 3, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>In regard to the "peanut gallery" remark, well, 93.7% of you Trojan fans were flying high with the Ranking talking all kinds of smack, along with Heisman and all that, so definitely you're gonna get smacked arouind for it...a little humility goes a long way...humility is however not past of the Trojan mentality in 93.7% of the Trojan fan base, and I think that EVEN YOU will agree.
Ya I agree BFL, condom fans are a bunch of big prycks, I mean they have a bunch of big prycks as we both know hehehe...Go Bruins!
Trojan

Miami, FL

#17003 Jan 3, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>In regard to the "peanut gallery" remark, well, 93.7% of you Trojan fans were flying high with the Ranking talking all kinds of smack, along with Heisman and all that, so definitely you're gonna get smacked arouind for it...a little humility goes a long way...humility is however not past of the Trojan mentality in 93.7% of the Trojan fan base, and I think that EVEN YOU will agree.
You're right about the (approximately) 90%. I can't argue with you.

But if you go back to my posts,(for which you've shown a great delight...lol), I stated how much I HATED being a pre-season #1. Our team has always had a tendancy to let such things go to their heads. I said from the start I'd rather be in the 7-10 range when the season starts. Even 11-15 isn't bad.

GO DUCKS!!
Trojan

Miami, FL

#17004 Jan 3, 2013
Way to go, Chip!

Part of me hopes you don't make the jump. UCLA has to play you this year on in Autzen! Won't be the same if you're not there!!

But you've got to do what's best for you.
Bruin For Life

Portsmouth, VA

#17005 Jan 3, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about the (approximately) 90%. I can't argue with you.
But if you go back to my posts,(for which you've shown a great delight...lol), I stated how much I HATED being a pre-season #1. Our team has always had a tendancy to let such things go to their heads. I said from the start I'd rather be in the 7-10 range when the season starts. Even 11-15 isn't bad.
GO DUCKS!!
I don't consider you part of the 90%.
Bruin For Life

Portsmouth, VA

#17006 Jan 3, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Way to go, Chip!
Part of me hopes you don't make the jump. UCLA has to play you this year on in Autzen! Won't be the same if you're not there!!
hehehehe I hope he goes...I think he's making a mistake leaving, the dude has made at Oregon and is in the midst of creating a literal dynasty, but I guess the money being offered to him must be pretty nice? or maybe he feels he has nothing more to accomplish? I think he still has not accomplished what he set out to do, win a national title.
Bruin For Life

Portsmouth, VA

#17007 Jan 3, 2013
**^^ has it made.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#17008 Jan 3, 2013
Trojan wrote:
Way to go, Chip!
Please Mister Trojan, we already know we got off easy not having to play the Ducks this season, but do you have to remind us already :/

Have some compassion please, we just experienced two beatdowns from Stanford this year to ruin our season :(

West Hollywood, CA

#17009 Jan 3, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consider you part of the 90%.
Lifer, what's with all this kissy kissy with Mister Trojan :/

Next thing we'll know, you will be dragging him along to our Bruin hot tub parties :)

Do you need to borrow my bottle of rufi's ;)

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#17011 Jan 3, 2013
you'll like my Avatar Headline?:)
Trojan

San Francisco, CA

#17012 Jan 4, 2013
What a joke of a call in the Colorado-UA game last night!

Those refs have no business being on a court.

West Hollywood, CA

#17013 Jan 4, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
you'll like my Avatar Headline?:)
Wow Lifer, finally coming out of the true blue closet :)

So tell me, is it a blue and gold vibrator or the real thing? I noticed how you and Nation have patched things up. Maybe it will be him ;)

Or I guess we'll find out at the hot tub party :)
:)
:)

Oh, gooooo Bruins, be free like Lifer!!!

West Hollywood, CA

#17014 Jan 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
I have been protesting basketball ever since the short-short went away :/

Oh yeah, Go Bruins!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#17015 Jan 4, 2013
PEE PEE PET USC TROJAN EXTRAORDINAIRE wrote:
<quoted text>Please Mister Trojan, we already know we didn't get off easy having our arses handed to us by the Ducks this season, but do you have to remind us already :/
Have some compassion please, we just experienced six loses two beatdowns from UCLA and Oregon this year and lost to a team with a losing record in the Sun Bowl to ruin our season :(
> Rough season, huh Pee Pee? Maybe you should become a UCLA Bruin fan!
>:)

#17016 Jan 4, 2013
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
They showed up, but they were 30 minutes late. Their flight was late, causing practice to start and end late, causing them to be late to the dinner. Sun Bowl reps were aware as they were with them all day since their arrival, and none of them mentioned anything to the team. This was all southern-fried media-generated, looking to create controversy and paint USC and Kiffin in a bad light. We did a good enough job of stepping on our own dycks this post-season, we don't need any help from the media and the haters.
GT was scheduled to arrive 15 minutes earlier than USC, according to the official itinerary. They showed up 30 minutes earlier than their scheduled time and USC was 30 minutes late to their scheduled time (despite starting practice 45 minutes late), thus the large gap in time between both teams: https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/28435...
Also, even the Sun Bowl reps say it was no big deal:
https://twitter.com/HyundaiSunBowl/status/284...
But y'all are going to hate anyways, because it's USC.
> Yeah, yeah, yeah! Whatever! Typical USC!
>:)

#17017 Jan 4, 2013
Trojan wrote:
> A travesty of refereeing at it's finest! The NCAA needs to weed out those conspicuously bad refs.
>:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida's Matt Rolin no longer with Gators Aug 17 vulcanalex 1
News Florida booster clears Antonio Callaway of sexu... Aug 17 vulcanalex 1
News Reilly Center Voted Toughest Venue In A-10 Aug 11 jdc98 1
News 'I have 12 grandchildren. I will always have 12... (Dec '07) Aug 10 ignoranceisbliss 434
News James Hudson commits to Michigan over Michigan ... Aug 8 Go Blue Forever 1
News New director in time of change Jul 30 Jack 1
News Amid heated campaign season, Republicans hope t... Jul '16 Jack 1
More from around the web