Tom Brady is Overrated

Full story: Dr. U 10,033
Tom Brady of the New England Patriots is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. Full Story

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#10069 Oct 29, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
Then nobody should be polled... fans, players, coaches, owners, media ... because being objective doesn't exist.
Let the year end records do the speaking, and not a writer for SI trying to meet his deadline.
Calm down, Sam. I think you're overreacting.

There are many ways to look at a list of players objectively, it just depends on what empirical data is relevant to the poll. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/ is a website dedicated to making objective determinations of this kind.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#10070 Oct 29, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, Sam. I think you're overreacting.
There are many ways to look at a list of players objectively, it just depends on what empirical data is relevant to the poll. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/ is a website dedicated to making objective determinations of this kind.
I'm not upset in any kind of way. It's just that SI should be a publication that sets the standard in monthly publications. I will check out your website.

Do you like where tOSU is sitting at this point in time? I know they can't advance into post season play, but isn't it a matter of pride now? I hope Miller is ok. Only thing that matters is the Michigan game anyway. lol

Hunker down for the storm. Don't know what we can expect except for high winds and rain in our state.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#10071 Oct 29, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not upset in any kind of way. It's just that SI should be a publication that sets the standard in monthly publications.
SI produces this list every year. Last year Terrell Owens was at the top. They also list the richest NFL players in terms of yearly salary (Peyton Manning), and, in conjunction with the Nielsen rating service, the most/least likeable players (Troy Polamalu). I don't really take it seriously. More just amusing reading.

I will check out your website.[/QUOTE}

This is one of the most quoted websites in sports. They have an entire staff/contributors of journalist/mathematicians who crunch the numbers in every way possible. There's a section under the CHFF Library tab called "Charts and Lists". It's a goldmine of best-ever. They also have an "Archives" section. One of the archived stories is their "Top Ten QBs of all-time" list. Interesting reading.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/...

And, btw, I think you and CatOwner missed the greatest multi-position player in the history of the NFL, Sammy Baugh.

[QUOTE]Do you like where tOSU is sitting at this point in time? I know they can't advance into post season play, but isn't it a matter of pride now? I hope Miller is ok. Only thing that matters is the Michigan game anyway. lol
The Buckeyes have an excellent shot at finishing 12-0. Wouldn't that be something. I just hope the football world doesn't go overboard in giving Meyer credit for "turning around a floundering program". When Coach Tressel left the program two short years ago, it was in excellent shape. Meyers is winning all those games with Coach Tressels players.

If the Buckeyes win-out it will be interesting to see where the AP ranks them. I can't see them jumping over Alabama or Oregon, to take the #1 spot, but crazier things have happened. In any event, we have a lot to look forward to.

Hunker down for the storm. Don't know what we can expect except for high winds and rain in our state.
Yeah, Sandy is really blasting the east coast. My grandmother is helping one of her friends shut down a cabin she has just off Lake Eerie. She called to tell us the winds were getting very high and it was raining like crazy. She and her friend are going to try to ride the storm out in the cabin. I swear, old people are like teenagers; they all think they are invincible. I'm going to get ulcers trying to keep up with her...

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#10072 Oct 29, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not upset in any kind of way. It's just that SI should be a publication that sets the standard in monthly publications.
SI produces this list every year. Last year Terrell Owens was at the top. They also list the richest NFL players in terms of yearly salary (Peyton Manning), and, in conjunction with the Nielsen rating service, the most/least likeable players (Troy Polamalu). I don't really take it seriously. More just amusing reading.

I will check out your website.
This is one of the most quoted websites in sports. They have an entire staff/contributors of journalist/mathematicians who crunch the numbers in every way possible. There's a section under the CHFF Library tab called "Charts and Lists". It's a goldmine of best-ever. They also have an "Archives" section. One of the archived stories is their "Top Ten QBs of all-time" list. Interesting reading.

And, btw, I think you and CatOwner missed the greatest multi-position player in the history of the NFL, Sammy Baugh.

Do you like where tOSU is sitting at this point in time? I know they can't advance into post season play, but isn't it a matter of pride now? I hope Miller is ok. Only thing that matters is the Michigan game anyway. lol
The Buckeyes have an excellent shot at finishing 12-0. Wouldn't that be something. I just hope the football world doesn't go overboard in giving Meyer credit for "turning around a floundering program". When Coach Tressel left the program two short years ago, it was in excellent shape. Meyers is winning all those games with Coach Tressels players.

If the Buckeyes win-out it will be interesting to see where the AP ranks them. I can't see them jumping over Alabama or Oregon, to take the #1 spot, but crazier things have happened. In any event, we have a lot to look forward to.

Yeah, Sandy is really blasting the east coast. My grandmother is helping one of her friends shut down a cabin she has just off Lake Eerie. She called to tell us the winds were getting very high and it was raining like crazy. She and her friend are going to try to ride the storm out in the cabin. I swear, old people are like teenagers; they all think they are invincible. I'm going to get ulcers trying to keep up with her...
agree

United States

#10073 Oct 29, 2012
www.GetvipNews[dot]com/Tom-Bra dy-is-Overrated

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#10074 Oct 30, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anybody is suggesting he is the best, just one of the best. The NFL now has a number of very good QBs.
The main reason I posted that poll was to show the level of envy and animosity that exists towards NFL stars even amomg the NFL players, themselves. It goes a long ways towards explaining the, sometimes, irrational biases the fans have for their favorite players.
If a guy who plays on the same field with these NFL stars can't form an objective opinion of a fellow player, how are the fans supposed to?
I can't disagree with that post.

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#10075 Oct 30, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I see Brady made the list, but it doesn't mean he is not a very good QB. However, I hesitate to call him the best, especially after his last two Super Bowl performances.
Eli Manning made the list, as well, which is rather humorous to say the least.

“Back at'cha!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere near you...

#10076 Oct 30, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I can't disagree with that post.
I think there's some merit to what he's saying.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#10077 Oct 30, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's when you realize there is more going on than just a player evaluating another player's ability. Everybody wants to be the big dog.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#10078 Oct 31, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
A player's ability cannot always be measured by statistics alone. Eli Manning is not the best QB in the game, but when the game is on the line, he is as good as they come. It is almost as if his teammates expect him to come through.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#10079 Oct 31, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's when you realize there is more going on than just a player evaluating another player's ability. Everybody wants to be the big dog.
Absolutely!

Akron, Ohio

#10081 Nov 19, 2012
Tiff is a cow pattie? lmao
patsfan12

Barrington, RI

#10082 Dec 17, 2012
EVERYONE WHO IS A TOM BRADY HATER IS JUST SO JEALOUS THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEMSELVES. every nfl fan, if u had brady as your qb i guarantee you wouldn't be on here complaining. watch him play. look up his records. then u can accurately decide whether this certain hall of famer is "overrated"

Akron, Ohio

#10084 Dec 17, 2012
Tiff is a Lard Pie? lmao

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#10086 Dec 17, 2012
Hwe is one of the best pure passers in the game, but he does have a mobility issue. He is not as well rounded as Aaron Rodgers who is a very good runner in addition to being a very fine passer.
Packer Fan

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#10087 Dec 21, 2012
jim from buffalo wrote:
I have been saying that for years. Brady is over rated. You could take any QB from any team even second strigers and put them on new england with the same results brady has had.
You sir are an incredible moron.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#10088 Dec 29, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand how you feel about Meyer, but we're only half way through the season that has some tough games remaining. As far as Pryor goes, he doesn't play very often. He's 3rd string behind Palmer and Leinart. The Raiders are possibly going to change his QB position to recoup their investment from that supplemental draft. So, knowing that Tressel was good at what he does, I'm not sure yet how it has helped Terelle.
Speak of the devil, look who's starting for Oakland this Sunday:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8787926/ter...

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#10089 Dec 29, 2012
Mister Awful wrote:
OK...what's your take on the Seahawks/Packers? Was that a bad call? If so, was it detrimental to the outcome of the game? The ruling was simultaneous reception. Did they get it right?
Well MA, upon further review...

Akron, Ohio

#10090 Dec 30, 2012
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak of the devil, look who's starting for Oakland this Sunday:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8787926/ter...
LOL I can top that ... guess who is the starting QB for the Browns today. Thad Lewis!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#10091 Dec 30, 2012
Brady is definitely one of the top 5 QBs in football and possibly the best pure passer today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) 3 hr Buffalo Bull 1,484
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Bruin For Life 28,405
The possible 2015 landing spots for Jay Cutler Dec 18 Re turbaned to Feet 4
Bowl game matchups: Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati Dec 17 Shelly 1
Murray sets new NFL rushing record Dec 17 Da Squirts 18
UH wants that Kevin Sumlin swag back: Firing go... Dec 16 Madd Dogg 1
K-State's Liu marches to his own beat (Aug '07) Dec 15 Fuckboy 69 3
More from around the web