UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004

There are 15 comments on the Dec 24, 2007, Connecticut Post story titled UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The statistics have shown since the start of the season that the UConn women's basketball team has been among the elite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Connecticut Sam

United States

#1 Dec 25, 2007
I am very proud of you, young ladies. I hope that you will go all the way this season.
The real MR MIAGI

Newtown, CT

#2 Dec 25, 2007
Miagi play with ball once. Not make shot in hole. Too short.
Connecticut Sam

United States

#3 Dec 25, 2007
Miagi
Too bad you are too short.
Connecticut Sam

United States

#4 Dec 25, 2007
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 22, 2012
A Merry Christmas to my brothers and the Uconn ladies basketball them. Go all the way.
Santa Claus

Oakdale, CT

#7 Dec 23, 2012
Pete is on my poop list. He been bad all his life, even as a kid, he would beat up little boys and girls. He should be in jail, just like his mommy and daddy.

Location hidden

#8 Apr 24, 2013
The ladies won the National Championship again. Good for them.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 25, 2014
The ladies are on their way to win the National Championship again. God bless them and good luck to them.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 7, 2014
The ladies are number One and playing Tuesday night, ESPN, 9:00 PM.
Good luck.
America Gentleman Samuel

Wallingford, CT

#13 Apr 8, 2014
The ladies are number One and playing Tuesday night, ESPN, 9:00 PM.
Good luck. Just in case you can not read the newspaper or see the news on the TV I thought I would give everyone this public service annoucment.a
jwe

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2014
U-Conn program is dirty men and women , no class college basketball has become a bought and paid for joke .....sad

Location hidden

#15 Apr 8, 2014
UConn beat Notre Dame, 79- 58. UConn rocks.
BPT

Hamden, CT

#17 Apr 9, 2014
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
UConn beat Notre Dame, 79- 58. UConn rocks.
congrats sam I know your their #1 fan here on topix.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#18 Apr 9, 2014
jwe wrote:
U-Conn program is dirty men and women , no class college basketball has become a bought and paid for joke .....sad
Not just UConn, there are plenty of schools which have completely lost sight of priorities. The UConn coach is the highest paid state employee in CT. That makes absolutely no sense. God only knows what ridiculous ethical compromises UConn officials have made in their pursuit of this championship. And the rioting by students.... they should be expelled for things like overturning cars, lighting fires and ramming lightpoles thru windows.
BPT

Hamden, CT

#19 Apr 9, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just UConn, there are plenty of schools which have completely lost sight of priorities. The UConn coach is the highest paid state employee in CT. That makes absolutely no sense. God only knows what ridiculous ethical compromises UConn officials have made in their pursuit of this championship. And the rioting by students.... they should be expelled for things like overturning cars, lighting fires and ramming lightpoles thru windows.
all of the ncaa sports programs are hypocritical. they will ban and punish the kids if they take anything from anybody, yet the ncaa rakes in multi millions on the toil and work of these kids.
now they will say the kids are given scholarships yet most go to a minimal amount of classes during a year and are given preferential treatment. some are certainly not prepared for the world after graduation. they should give the kids some sort of stipend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 8 hr tom wingo 1,880
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
News "Resurrection of Dorial Green Beckham" Apr 24 tom wingo 2
News Hard to define fairness with potential BCS rematch (Nov '11) Apr 23 tom wingo 85
News When it comes to NFL pro potential, Garrett Gra... Apr 13 Dart Board Drafting 2
News 2014-2015 Season in Review: Josh Oglesby Apr 11 tom wingo 2
More from around the web