An Entirely Too Premature and Optimistic Look at Notre Dame Football in 2011

Feb 13, 2011 Full story: www.rakesofmallow.com 66

Browse more photos>> Projecting how a season will go this far in advance is almost guaranteed to go poorly.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Feb 14, 2011
Well Spring ball isn't even here yet but I am already excited about the 2011 season. I don't expect us to be perfect but I do expect improvement accross the board. We aren't bad at any position and the only position that we are remotely thin at is CB. I think things are looking up in a big way but am realistic enough to know that we aren't at the top of the mountain yet. Kinda curious as to how the QB situation will pan out as well as what our offensive identity will be. Are we going to use the run a lot like we did at the end of the season or is Kelly going to open the flood gates with the passing game.I'll know in about 7 months. Until then I will be reading everything that comes out of South Bend. I hate this part of the season were there isn't really any detailed information, just speculation.

United States

#2 Feb 15, 2011
BigDan wrote:
Well Spring ball isn't even here yet but I am already excited about the 2011 season. I don't expect us to be perfect but I do expect improvement accross the board. We aren't bad at any position and the only position that we are remotely thin at is CB. I think things are looking up in a big way but am realistic enough to know that we aren't at the top of the mountain yet. Kinda curious as to how the QB situation will pan out as well as what our offensive identity will be. Are we going to use the run a lot like we did at the end of the season or is Kelly going to open the flood gates with the passing game.I'll know in about 7 months. Until then I will be reading everything that comes out of South Bend. I hate this part of the season were there isn't really any detailed information, just speculation.
Woo hoooo!!! This is the same enthusiasm before last season 5 lost record. Watch out! The Irish are back.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#3 Feb 15, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo hoooo!!! This is the same enthusiasm before last season 5 lost record. Watch out! The Irish are back.
Actually last season I said that we would win 7 games total and the 7th would be from a bowl game, so It was even better than I thought. We basically did what Michigan did, we changed everything, the only difference was we won 8 games and they didn't when they brought in Dick Rod so yeah I would say things are on the up swing. Wish I could say the same about Ohio State but they are just basically getting caught again one more time away from a full fledge NCAA investigation. Have a nice day with that. Ohio State isn't USC so they won't be able to maintain. Maybe things will work out for ya since you have a legit excuse not to play pryor for a while.

“Women Love me, even yours”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 16, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think they are back too.

Zanesville, OH

#5 Feb 16, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually last season I said that we would win 7 games total and the 7th would be from a bowl game, so It was even better than I thought. We basically did what Michigan did, we changed everything, the only difference was we won 8 games and they didn't when they brought in Dick Rod so yeah I would say things are on the up swing. Wish I could say the same about Ohio State but they are just basically getting caught again one more time away from a full fledge NCAA investigation. Have a nice day with that. Ohio State isn't USC so they won't be able to maintain. Maybe things will work out for ya since you have a legit excuse not to play pryor for a while.
Nice to see your happy of you 7 win season. Shows how weak your team I'd and not to have too high of expectations. So when's the next trip your players get to take for free? Or which broad are they gonna bang and impregnant? Lol. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Nice try tho.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 16, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see your happy of you 7 win season. Shows how weak your team I'd and not to have too high of expectations. So when's the next trip your players get to take for free? Or which broad are they gonna bang and impregnant? Lol. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Nice try tho.
ok, how high should the expectations be? By the way, there is no glass house at Notre Dame, we can afford gold. You sound like a typical jealous Notre Dame hater. Thats ok, when people start getting vocal about it, we know we are good. Try not to cry.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 16, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are from Ohio, well you can certainly give advice on not meeting expectations, I think Ohio State invented it. How many tattoo's did Archie get for his Heisman trophies?

Zanesville, OH

#8 Feb 16, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>ok, how high should the expectations be? By the way, there is no glass house at Notre Dame, we can afford gold. You sound like a typical jealous Notre Dame hater. Thats ok, when people start getting vocal about it, we know we are good. Try not to cry.
Your fellow little boy rapist is the first to bash the bucks, so I guess it would tOSU that is on top. Face it, the Irish are nothing in the football world and haven't been for years.

Zanesville, OH

#9 Feb 16, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>I see you are from Ohio, well you can certainly give advice on not meeting expectations, I think Ohio State invented it. How many tattoo's did Archie get for his Heisman trophies?
Lol! Wow, it took you that long to come up with that? Come on man, your supposed to be one of those "prestigious" Irish fans, think of something better. Pls? Besides, when is it a crime to sell off your personal belongings? Let me guess, your one of those people that want big government to provide you with everything too, huh?

Location hidden

#10 Feb 22, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fellow little boy rapist is the first to bash the bucks, so I guess it would tOSU that is on top. Face it, the Irish are nothing in the football world and haven't been for years.
What has The Bucknutz done other than underachieve? I mean they have been a good football team but nothing special. They have just benefitted from the Big sucking over the past 10 years and the easiest schedule in the country every year. It sounds to me like you are jealous of Dan's team.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Wow, it took you that long to come up with that? Come on man, your supposed to be one of those "prestigious" Irish fans, think of something better. Pls? Besides, when is it a crime to sell off your personal belongings? Let me guess, your one of those people that want big government to provide you with everything too, huh?
Selling your Jersey or an Autographed helemet after your playing days are over is one thing. Selling team awards is another, especially when you are still part of the team. I suppose those Notre Dame guys actually care about their school. By the way, who said I was a "prestigious" Irish fan? Thanks for recognizing me as "prestigious" though. I suppose you have good taste in that aspect.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#12 Feb 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
Selling your Jersey or an Autographed helemet after your playing days are over is one thing. Selling team awards is another, especially when you are still part of the team. I suppose those Notre Dame guys actually care about their school. By the way, who said I was a "prestigious" Irish fan? Thanks for recognizing me as "prestigious" though. I suppose you have good taste in that aspect.
I agree with ya.

Zanesville, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>Selling your Jersey or an Autographed helemet after your playing days are over is one thing. Selling team awards is another, especially when you are still part of the team. I suppose those Notre Dame guys actually care about their school. By the way, who said I was a "prestigious" Irish fan? Thanks for recognizing me as "prestigious" though. I suppose you have good taste in that aspect.
Um no. Prestigious was criticism because that would be what most Irish fans think they are. Go figure, that would go over your head. Do you really think that every player for every team in the country has a deep connection for the university they play for? It's a business you dope. It's just something to prepare the stars for the next level. Check our sCAM. Seems like he had a lot if passion for ole miss and Florida lol.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#14 Feb 22, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Um no. Prestigious was criticism because that would be what most Irish fans think they are. Go figure, that would go over your head. Do you really think that every player for every team in the country has a deep connection for the university they play for? It's a business you dope. It's just something to prepare the stars for the next level. Check our sCAM. Seems like he had a lot if passion for ole miss and Florida lol.
You are right, it is a buisness at Ohio State, apparently a lucrative one there. Just happens that it isn't the case at Notre Dame, I guess that just gives you even more to be jealous about, sorry.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 22, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it is a buisness at Ohio State, apparently a lucrative one there. Just happens that it isn't the case at Notre Dame, I guess that just gives you even more to be jealous about, sorry.
Why does that guy from Ohio even post to you? You make him look like an idiot every time he does.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#16 Feb 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that guy from Ohio even post to you? You make him look like an idiot every time he does.
I was thinking the same thing

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 22, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, it is a buisness at Ohio State, apparently a lucrative one there. Just happens that it isn't the case at Notre Dame, I guess that just gives you even more to be jealous about, sorry.
That explains why nd hasn't had a successful program in years. Jealousy isn't in the terminology of a highly successful program. Nice try :).

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 22, 2011
Hugh Jazzcock wrote:
<quoted text>Why does that guy from Ohio even post to you? You make him look like an idiot every time he does.
Bigdan reincarnated again? Or yet another nut gobbler?

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#19 Feb 22, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why nd hasn't had a successful program in years. Jealousy isn't in the terminology of a highly successful program. Nice try :).
Maybe making sense will help you win an argument, you should try it sometime, ya gotta be tired of losing.

United States

#20 Feb 22, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe making sense will help you win an argument, you should try it sometime, ya gotta be tired of losing.
Hmmm? Lose? Nah. Your irish do enough of that. I just got started. 4+ losses by the rapists this year. Another pitiful year for the Irish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 28,494
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Dec 25 Go Blue Forever 1,492
5 reasons Wisconsin football will beat the Ohio... Dec 24 Rager 3
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... Dec 24 dogman67156 1
Alternatives to ESPiN? Dec 22 Pete 1
Trojans in the NFL: Reggie Bush contributes in ... Dec 22 Patriots Club Chub 2
Crossfire going to Nicaragua (Jan '08) Dec 22 arnoldodeigo 5
More from around the web