DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case

There are 61 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 27, 2013, titled DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Family members of a Charlottesville man who vanished more than three months ago want to take the case to a national level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#22 Mar 1, 2013
Someone wants a piece of the Harrington Pie. It isn't a crime for some one who is over 18 to go "missing". Until a crime is suspected, there isn't much CPD can do.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#23 Mar 1, 2013
40 oz malt in bag wrote:
The sexual confused boy & girl if in there finial resting place in landfill, Kids you do drugs & do not got to school you end up like this fool. so be cool & stay in & say NO to drugs. Or you will end up in land fill. Sure is a waste of time for C-ville police that could be at 10 th & page looking for more real low life. If it was a Mexican no body would have put in this waste of time , city cops have to keep wasting time or get slammed by al sharpton & jesse jackson & the like !
Agreed; Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Wilbur

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Mar 2, 2013
If you read the news stories you can see police have put a ton of effort and man hours into investigating the case. Repeated interviews, repeated searches, search of phone records, search of a pond, 5 day search of a landfill...clearly they are developing leads and expending tons of effort to follow up on these leads. There is not much to do when the leads dry up.

Any suggestion to the contrary is misplaced frustration.
citizen

Crozet, VA

#25 Mar 2, 2013
What nut wrote:
Hmmm... if the roommates do not want to talk to the police..you know... be snitches.. then what can they do? As you all know, you can't force someone to talk in this society. Now if we were in Turkey... This is ridiculous. I feel bad for the family but these questions are BS. So the police should share their info/interviews with the family? I don't even think that's legal.
What could be more stupid than for the police to tell the public who they are trying to find? Twenty dollars says the cops have already tried to quiz the roommates and they may, or may not, have agreed to answer questions. The cops certainly don't want to say or do anything that will tip off a suspect so that he can disappear and never be seen again before they nab him (or her). This family, like the Harringtons, desperately needs to shut up and stay out of the police's way---that is, if they actually want the kid to be found. If the family gets a new lead they should share it with the police and shut up afterwards so as not to tip off a lawbreaker and enable a flight to occur. The fact that the cub reporters in this town pander to the clueless hasn't helped anybody yet.
citizen

Crozet, VA

#26 Mar 2, 2013
randomthoughts wrote:
WOW
Thank you Amy Vu and NBC29
The Dashad Smith family need your far reaching voice more than they need the Police.
To those who care for Sage and working for answers.
This is AMAZING !
No it is not amazng at all. It is incredibly stupid and counter productive and pandering doesn't help at all.
MissSagey

Madison, VA

#27 Mar 2, 2013
EnoughAlready wrote:
We have all heard enough about the tranny black who disappeared. First, let's all realize that if you've gone the tranny route, you are likely to suffer from mental illness. With this being the case, the likelihood of co-mingling with other weirdos is also great, as is also the likelihood of other grand finales such as suicide. Unfortunately, for CPD, the mother is a large, angry baboon missing it's (misguided) chimp. Better call NatGeo or Brady Barr!
Really ? Sage was born in the wrong body. He was a kind and sweet person. He did not seem to suffer from mental illness at all, he seemed to be a smart and compassionate person. He had a wonderful sense of style and dressed better than most women, and was very talented at doing hair. For you, or anyone else to just brush him off as "Tranny Black" you should be ashamed of yourself. I also wonder if calling Sage's mother a angry baboon is a racist remark...?
Super Gus

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Mar 2, 2013
I agree the Police could do more. However, for that to happen one must pull the City Police Chief away from ACAC.

Just show up with a camera and Longo will come running.
Concerned

Alexandria, VA

#29 Mar 2, 2013
Again!!!! Oh THE WEB WE WEAVE!!!!!
Crack Scooter

Crozet, VA

#30 Mar 2, 2013
Super Gus wrote:
I agree the Police could do more. However, for that to happen one must pull the City Police Chief away from ACAC.
A million whacked out kids run away from home and their families every a year. I doubt one small town cop working out a few hours a week will change that trend.
Baby Bugtutu

Crozet, VA

#31 Mar 2, 2013
So far there is no evidence that a crime has occurred or that this is anything other than a runaway incident. The family might want to chift their own search away from the snack aisle.
wondering

AOL

#32 Mar 2, 2013
I am confused there is a link to this so called facebook page to find him when you go on it off to the right someone posted a comment to a page that is someone called Sage Unique and it looks just like him and it shows he/she is living in Michigan.. I think he disappeared because he wanted to disappear..
Proud Parent

Palmyra, VA

#33 Mar 2, 2013
One things for sure the CPD is no different than any other PD in this country. Missing persons, especially if they are of legal age are a very low priority. No Police Department is going to share information with anyone pertaining to an open investigation, for all they know (CPD) they might be giving the information to a possible suspect, which is completely understandable. All the family can do is keep the pressure on the CPD to keep them motivated. Having said that, I am a proud Parent of a gay child my heart goes out to the family because I completely understand how difficult life can be for people that don't fit into what some closed minded morons opinion of normal. All of you closed minded morons need to understand also that living an alternate lifestyle in no way means they are drug addicts or criminals, they are human-beings just like the rest of us. You idiots might just be working for one of them so be careful where you express your twisted opinions of people you don't know. One last thing for the family, save your money and hire a Private Investigator, they have access to things that regular citizens don't like Police reports and files so if you want answers don't waste your money on a national Ad a good Private Investigator can also do things the CPD can't because of constitutional laws that prohibit them from getting to the bottom of things quickly. There are organizations that will help you spread the word nationally free of charge, Face Book is a good start but do a Google search for organizations that deal with missing persons and take advantage of any of them that are willing to help spread the word. From what I've seen since moving to Charlottesville 10 years ago the only thing the CPD can find is Spudnuts!!! God Bless and Good Luck...
Siezure Salad

Palmyra, VA

#34 Mar 2, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/perry.jonesiii.7
Cover photo shows as having been updated Feb 23rd.. Dashad went by the names Sage, Sagey and Unique. Seems rather a interesting that this person is "Sagey Carter Unique"
EBT Escalade

Crozet, VA

#35 Mar 2, 2013
Proud Parent wrote:
One things for sure the CPD is no different than any other PD in this country. Missing persons, especially if they are of legal age are a very low priority. No Police Department is going to share information with anyone pertaining to an open investigation, for all they know (CPD) they might be giving the information to a possible suspect, which is completely understandable. All the family can do is keep the pressure on the CPD to keep them motivated. Having said that, I am a proud Parent of a gay child my heart goes out to the family because I completely understand how difficult life can be for people that don't fit into what some closed minded morons opinion of normal. All of you closed minded morons need to understand also that living an alternate lifestyle in no way means they are drug addicts or criminals, they are human-beings just like the rest of us. You idiots might just be working for one of them so be careful where you express your twisted opinions of people you don't know. One last thing for the family, save your money and hire a Private Investigator, they have access to things that regular citizens don't like Police reports and files so if you want answers don't waste your money on a national Ad a good Private Investigator can also do things the CPD can't because of constitutional laws that prohibit them from getting to the bottom of things quickly. There are organizations that will help you spread the word nationally free of charge, Face Book is a good start but do a Google search for organizations that deal with missing persons and take advantage of any of them that are willing to help spread the word. From what I've seen since moving to Charlottesville 10 years ago the only thing the CPD can find is Spudnuts!!! God Bless and Good Luck...
I suspect your investigator skills are right up there with the two sleuths in the photo. Most people have no idea how police departments share information through databases such as the NCIC and missing persons data exchanges. If a person is of majority age no police department can really do too much except spread watch notices all over the country which is the standard SOP. As usual, the crybabies simply need to stay out of the way and let the police do their jobs. Every year millions of adults simply pack up and head for new pastures for whatever reasons and this case might well prove to be one of those---the overwhelming majority do. Unless the family wants to hire a DOD drone to look for this person they might have to wait until he returns. Oh wait, I forgot, Virginia doesn't like drones..........
alabamamom

Tuscaloosa, AL

#36 Mar 2, 2013
EnoughAlready wrote:
We have all heard enough about the tranny black who disappeared. First, let's all realize that if you've gone the tranny route, you are likely to suffer from mental illness. With this being the case, the likelihood of co-mingling with other weirdos is also great, as is also the likelihood of other grand finales such as suicide. Unfortunately, for CPD, the mother is a large, angry baboon missing it's (misguided) chimp. Better call NatGeo or Brady Barr!
I believe that we have heard enough of the bashing of Dashad. You are obviously unintelligent , full of hatred & do not have much to fill up your life to keep on as you do .
alabamamom

Tuscaloosa, AL

#37 Mar 2, 2013
Corey Bender wrote:
I am sick of all these whining parents that just can't stay off TV!
Then you could just make it easy for yourself & stay off the tv . We are tired of low lifes taking our children .
Make sense

Penn Laird, VA

#38 Mar 2, 2013
Super Gus wrote:
What a stupid remark. You, like Kenneth Jackson have no idea what the police have done and they aren't going to tell either one of you. The police can't conduct an investigation in the media and expect positive results.
Make sense

Penn Laird, VA

#39 Mar 2, 2013
Proud Parent wrote:
You obviously need to go back to W.VA. You apparently haven't paid attention to anything since you've lived in Charlottesville. And yes the police have done a great deal with this case and its also apparent this is not a "low priority" case for them.
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Mar 2, 2013
Proud Parent wrote:
A private investigator you say?! Are you serious? I want you to show the rest of us the private investigation firm of "Dickless Tracy and Sheer Luck Holmes" that is willing to pick up their picks and shovels and dig up a good part of the Ricmond city dump to look for clues. You, NBC29 and this family have run out of any consideration that the public might have for you otherwise.
NoThanks

Palmyra, VA

#41 Mar 2, 2013
It has been up for over 8 hours. NBC 29 should have taken it down long ago.
MissSagey wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? Sage was born in the wrong body. He was a kind and sweet person. He did not seem to suffer from mental illness at all, he seemed to be a smart and compassionate person. He had a wonderful sense of style and dressed better than most women, and was very talented at doing hair. For you, or anyone else to just brush him off as "Tranny Black" you should be ashamed of yourself. I also wonder if calling Sage's mother a angry baboon is a racist remark...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Robert Carrillo 29,759
News College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 5 hr Martin 2,030
News Bulldogs post upset win (Jul '09) 18 hr tom wingo 3
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) May 17 tom wingo 84
News Chief shocked by critic, intends to remain (Dec '07) May 16 tom wingo 98
News Second former Illinois player alleges misconduc... May 14 tom wingo 2
News Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) May 13 stewart scott 10,062
More from around the web