Is USC Still an Elite Football Progra...

Is USC Still an Elite Football Program? ESPN Minions Say No

There are 4 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Is USC Still an Elite Football Program? ESPN Minions Say No. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

After an almost a decade long run of brilliance in which the football team at USC routinely beat all comers, the tables have turned, The national fans of college football are getting their revenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#1 Aug 25, 2010
Touche!!!

SANCTION ON

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#2 Aug 26, 2010
The end of the article:
Given the liberal spectrum of what each individual considers to be “elite,” perhaps the Trojans really won’t merit such lofty praise at the end of the year.

After all, no matter what USC does on the field, they won’t be able to play for the BCS Championship in 2010.

So technically, the USC haters at ESPN are right.

For the purposes of the NCAA this year and perhaps next, USC is no longer an elite team.

But not because Ivan Maisel and Bob Davie think so.

And certainly not because the minions of bitter fans at ESPN voted that way.
Bitter fans, indeed.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#3 Aug 26, 2010
CPEM wrote:
The end of the article:
<quoted text>
Bitter fans, indeed.
Why would fans be bitter and about what? If the term "fan" refers to an individual enthusiastic about a particular team or sport then would not fans of USC be the bitter ones? It that a betrayal bitter or ? Certainly non-fans of USC would not be bitter but elated (along with another 30 adjectives) about what has happened to USC?

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#4 Aug 26, 2010
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Why would fans be bitter and about what? If the term "fan" refers to an individual enthusiastic about a particular team or sport then would not fans of USC be the bitter ones? It that a betrayal bitter or ? Certainly non-fans of USC would not be bitter but elated (along with another 30 adjectives) about what has happened to USC?
Hey, you are the one that likes to use the "this is what other people outside are saying" reason, so I'm just flipping it around. This guy who "writes" for Bleacher Report is the one that labels the voters/USC-haters as "bitter." As you like to say, "I'm not the only one saying it" and "that's the media, not me" so there has to be some truth there, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tyron Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USC Football: 5 Best, 5 Worst Offseason Develop... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Bruin For Life 1
News USC's Tyron Smith visits Lions in advance of NF... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Experts see Cowboys getting shot to pick USC ta... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News Cowboys to bring in Usc Ot Tyron Smith for inte... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News Top offensive lineman Hobbi commits to USC (Jan '11) Jan '11 Bruin For Life 1
More from around the web