DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Le...

DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case

There are 60 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 27, 2013, titled DaShad Smith's Family Suggests New Lead in Missing Persons Case. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Family members of a Charlottesville man who vanished more than three months ago want to take the case to a national level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
What nut

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Hmmm... if the roommates do not want to talk to the police..you know... be snitches.. then what can they do? As you all know, you can't force someone to talk in this society. Now if we were in Turkey... This is ridiculous. I feel bad for the family but these questions are BS. So the police should share their info/interviews with the family? I don't even think that's legal.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
WOW

Thank you Amy Vu and NBC29

The Dashad Smith family need your far reaching voice more than they need the Police.

To those who care for Sage and working for answers.

This is AMAZING !
40 oz malt in bag

Mechanicsville, VA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
The sexual confused boy & girl if in there finial resting place in landfill, Kids you do drugs & do not got to school you end up like this fool. so be cool & stay in & say NO to drugs. Or you will end up in land fill. Sure is a waste of time for C-ville police that could be at 10 th & page looking for more real low life. If it was a Mexican no body would have put in this waste of time , city cops have to keep wasting time or get slammed by al sharpton & jesse jackson & the like !
Mkf

South Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 1, 2013
This is a family that is grieving the loss of a loved one. For all of the people who posted before me, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Have some respect and some sympathy.
Sarah

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
No matter what his issues are / were, the entire situation is very sad.
Siezure Salad

Palmyra, VA

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Boy.. them poor parents sure are pimpin a nice new place to live in with new furniture and all... must be hard to swing that when nobody's working. I guess them donations are coming in handy after all. Better take this thing nation wide cause somebody need to get paid!!
dBaG

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Mar 1, 2013
Kenneth Jackson is a joke. He's not looking out for this young man, he's all about himself. A national BOLO for McFadden? No crime has been committed. So what's the BOLO for? He's not wanted on an arrest warrant because there is no crime at this time. So you can't put out a BOLO. Kenneth needs to let the police work with Lolita and he needs to stay out of it. He's pushing his own agenda.
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#9 Mar 1, 2013
As an adult DaShad has the legal right to "disappear" without notifying anyone. Unfortunately there is no crime scene just lots of speculation which makes this very difficult to investigate and solve
40 oz malt in bag

Mechanicsville, VA

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Siezure Salad wrote:
Boy.. them poor parents sure are pimpin a nice new place to live in with new furniture and all... must be hard to swing that when nobody's working. I guess them donations are coming in handy after all. Better take this thing nation wide cause somebody need to get paid!!
Ya it's a scam , & they all ready where getting 3k a month each ! now mopping up on suckers , will be on chump tv soon [ nationality for big bucks & hand outs ], trucking triggers ! The kid was a dhore & trucked richard .
Asrealastheycome

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Mar 1, 2013
You really should be ashamed of yourself for the ignorant comment that you made. No matter what any child does, they are still someone's child. To call this child a fool makes you a bigger fool. Next time you want to make ignorant comments look in the mirror and begin to write, bet you'll come up with all sorts of ignorant things to say about yourself. Get your life right!!!
40 oz malt in bag wrote:
The sexual confused boy & girl if in there finial resting place in landfill, Kids you do drugs & do not got to school you end up like this fool. so be cool & stay in & say NO to drugs. Or you will end up in land fill. Sure is a waste of time for C-ville police that could be at 10 th & page looking for more real low life. If it was a Mexican no body would have put in this waste of time , city cops have to keep wasting time or get slammed by al sharpton & jesse jackson & the like !
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#13 Mar 1, 2013
Asrealastheycome wrote:
You really should be ashamed of yourself for the ignorant comment that you made. No matter what any child does, they are still someone's child. To call this child a fool makes you a bigger fool. Next time you want to make ignorant comments look in the mirror and begin to write, bet you'll come up with all sorts of ignorant things to say about yourself. Get your life right!!!
<quoted text>
I don't wish to be inflammatory but this person was 19. Legally they are an adult not a child
Make sense

Fairfield, VA

#14 Mar 1, 2013
dBag is absolutely right, with no obvious crime there is nothing to pick McFadden up on. And talk about scaring him into even deeper hiding, just put his face on national TV. The police can't tell Jackson what they are doing because he's already shown he will broadcast it and then anything the police are doing behind the scenes would be useless. Notice that the parents aren't yelling on TV? Most likely because the police ARE keeping them informed and they are smart enough to not tell Jackson either.
nah

Macomb, MI

#15 Mar 1, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
As an adult DaShad has the legal right to "disappear" without notifying anyone. Unfortunately there is no crime scene just lots of speculation which makes this very difficult to investigate and solve
Who said he "disappeared willingly? And if it were a kid like they runaway teen a couple days ago what evidence did they have that she wasn't a runaway too put so much media out for her? So just because she's not legally an adult makes it more of an emergency I believe teens got more reasons to run off with out telling someone then a legal adult does
Make sense

Fairfield, VA

#16 Mar 1, 2013
nah wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said he "disappeared willingly? And if it were a kid like they runaway teen a couple days ago what evidence did they have that she wasn't a runaway too put so much media out for her? So just because she's not legally an adult makes it more of an emergency I believe teens got more reasons to run off with out telling someone then a legal adult does
What?
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#17 Mar 1, 2013
Make sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
That's exactly what i say about that post. I thought my post was clear but I don't think their ability to comprehend is clear
Boodreau

Saraland, AL

#18 Mar 1, 2013
nah wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that. I also can't say that he is the victim of foul play. What I am able to say is this is a difficult case to investigate and solve because as an adult he can legally go anywhere he wishes without informing anyone. If he is the victim of foul play this will be difficult to investigate without a crime scene. This is not just a local problem. Look at how many adults go missing nationally every year. It is unfortunate that these cases rarely give family and friends a satisfactory sense of closure. I am not trying to say this is not heart wrenching for the family and I hope a lead develops
SuzyQ

Chesapeake, OH

#19 Mar 1, 2013
I hope they solve this case soon, for the sake of the family. It would be very devastating not knowing where your loved one is.
One Day Maybe Two

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Mar 1, 2013
There was one day(maybe 2) of media on the girl, and if you count the update that she had been located. I am so sorry DaShad is missing, but like others said unless you have evidence a crime has been committed you can't just go chasing after people that may or may not know something, and other agencies will not get involved with this case for this reason. I'm sure the FBI did not come in and search for the Kube girl. State Police is aware of DaShad's missing status, because he was entered into the system. Law Enforcement of any jurisdiction will be notified if they come across him. I pray that this young adult is found, I'm sure his families hearts are breaking, as well as the hearts of the other 30+ missing adults and 100+ missing children that are currently missing in Virginia.
EnoughAlready

Rocky Mount, VA

#21 Mar 1, 2013
We have all heard enough about the tranny black who disappeared. First, let's all realize that if you've gone the tranny route, you are likely to suffer from mental illness. With this being the case, the likelihood of co-mingling with other weirdos is also great, as is also the likelihood of other grand finales such as suicide. Unfortunately, for CPD, the mother is a large, angry baboon missing it's (misguided) chimp. Better call NatGeo or Brady Barr!
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#22 Mar 1, 2013
Someone wants a piece of the Harrington Pie. It isn't a crime for some one who is over 18 to go "missing". Until a crime is suspected, there isn't much CPD can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri YOUR Tasty Cak 35,357
News Penn State Football: News and notes from a busy... (Jul '12) Jan 4 What phartse 4
News Clemson has goods to beat 'Bama again if Kelly ... Jan 2 HasPhartts 2
News Analysis points: No. 12 Central Florida 34, No.... Jan 1 NationalPhartzs 2
News Defense makes 6-0 win stand over Eagles as Cowb... Jan 1 Juicy Fart Raiders 2
News ESPN's Lunardi predicts NCAA Tournament For SJU Dec 28 JoePhart 2
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web