SEC Football: 7 Teams with the Most a...

SEC Football: 7 Teams with the Most at Stake This Spring

There are 18 comments on the BleacherReport story from Mar 4, 2013, titled SEC Football: 7 Teams with the Most at Stake This Spring. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

The spring isn't all about bunnies, butterflies and flowers. Naw, in SEC country, it marks the beginning of a future championship team, especially if that team's name is Alabama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

joey

Livonia, LA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
to hell with this topic and lets talk of miles and coed rumor!rumors are great news for the press but they never say who started them!obama was rumored to go down on men in college!i would believe the obama rumor way before the miles rumor?

“Summertime in Dixie”

Since: Jan 13

The land of TACKLE football

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Let's NOT talk about Obuma on here. This is one forum I can get away from that crap.

Anyway, LSU has probably the toughest schedule in the country this year which will help their standings. On the other hand, injuries will be a problem without depth, especially at the (L) tackle position. The media are already starting their usual garbage, trying to belittle the mighty SEC, but no worries, another NC is on the way.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
Anyway, LSU has probably the toughest schedule in the country this year which will help their standings. On the other hand, injuries will be a problem without depth, especially at the (L) tackle position. The media are already starting their usual garbage, trying to belittle the mighty SEC, but no worries, another NC is on the way.
And hopefully for your Tigers, by having such "tough" games against powerhouses like UAB, Kent St, and Furman, will again help them along the way! It never changes for you inner-circle, delusional fans... LMFAO

There is no true NC representative until the playoff system is implemented!!!

“Summertime in Dixie”

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>And hopefully for your Tigers, by having such "tough" games against powerhouses like UAB, Kent St, and Furman, will again help them along the way! It never changes for you inner-circle, delusional fans... LMFAO
You've obviously been working too hard on the taco truck. The Tigers, Tide, Dawgs and the Gators (maybe a surprise from the Game Cocks) will dominate this coming year, it's just inevitable. Also rans will be OSU, ND, Oregon and Nebraska. Maybe SC if they fire Kiffy and ask for forgiveness from the football deity. No, wait, never mind... I'll get disowned and my plate broken if I don't take that back,(taken back). But I'll give you an amen on the playoff, it needs to happen. Did you say hey to cuz for me?

San Marino, CA

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>You've obviously been working too hard on the taco truck. The Tigers, Tide, Dawgs and the Gators (maybe a surprise from the Game Cocks) will dominate this coming year, it's just inevitable. Also rans will be OSU, ND, Oregon and Nebraska. Maybe SC if they fire Kiffy and ask for forgiveness from the football deity. No, wait, never mind... I'll get disowned and my plate broken if I don't take that back,(taken back). But I'll give you an amen on the playoff, it needs to happen. Did you say hey to cuz for me?
Nope, just do light work on exposing extremely weak SEC OOC schedules which give all your teams your share of automatic victories and lets you rest your starters most quarters of those games. USC might play one Mid Major a year and we NEVER play a Division AA school!

Is case you forget or are the usual SEC fan who like to sidestep or completely dismiss or ignore this, here is a reminder of ALL those weakling teams your conference boys played just last season:

All Mid Major Opponents
Alabama plays Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, and Western Carolina
Arkansas plays Jacksonville State and Louisiana Monroe
Auburn plays Louisiana Monroe and Alabama A&M
Florida plays Louisiana Lafayette and Jacksonville State
Georgia plays Buffalo and Georgia Southern
Kentucky plays Kent State, Western Kentucky, and Samford
LSU plays North Texas and Towson
Mississippi State plays Jackson State, Troy, and Middle Tennessee
Missouri plays Southeastern Louisiana
Ole Miss plays Central Arkansas, UTEP, and Tulane
South Carolina plays East Carolina, and Wofford
Tennessee plays Georgia State, Akron, and Troy
Texas A&M plays Louisiana Tech, South Carolina State, and Sam Houston State
Vanderbilt plays Presbyterian and Massachusetts

All Division AA teams Opponents
Alabama plays Western Carolina-Southern
Arkansas plays Jacksonville State-Ohio Valley
Auburn plays Alabama A&M-SWAC
Florida plays Jacksonville State-Ohio Valley
Georgia plays Georgia Southern-Southern
Kentucky plays and Samford-Southern
LSU plays Towson- Southern
Mississippi State plays Jackson State-SWAC
Missouri plays Southeastern Louisiana-Southland
Ole Miss plays Central Arkansas-Southland
South Carolina plays Wofford-Southern
Tennessee plays Georgia State-Colonial
Texas A&M plays South Carolina State-MEAC, and Sam Houston State-Southland
Vanderbilt plays Presbyterian-Big South

That is a lot of bullshyt games... HaHa

“Summertime in Dixie”

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just do light work on exposing extremely weak SEC OOC schedules which give all your teams your share of automatic victories and lets you rest your starters most quarters of those games. USC might play one Mid Major a year and we NEVER play a Division AA school!
Is case you forget or are the usual SEC fan who like to sidestep or completely dismiss or ignore this, here is a reminder of ALL those weakling teams your conference boys played just last season:
All Mid Major Opponents
Alabama plays Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, and Western Carolina
Arkansas plays Jacksonville State and Louisiana Monroe
Auburn plays Louisiana Monroe and Alabama A&M
Florida plays Louisiana Lafayette and Jacksonville State
Georgia plays Buffalo and Georgia Southern
Kentucky plays Kent State, Western Kentucky, and Samford
LSU plays North Texas and Towson
Mississippi State plays Jackson State, Troy, and Middle Tennessee
Missouri plays Southeastern Louisiana
Ole Miss plays Central Arkansas, UTEP, and Tulane
South Carolina plays East Carolina, and Wofford
Tennessee plays Georgia State, Akron, and Troy
Texas A&M plays Louisiana Tech, South Carolina State, and Sam Houston State
Vanderbilt plays Presbyterian and Massachusetts
All Division AA teams Opponents
Alabama plays Western Carolina-Southern
Arkansas plays Jacksonville State-Ohio Valley
Auburn plays Alabama A&M-SWAC
Florida plays Jacksonville State-Ohio Valley
Georgia plays Georgia Southern-Southern
Kentucky plays and Samford-Southern
LSU plays Towson- Southern
Mississippi State plays Jackson State-SWAC
Missouri plays Southeastern Louisiana-Southland
Ole Miss plays Central Arkansas-Southland
South Carolina plays Wofford-Southern
Tennessee plays Georgia State-Colonial
Texas A&M plays South Carolina State-MEAC, and Sam Houston State-Southland
Vanderbilt plays Presbyterian-Big South
That is a lot of bullshyt games... HaHa
First I have to say that unless that list is a cut and paste, you spent some effort in your point report. Yes, I will concede that those are cupcake teams that you've listed. The reason for this is that those smaller teams aggressively lobby for a tough, non-conference game with a powerhouse for a boost in schedule strength, improvement by playing a top tier team, and a butt-load of revenue when those teams roll in. The powerhouse team benefits by using these games to try out new offense or defense schemes, a chance for underclassmen to get field time and yes an easy win with an opportunity to convalesce injuries. The USChickens play at least four games with teams that went 3-9 or worse last season, so don't get too uppity CT.

San Marino, CA

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>First I have to say that unless that list is a cut and paste, you spent some effort in your point report. Yes, I will concede that those are cupcake teams that you've listed. The reason for this is that those smaller teams aggressively lobby for a tough, non-conference game with a powerhouse for a boost in schedule strength, improvement by playing a top tier team, and a butt-load of revenue when those teams roll in. The powerhouse team benefits by using these games to try out new offense or defense schemes, a chance for underclassmen to get field time and yes an easy win with an opportunity to convalesce injuries. The USChickens play at least four games with teams that went 3-9 or worse last season, so don't get too uppity CT.
No that is not cut and paste, it is my own research. The media is way too NCAA pusssie whips to ever contest their current NC breadwinner conference. I have heard ALL the excuse as to why it is beneficial to both sides, but I view it as blood money games. These teams know they have no chance in hell but are willing to take a beating just to get some revenue, literally "taking one for the team" so to speak. I am not being uppity other then in saying USC never plays Division AA schools, and we otherwise compete mostly against Auto Qualifying Conference opponents (Pac12, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Big East, ACC). At least those teams have the same resources and revenue to recruit the same caliber of players. You think a school like Jacksonville State is ever going to pull a recruit away from Florida, or Alabama A&M from Auburn, etc? Once all SEC teams start to play major Conference opponents in their OOC schedule, then I would finally say your conference plays the toughest schedules.

I appreciate you at least hearing me out instead of the usual sidestepping rhetoric I get from the over-zealous, SEC rah-rah fans...

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#8 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>And hopefully for your Tigers, by having such "tough" games against powerhouses like UAB, Kent St, and Furman, will again help them along the way! It never changes for you inner-circle, delusional fans... LMFAO
> Certainly not USC! LMAO!!! Let's see ... the SEC has 7 BCS NC Crystal Football trophies IN A ROW!!! Holy Cow!!! Jumpin' Jehosaphat!!! Unbelievable!!! Spectacular!!! Remarkable!!! Stupendous!!! Universal!!! Art Deco Manish!!!
...yep, that pretty much sums it up... the SEC the one, the only, the BCS Championship Conference Extraordinaire! It's Professor Artie's Great SEC Domino Theory (Direct from the Word of God): And the Almighty looked down upon the fertile grounds of Dixie, and said in His majestic voice, "Let the first imposter to the BCS NC Crystal Football Trophy, fall like the walls of Jericho." So it was said ... so it was done! And after all the wailing and discontent from the frozen tundra of Ohio was done, God said, "Bring on the next sacrificial lamb" ... and low and behold, here comes Ohio State again. God whispers to his Arch-Angel Gabriel, "You think they would have learned their lesson last year" BOOM!!! LSU runs the Buckaroos back to Ohio in the 2005 Columbus Trail of Tears. And the SEC domino victims kept on falling ... thump, thump, thump, thump, thump... to be continued!
>:)

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>No that is not cut and paste, it is my own research. The media is way too NCAA pusssie whips to ever contest their current NC breadwinner conference. I have heard ALL the excuse as to why it is beneficial to both sides, but I view it as blood money games. These teams know they have no chance in hell but are willing to take a beating just to get some revenue, literally "taking one for the team" so to speak. I am not being uppity other then in saying USC never plays Division AA schools, and we otherwise compete mostly against Auto Qualifying Conference opponents (Pac12, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Big East, ACC). At least those teams have the same resources and revenue to recruit the same caliber of players. You think a school like Jacksonville State is ever going to pull a recruit away from Florida, or Alabama A&M from Auburn, etc? Once all SEC teams start to play major Conference opponents in their OOC schedule, then I would finally say your conference plays the toughest schedules.
I appreciate you at least hearing me out instead of the usual sidestepping rhetoric I get from the over-zealous, SEC rah-rah fans...
> You, of all people shouldn't be complaining about the SEC's OOC schedule. Face facts, USC year in and year out has one of the weakest division-1 schedules in college football. You Trajon fans ought to be demanding your AD schedule at least one BCS quality team to play each year. And, what kind of conspiracy is your Trajon Athletic Department pulling with not having to play Stanford or Oregon this coming season. Talk about WUSSING out of competition. That's two sure losses for the pathetic Trajons that somehow disappears from their already weak football schedule. Unbelievable! How chicken$#!+ can you get? CT you should keep your big hot air pie hole closed trying to belittle the SEC's schedules.

Yours truly,
Artie the Hammer (Putting the final nail in your coffin)

San Marino, CA

#10 Mar 8, 2013
We play ND every year (many teams with both our teams in the Top 10) and other BCS teams, not Mark Furman college among others. I will give credit that LSU has stepped up and played Oregon and Alabama played a Big Ten school, but to only play overhyped inner-conference games and then just await the rankings to put you in one game for a NC shot is not the correct solution. The playoff system is the only way to make teams play high caliber BCS opponents 2 or 3 games in a row at season end on way to the Title. And the SEC could very well prove to just keep winning under the new format, but that would help offset ALL those easy/assured victories your bench players win every year against the MidMajors and Div AA schools...FACT!

San Marino, CA

#11 Mar 8, 2013
(many times)

San Marino, CA

#12 Mar 8, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> CT you should keep your big hot air pie hole closed trying to belittle the SEC's schedules.
Yours truly,
Artie the Hammer (Putting the final nail in your coffin)
See above post as the facts remain the same (Mister Towson/North Texas).

NCAA NEEDS A PLAYOFF SYSTEM OUTSIDE OF THE MEDIA COVETED SEC CONFERENCE

“Summertime in Dixie”

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>No that is not cut and paste, it is my own research. The media is way too NCAA pusssie whips to ever contest their current NC breadwinner conference. I have heard ALL the excuse as to why it is beneficial to both sides, but I view it as blood money games. These teams know they have no chance in hell but are willing to take a beating just to get some revenue, literally "taking one for the team" so to speak. I am not being uppity other then in saying USC never plays Division AA schools, and we otherwise compete mostly against Auto Qualifying Conference opponents (Pac12, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Big East, ACC). At least those teams have the same resources and revenue to recruit the same caliber of players. You think a school like Jacksonville State is ever going to pull a recruit away from Florida, or Alabama A&M from Auburn, etc? Once all SEC teams start to play major Conference opponents in their OOC schedule, then I would finally say your conference plays the toughest schedules.
I suppose that if I was a USChicken fan, I would see things with a different point of view, as you do. Your point is a good one but think of the teams the SEC plays in-conference, they're almost all NC quality teams,(with the usual exceptions), and every weekend is brutal. The truth is that a lot of powerhouse teams wont take a non-conference game with another powerhouse for mutual reasons. OOC teams steer way clear of the SEC and the SEC teams are guilty as well. But you know it's in the contract that we have to break each others balls about this, right? With that said, tell your cousin "hey" and keep the game ball inflated. Go SEC!

#14 Mar 13, 2013
I Wish I Was In The Land of Cotton Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>See above post as the facts remain the same (Mister Towson/North Texas).
NCAA NEEDS A PLAYOFF SYSTEM OUTSIDE OF THE MEDIA COVETED SEC CONFERENCE
> The SEC is not MEDIA COVETED ... but, MEDIA COVERED, because the SEC IS THE DOMINANT CFB CONFERENCE in the universe. FACT!!! Yes, the SEC earned that PREMIERE DISTINCTION by kickin'@ss and takin' names! Try SEVEN CFB National Championships in a row! And we didn't have to cheat to get them! MMMMMUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!
>:D

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#15 Mar 13, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The SEC is MEDIA COVETED because the SEC IS THE DOMINANT CONFERENCE almost solely thanks to Alabama, FACT!!! Yes, the SEC earned that PREMIERE DISTINCTION by kickin'@ss, or in the case of my LSU Tigers, kicking heads in bar parking lots! And we didn't have to cheat to get there, although I am worried they are catching on to our secrets! MMMMMUUUUUUHAH TO ALL THOSE MANLY SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OUT THERE!!!
>:D
Careful there Coach, you may be letting the Tiger cat out of the bag ;)

Go Coach Artie, Go Southern Mud Coffee!
joey

Maringouin, LA

#16 Mar 17, 2013
its the same old crap knocking the sec from outsiders as does the chosen traveler?they dont play sec teams and play pussies in their conference not to mention their regular beat up kids?this doesent apply to oregon whom is real!ohio state and their coach are the worst of patsy football?play nobodies to go undefeated and the sports announcers go wild for them?then bowl game time comes and they get their ass whipped!traveler, your school doesent have a coach that ran from the sec with heart failure and made a mirrical recovery to osu?i really have no problems with usc!they are good!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#17 Mar 18, 2013
joey wrote:
its the same old crap knocking the sec from outsiders as does the chosen traveler?they dont play sec teams and play pussies in their conference not to mention their regular beat up kids?this doesent apply to oregon whom is real!ohio state and their coach are the worst of patsy football?play nobodies to go undefeated and the sports announcers go wild for them?then bowl game time comes and they get their ass whipped!traveler, your school doesent have a coach that ran from the sec with heart failure and made a mirrical recovery to osu?i really have no problems with usc!they are good!
Oh my there Mister joey, you seem to be as upset and my friend Professor Artie when it comes to defending the SEC and all the talk around the country about their out of conference opponents :/

But don't worry, I stand with you. We Bruins are starting to jump on Oregon's bandwagon like you fellas are doing with Alabama. I think it is the right move for teams like LSU and UCLA that never get the "real" respect ;)

Go Bruins, Go Tigers, Go underdogs!

San Marino, CA

#18 Mar 27, 2013
joey wrote:
lower case joey, you are sounding as redundant as your fellow SEC kool-aid drinker (f)Art Deco Man.

GO VANDERBILT
GO KENTUCKY
GO SEC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 34,839
News Tennessee Recruiting: Cade Mays and Adrian Mart... Nov 14 ThisPhartss 2
News No. 10 Ohio State bounces back to beat No. 13 M... Nov 11 ForPhartzs 2
News Washington State addressing kickoff coverage af... Nov 9 Is Phartts 2
News Notre Dame Avoids The Trap On A Weird Day In Co... Nov 5 IfPhart 2
News Clean slate: Browns' Gordon reinstated by NFL o... Nov 2 Getting Farts 2
News Millard eager for rematch with Bucs (Oct '10) Oct 27 IsPhartz 3
More from around the web