DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Le...

DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case

There are 61 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 27, 2013, titled DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Family members of a Charlottesville man who vanished more than three months ago want to take the case to a national level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Question

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Mar 2, 2013
Super Gus wrote:
I agree the Police could do more. However, for that to happen one must pull the City Police Chief away from ACAC.
Just show up with a camera and Longo will come running.
Are you a disgruntled employee? Chief Longo IS working hard on this case. The police can only do so much. Does anyone know how much money has been spent so far on this case? I think the City should say.
SuzyQ

Chesapeake, OH

#43 Mar 2, 2013
Baby Bugtutu wrote:
So far there is no evidence that a crime has occurred or that this is anything other than a runaway incident. The family might want to chift their own search away from the snack aisle.
"shift"
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#44 Mar 2, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not amazng at all. It is incredibly stupid and counter productive and pandering doesn't help at all.
As long as it brings you here , got you involved.

Worth every second of it .

Enjoy A kenny Burger down your way for me ..... and some chicken !
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#45 Mar 2, 2013
SuzyQ wrote:
<quoted text>"shift"
OMG pull those fries. I think you have just developed a lead
disgusted

AOL

#47 Mar 2, 2013
The level of name calling,slander, and just hatred on this subject is appalling. Why is it that some of y'all want to hate on a transgendered person, who committed no crime, had no convictions and was "born that way" shows how deeply ingrained racial hatred, bigotry and ingorance exists in this area. Really 'enough already" , seizure salad" and " 40 oz" make hatred seem natural, they have lost their humanity, and it appears that these cowards choose to pile on and bully someone they do not understand and perhaps they have something to hide in their orientation.... Too bad ignorance is not painful...
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#48 Mar 2, 2013
SuzyQ wrote:
<quoted text>Fries clog your arteries smart a@s
Wow I was totally unaware that cholesterol clogs arteries. If you were not sellin value meals you could have been a Dr and detective. What a waste of talent
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#49 Mar 2, 2013
disgusted wrote:
The level of name calling,slander, and just hatred on this subject is appalling. Why is it that some of y'all want to hate on a transgendered person, who committed no crime, had no convictions and was "born that way" shows how deeply ingrained racial hatred, bigotry and ingorance exists in this area. Really 'enough already" , seizure salad" and " 40 oz" make hatred seem natural, they have lost their humanity, and it appears that these cowards choose to pile on and bully someone they do not understand and perhaps they have something to hide in their orientation.... Too bad ignorance is not painful...
Haters gonna HATE =%$^& em
Proud Parent

Palmyra, VA

#51 Mar 3, 2013
Make sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously need to go back to W.VA. You apparently haven't paid attention to anything since you've lived in Charlottesville. And yes the police have done a great deal with this case and its also apparent this is not a "low priority" case for them.
Never been to WVa but I hear it's nice. With a Computer Engineering Degree and lots of practice you can make these low security servers think you are anywhere you want, last month I was in Portland, Or next week who knows. I know all about LE procedures and have a family full of NYPD employees and from what I've seen CPD is at a technological and brain-trust disadvantage. Oh to the other idiot, I didn't say hire me, I said hire a PI, you went to Charlottesville Schools, didn't you? Practice your reading comprehension skills (I typed that real slow so maybe you will get it if not try Sylvan learning centers)...
John Teller

Charlottesville, VA

#52 Mar 3, 2013
Corey Bender wrote:
I am sick of all these whining parents that just can't stay off TV!
They aren't even close to being as annoying as Morgan Harrington's parents. You should see the way the media and law enforcement kisses the Harrington's behinds around here. Smith's family should get the same consideration in my opinion. I believe that is all they are asking for.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#53 Mar 3, 2013
Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to WVa but I hear it's nice. With a Computer Engineering Degree and lots of practice you can make these low security servers think you are anywhere you want, last month I was in Portland, Or next week who knows. I know all about LE procedures and have a family full of NYPD employees and from what I've seen CPD is at a technological and brain-trust disadvantage. Oh to the other idiot, I didn't say hire me, I said hire a PI, you went to Charlottesville Schools, didn't you? Practice your reading comprehension skills (I typed that real slow so maybe you will get it if not try Sylvan learning centers)...
They ( Law Enforcememnt DO NOT Have the tools , if you are an engineer, you have access to better TOOLS or know how to get your hands on them .

Code writters got smart .. stopped selling the tools to the goverment for nothing only to be used against them . Hence, the governement is begging to hire = yeah.... hackers and code writters.:). The compartmentalized writting for BIG BROTHER is OVER.

You need a JOB ?

FACT.
Siezure Salad

Palmyra, VA

#55 Mar 4, 2013
John Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't even close to being as annoying as Morgan Harrington's parents. You should see the way the media and law enforcement kisses the Harrington's behinds around here. Smith's family should get the same consideration in my opinion. I believe that is all they are asking for.
Show me Smith's dead body lying in a farmers field somewhere south of town, and perhaps the police might give a damn. Short of that, he's just another person of age who left town without telling anyone where he was going.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#56 Mar 4, 2013
Siezure Salad wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me Smith's dead body lying in a farmers field somewhere south of town, and perhaps the police might give a damn. Short of that, he's just another person of age who left town without telling anyone where he was going.
As was Miss Harrington , until a body and crime scene were found.

She hitchiked OUTTA TOWN , just ask the DOGS.
King Ralph

Lexington, VA

#57 Mar 4, 2013
disgusted wrote:
No, it shows a healthy level of disgust in degenerate behavior that hurts society if it's tolerated. I'd feel the same way if someone told me they love to eat garbage, we evolved disgust for practices that spread illness in society, including sexually deviant behavior like a man thinking they're a woman.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#58 Mar 4, 2013
King Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it shows a healthy level of disgust in degenerate behavior that hurts society if it's tolerated. I'd feel the same way if someone told me they love to eat garbage, we evolved disgust for practices that spread illness in society, including sexually deviant behavior like a man thinking they're a woman.
I knew a guy that sounded like you , actually still do kinda , see him in town now and then, havent talked to him in 13 years maybe.Boy did he hate black people and Fa**tz growing up... I loved the guy like a brother...how could I not , I knew him from a child, he carried me bleeding heavy.... I was about 7 , Down a huge BANK, off Elton circle hill in Waynesboro through the GHETTO to my Momma and onto the hospital ... sometime I think my Mother loved him as mUch as his Mom ...he didn't have much of one.

If I started writing today , I couldn't tell you the stories and trouble I got into with this guy and I didn't see him for 30 years from the lst time I had seen him at 9 or so.

Imagine my suprise when I about stood a car on end , send my ex into a WHAT THE heck.... fit. to stop and make sure I seen what I thought I seen in the middle of Waynesboro .

I just seen one of Wayneboros baddest ass...rednecks on two feet walking down the street holding hands with a BLACK MAN , smiling when he seen me , Like I never seen him smiling in my life , as my ex as my witness... he was still the great kids.. he was just a better man ...

and if anybody knows me well enough I got a picture of IT .

Yep you sound alot like kid/man know .....

He got so wound up in the church and YOUR HATE YOU SPEW he almost burned one to the ground.

GODDSPEED to you , Maybe you should look around and see where that deep seeded HATE is comming from .

IT WILL CONSUME YOU

take it or leave

King Ralph

Lexington, VA

#59 Mar 4, 2013
Haha that's an awesome story, and thanks for sharing it. I agree, you find happiness where you can get it from, and I'm not going to look down on anyone for that.

But there is a monumental difference between a grown man figuring out who he is and a confused child destroying their lives by giving into the worst aspects of his psyche. It also still doesn't change the fact that there were/are serious developmental or emotional issues that would cause someone to act this way, and that maybe instead of cultivating it, in the blanket bilge of "tolerance", we should try to get them the help they need. Apparently something like half to more of all "transgenders" regret all of the damage they do to their bodies, they're obviously more likely to hang out in crowds that do hard drugs, and are at much much higher risk to behaviors that ruin their lives. That doesn't sound very much like your friend, and I don't think you're doing a service to either by comparing the two.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#60 Mar 4, 2013
King Ralph wrote:
Haha that's an awesome story, and thanks for sharing it. I agree, you find happiness where you can get it from, and I'm not going to look down on anyone for that.
But there is a monumental difference between a grown man figuring out who he is and a confused child destroying their lives by giving into the worst aspects of his psyche. It also still doesn't change the fact that there were/are serious developmental or emotional issues that would cause someone to act this way, and that maybe instead of cultivating it, in the blanket bilge of "tolerance", we should try to get them the help they need. Apparently something like half to more of all "transgenders" regret all of the damage they do to their bodies, they're obviously more likely to hang out in crowds that do hard drugs, and are at much much higher risk to behaviors that ruin their lives. That doesn't sound very much like your friend, and I don't think you're doing a service to either by comparing the two.
I cannot disagree with a WORD you said ! PERIOD .

I am just a realist, seen too much .... would love to figure a way to slow it down .

I never met a transgendered person in my life until I was like late 30's I was aware of .

Had nobody told me , I would have had one of those what happens in NY stays in NY moments .. cause I would have been a long time guessing. Right in Harrisonburg va. I cannot count the men who have told me = YOU KNOW WHAT .. I will leave it at that..But he is the prettiest man I ever seen, and one of the kindest.Havent seen him in years. I hear he is doing great.

Don't want to many local christians to pop a blood vessel so I will slow down .

Thank you for your compliments and kind reply .

Your first comment was HARSH, you're smart enough to know that.
Abchijmop

Chesapeake, OH

#61 Mar 4, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Wow I was totally unaware that cholesterol clogs arteries. If you were not sellin value meals you could have been a Dr and detective. What a waste of talent
You are nothing, nothing but a Bully!! You had better be careful who you bully in person.
Bob

Saraland, AL

#62 Mar 4, 2013
Abchijmop wrote:
<quoted text>You are nothing, nothing but a Bully!! You had better be careful who you bully in person.
Actually I was being sarcastic so chill out.
BoodreauBobbleBo b

Chesapeake, OH

#63 Mar 5, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Wow I was totally unaware that cholesterol clogs arteries. If you were not sellin value meals you could have been a Dr and detective. What a waste of talent
This a perfect example of a Bully.
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#64 Mar 5, 2013
BoodreauBobbleBob wrote:
<quoted text>This a perfect example of a Bully.
Then consider this a verbal push to the floor because your momma dresses you funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 2 hr LongPhartz 95
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr DownPharrts 32,749
News Role players help Eastern Washington beat Idaho... Sat HelpPharts 2
News Stony Brook edges Maine on free throw in strang... Feb 13 ClosePhartce 2
News Bob Sturm: 'Fortunate' Cowboys, unsure RBs save... (Sep '15) Feb 10 Fat Old Phart 5
News Airport security mix-up sends NFL player to Uta... (Mar '15) Feb 10 Oh That Phart 4
News College basketball had its first 4-OT game of s... Feb 8 GamePharts 2
More from around the web