College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1352 Aug 27, 2014
Could be Marone's hand on Fitzpatrick could have been dealt, unless you know the inside negotiations?.....Have some patience with EJ, cause you weren't making any Super Bowl Reservations anyway, were ya?....lol....I'm a bit easier to please....Bears beat Packers....Michigan beats Ohio State.....Maybe Dolphin's beat the J-E-T-S....TWICE.....my needs are even damn spartan, i think.....lol.....Last year i had to settle for the real Spartans beating the Buckeyes.......we evolve.....My garage still fits our tiny car......tightly packed, between my sleeping Suzuki 650 Savage and my beloved ....70 Mustang Fastback, a past dragon in repose these last 26 years......i need to deal off, them both......but, i am afraid i might buy one of those fancy Trikes....lol...not really......Your Redskins name won't work, cause it's too long to put on a T-shirt.......Why not Braves or Warriors?....Washington Warriors......By God!....Alert the Press.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#1353 Aug 27, 2014
I haven't given up on EJ...Just sayiing that the injury and playing only half a year he hasn't got it yet... the worry is the further behind the curve he falls he less likely it is that he will make up the ground...Was't making Super Bowl plans but the team EJ included just doesn't look very good ...First college game of the year tonight... was aa decent game ...Geo. State a new div.1A team broke a 15 game losing streak... Nice to see a game that counts... was listening to NPR they had on an interview with a guy who was in the state dept during W's last term...he was saying the only way to win in Iraq is to have "Lots of boots on the ground...and we have to stay there till the job gets done...' He was asked how long that mighht be...could be years..In other words the GOP's big idea...re - invade Iraq... shallow slope on that learning curve

Location hidden

#1354 Aug 28, 2014
I still think EJ will do well, eventually....See what you mean about Fitzpatrick....he played for Texans againest the Broncos....Sharp arm, quick release....Watch the Texans D, very talented but the dirtiest in NFL.....Last years exhibition, their LB took out Fins Dustin Keller's knee from the side....horrid to watch and after the whistle......Yeah, i see Texas A&M-S.Carolina.....Love both coaches....Gotta stop by Honda, as my car has this pain-in-the-ass low tire inflation warning light....Cars are getting too complicated...lol.....Hard to imagine, the nightmare of going back into Iraq....Tired of us training an army, that won't fight for it's own country.....GOP is heavily financed by the Military/Industrial Complex....I've been killing them with...Consumer Confidence nears a 7-year high......

Buffalo, NY

#1355 Aug 28, 2014
Fitzpatrick isn't the second coming of Daryl Lamonica...Fitz has slightly below average arm strength ...Lamonica and Leftwitch had the strongest arms I have ever seen .When .Leftwitch came here with Marshall we had chased him out of the pocket he running all out to avoid a sack ... to Darius watts on the opposite side line ... 50 yards all arm throwing against is momentum.. that ball was smoking...
obama's problem is that the GOP is unable to accept good economic news...They will f*ck it up again if they get the chance...Miitch mc Connell was at a Koch brothers strategy session...He said we will undo everything the President has accomplished by packing every bill with riders that will undo ACA or EPA...Dare the president to veto them and shut down the gov't...Those assh*es still have a shut down the gov't fetish...Every time they have in the past it has killed them....I said something about shallow learning curves yesterday
The other half of the Presidents problem is that Dems. have worn them self's out defending him against a flurry of bull...

Buffalo, NY

#1357 Aug 31, 2014
eThe Bills look like a long year is brewing... The Bulls played lax where up 21-0 lost the lead at 24-28...before scoring twice in the later half of the 4th...@Army is next they need to play a better game...FSU and Alabama both had some problems... georgia loooked pretty good
Moore medication roulette ... will need a nap...

Location hidden

#1358 Aug 31, 2014
I was blown away by Todd Girly of Georgia....Best RB game, i have seen in awhile....Michigan looked better than expected....LSU and Florida State did'nt....Jamius Winston's TD run was tremendous....Alabama and FSU sent alot to the NFL, so they may take awhile....Oklahoma State looked under-rated as hell.....UCLA looked unsettled and USC looked fine, so go figure, huh?.....Hope you get to feeling better, post when you feel up to it....

Buffalo, NY

#1359 Sep 2, 2014
Girly is a heck of a player...How aboout Texas A&M v. So. Carolina....pretty good way for the aggies to start the year...Louisville looks good.... could be a tough year in the SEC there are a lot of very good teams but it doesnt look like it has in the recent past with Alabama leading the way...georgia may end up the best team in conference... If you think I am getting distressed at the pace of EJ's developement... Article in the News comparing him to epic bust and team destroyer....JP Losman... In Buffalo being compared to Losman is to be called ...worse than a mere bust.. it is saying you may drag the rest of the team down with you...If he doesnt want to really hear the boo birds sing he best show some progress soon

Location hidden

#1360 Sep 2, 2014
Even though the Hurricanes freshman Qb, wasn't effective....you have to give Louisville-Miami credit for scheduling eachother, WEEK ONE.....Like Georgia-Clemson....Texas A&M was outrageous good....I think the SEC is gonna be fascinating this year....I've got Michigan-Notre Dame this week....Michigan looked much better on offense....TE will be a big deal on Sundays, someday.....Bull, i am really looking forward to Seattle-Green Bay, this Thursday.....also to seeing if the Bears offense is as good as they look....and if the D can hold EJ and the Bill's ........Find out if Tannehill has improved.....2nd round pick Carr to start for the Raiders, a bold move....I love em, but what do they really have to lose?......

Buffalo, NY

#1361 Sep 2, 2014
Looking forward to thursday as well.... could be the best two teams in foootball...Sec will be a great show again this year ...but the top 6 tams are more equal than in the past so it will be a interestng season... Yep I give credit to anyone who slates a tough opening game Georgia v. Clemson.... or S. Caro V. Texas A&M or LSU v. Wisc. it says more aboutt you than beating Duquense... If the Bears don't stuff the Bills Offense it will be a long seson in Chicago.... MLS UPdate... New England 3-0.... well what do you knows ... maybe a winning streak... they were starting to totaly un ravel

Location hidden

#1362 Sep 2, 2014
Jim Irsay $500,000 fine....eek....PTI went off on the entire NFL, for Micheal Sam not even making a practice team....over 300 signed to practice squads...Dallas is giving him a physical...Hope he is judged more on just his football skills......Lotta talk about the Bills paying Kyle Orton $5 mill?....Could they be edgy about EJ?.....LSU-Wisconsin was a good game, i fell asleep with Badgers ahead.....lol....Biggy this weekend...Michigan State at Oregon.....that's must see T.V.....Talking about long seasons in Chicago, I've known a few.....1969....Cubs have entire infeild in the All-Star game, yet blow it to the Mets....still a nightmare to some of us....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1363 Sep 2, 2014
Michigan state and Oregon is a literal playoff game... The loser will be hard pressed to make it...mid-western ball v. the west coast ....basketball on grass...that will be the game of the week...Notre Damn v. your Michigan Wolverines classic... I alwayys felt ... with my ancient mindset that the Irish belong in the Big 10. Penn State belongs in the Big east... Oh never mind...next thing I know... Buffalo will be a Pac 10 school..
It will get ugy for EJ if he dooesnt show some signs of gettting it....We may have cheered Scott Norwood after his Super Bowl miss but Losman and Rob Johnson are curse words and in the last week.... it was said more than once

Location hidden

#1364 Sep 2, 2014
Yeah, i agree that Penn State actually belongs in with Syracuse, Boston College and maybe, Buffalo if they are up to it.....but, they play like a B-10 team now.....Wes Welker just got 4 games for speed....guess the concussions weren't the worst of his worries, eh?....Wow, is that the Michigan Rob Johnson?.....I'm the guy that thought the Boz, was gonna rip it up in the NFL....I still remember Bo Jackson running over him, and into the endzone.....Notre Dame punked out on Michigan, and this is the last game, so i hope we really kick ass......Bear's D was poor last season, so you might get scared if EJ does'nt do well....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#1365 Sep 2, 2014
this Rob Johnson was a USC grad...Aquired from Jax'ville for draft picks....he looked the part tall strong armed...no brain...At that time we had doug flutie short....weak armed winner....any way we had also wasted time with Todd Collins..he waas a michigan grad .... I wont panic if EJ has bad game..... But here he was given a total free pass by the fans.... on last year itt is clear that the fans and new paper writers have become concerned

Location hidden

#1366 Sep 3, 2014
I'd say signing Orton show's some concern....Orton is actually pretty good, as seen in stints with Denver and Chicago.....Dallas would be smart to sign Sam....Jersey sales and their D sucks. plus the SEC Defensive Player of the Year deserves a longer look......I recall Todd Collins, he actually beat out Brady for awhile....Still smarting from that Welker suspension, as i have been a fan since he was a Dolphin, on the way up.....You should know, that "Really", a GR forum troll, is stalking this thread....she is about as bitter, petty and snotty as you will ever find....lol.....Unregistered, of course.....Lotta Sad and bitterness on this forum, kinda like Kentucky.....

Buffalo, NY

#1367 Sep 3, 2014
Todd Collins sure looked the part and had enough arm strength... what killed him a an NFL starter was being slow in a couple of key areas...his feet and his ability to read the play....He was the starter here briefly.... Orton is as good a back-up as there is...and we need thhat because EJ is not a proven and he did get hurt twice last season.... TheBuffalo News says we are down too three possible owners for the Buffalo Billls...Terry Pagula who is the Sabres owner...The Toronto group and Donald Trump.... Sooo we have a stalker or is that a fan club.... had no idea we were at all interesting...

Location hidden

#1368 Sep 3, 2014
Todd Collins was the Qb at one of the Orange Bowl games, possibly againest Alabama.....many moons ago....Dennard Robinson is the first Michigan Qb, not to play Qb in the NFL for a looong time.....too bad Jax has'nt figured out how to use him, like a Wes Welker......Sabre's owner sounds like your best bet, at least of staying there....I see Bon Jovi walked away from the Toronto guys?.....I would'nt trust Trump, though i have known several of his employees, and they like him.....This domestic abuse rule is gonna be a problem as, your Uncle may tell you women have ways of abusing that law, more often than you might think......

Buffalo, NY

#1369 Sep 4, 2014
i hadnn't seen Dennard Robinson with the Jags too often ....From what I saw his recieving skills are a bit behind... too bad kid was a great athelete...That happens so often to college QB's Some times they just don't fit well into pro schemes...Packers v. SeaHawks ... can't wait...Will be interesting seeing what thhe Giants hve... the Rams withh out Bradford...Also who will end up owning the Bills...I am sure some woman will guss'y up charges against an NFL husband... But there will most likely be 12 legit wife beaters that we never hear of per one of those...Once married to the star ... you got 1\2 his future cash with out a charge of any kind ...In fact a charge may cost thhe woman by diminishing hiis future paydays..... But there are enough psycho-b*tches runnng loose who would punish a cheating husband that way , so what ever process the NFL has in place they do need to monitor it.

Location hidden

#1370 Sep 4, 2014
Robinson hurt his elbow and was never the same as a thrower, but he could be used like a Jesse Hester, flanker and kick returns....Anxious to see how long the Jags can resist Bortles.....Wanna see Russell Wilson and the Seahawks tonight....kick the Packers around....The Bear rivalry starts agin, on new season.....Did you know Olivia Munn is dating Packer's Qb Rogers?....She is incredibly hot and on HBO's Newsroom.....Another reason to see him sacked...lol.....You understand what i mean about domestic abuse being a gender-specific charge....A girlfriend/wife could destroy a career, with dropping two dimes on the Cops.....I'd imagine some teams are having L.E. or Attorney's teach the players, how exactly the law works....it would be money well spent.....Michigan-ND is a night game....cool beans.....

Buffalo, NY

#1371 Sep 5, 2014
well it is true that domestic violence is exclusively a male gender charge ... and your right the league and the players union need to educate players even if some of them have negative learning curves... But it was obvious the league had to do something in it's handling of the issue. Another 4 game suspension for a slap down that is on Utube just isnt in the NFL's interest...Ran into a guy i knew from high school.. he was Mr. Football ..now he is an assistant coach in high school he told me he has a pair of brothers on the o-line the eldest a Jr. 6'4 295...the 16 year old little brother 6'7 325...D-1 schools are drooling... Two college upset specials...Northern Illinois could beat Northwestern and Toledo could beat Missouri

Location hidden

#1372 Sep 5, 2014
Surprised you did'nt mention the beatdown on the Pack....Seattle looks better than last year....Wilson look's sharper....Rogers never even threw at Sherman, the whole game....Amazing.....Dolphin's unbeaten season could be in jeopardy...lol....That NFL domestic violence rule is kinda overkill, when you consider any U.S. Police Dept, would'nt hold you more than 24 hours for it.....maybe some anger management training......Wife want's shopping in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow....Only cool, since all the good games start at 3:30 PM..........USC-Stanford is a biggie also....I like Steve Sarkesian and hope he works out at USC.....Those highschool kids are mammoth,,,,,,We had a black 6'9" Basketball player transfer in at my school....Back then they would entice parents with jobs and housing, back in Chicago in our time.....Hell, Dick Butkus went to Chicago Vocational H.S., and his family lived like 15 miles away....lol.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News WSU football recruiting: Tyquez Hampton picks C... Jun 12 huey goins 2
News Hugh Freeze Calls For Change to Mississippi Sta... (Jul '15) Jun 9 Concerned oxfordian 5
News D1Baseball: Birdball Locked Into Field May 31 Jane Ann 1
News Antonio Callaway isn't enrolled at Florida, acc... May 31 Jane Ann 1
News Bulldogs take fight-filled opener (Jul '09) May 31 Burlington Stampe... 3
More from around the web