Rob Oller commentary: Be serious about bowls? You can't be serious | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The Beef 'O'Brady's Bowl will feature Louisville against Southern Mississippi. But you already knew that, right? More football The humor haters have won.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Rob,

Given the perverse number of bowls these days where nearly half of all D-1 schools get to go to a bowl -- and the rumor that very soon 5-7 records will be considered bowl eligible, your future columns might take up a couple of pages in the print edition.

Good thing all you need to do for us is Zip the file.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 17, 2010
 
Some of these bowls are impossible to pick as the teams haven't played anyone in common, or played anyone that played someone else in common.
dean

Daphne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

everyone's right. you're not funny.
BillyVinFL

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

How can these clowns see that picture of you next to this column and still claim you're not funny?? Perhaps you should consider replacing this pic with one of you with the beard. Either way, I always think you're funny Foller. Northwestern (w/out Persa) over Texas Tech? C'mon people, that's gold I tell ya. Merry Christmas Rob and keep those laughs coming. There are some of us out here who truly do appreciate them. Go Bucks!
Dude

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 17, 2010
 
Oh Bob, I have lost complete faith in you now. I always liked reading your column regardless of whose dog was smarter than you.

But, alas and all those startling cries. You have shattered my self esteem and ego concerning you.
You haven't watched ESPN'S bowl break down that
was run about evey night for a week have you?
If you had you would have read,(you can read can't you?).. that ESPN has picked IOWA as the only Big Ten team to win a bowl game this year. AND YOU PICKED THEM TO LOSE!!!
As a loyal reader of the Dispatch who am I supposed to believe? ESPN (who should be under investigation by the NCAA for the money given to the SEC) OR YOU??? OOOppps, shouldn't have said that as I believe they just might be paying off the NCAA.
Anyway, please Bob, please find that dog and consult with him/her more. Bet it would improve the circulation of the Dispatch.
Yes, after reading your article I am definitely having a bad hair day.
OHwest

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow! The Mountain West Champion getting beat by only 7 to the highest rated team in the big ten. The big ten champ losing to a 3 loss SEC team and OSU by a few points to an SEC team that didn't even play for the SEC championship. The big ten escaped those 2 - Oregon and South Carolina!

Our "champions" should dominate a lesser conference and the other teams that could not qualify for their conference championship.
move-on

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Growing up an OSU football fan, I've given up college football after the loss to Wisconsin this season. Until a 12-16 playoff it implemented, you can have your BCS college. The college presidents are forgetting who matters the most-the fans.
Buckeye Dave in NC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

move-on wrote:
Growing up an OSU football fan, I've given up college football after the loss to Wisconsin this season. Until a 12-16 playoff it implemented, you can have your BCS college. The college presidents are forgetting who matters the most-the fans.
So why are you on here commenting?

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

OHwest wrote:
Wow! The Mountain West Champion getting beat by only 7 to the highest rated team in the big ten. The big ten champ losing to a 3 loss SEC team and OSU by a few points to an SEC team that didn't even play for the SEC championship. The big ten escaped those 2 - Oregon and South Carolina!
Our "champions" should dominate a lesser conference and the other teams that could not qualify for their conference championship.
I know that it is extremely hard for your simple mind to grasp, but the SEC has two divisions. The reason Arkansas didn't play for the SEC Championship was because they were in the same division as Auburn who is UNDEFEATED! If they were in the other division, they would have finished higher than South Carolina (whom Arkansas beat down) and played against Auburn. Now is that so hard to understand? Well for a guy that loves to bash OSU and the Big Ten I can see how it would be. And another thing that should be easier to grasp. The games haven't been played. These are simple predictions, which may turn out completely wrong. Got it? Or do you want to spew some more SEC loving crap? I would bet on you continuing to say the same thing over and over, and never respond when you are proven to be an idiot.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

move-on wrote:
Growing up an OSU football fan, I've given up college football after the loss to Wisconsin this season. Until a 12-16 playoff it implemented, you can have your BCS college. The college presidents are forgetting who matters the most-the fans.
Last I checked, the people that matter the most are the student athletes. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Dennis P

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

@FLABUCk Weakest argument of all until every other NCAA and NAIA sports agree and cancel their end of season national tournaments. D-1 football (or FBS, BCS or probably soon the Nike Coca-Cola Nextel division) is the only sport that does not have a national championship tournament.

I will agree that the student athletes should come first but when it comes to major college football, the almighty dollar in #1 in all the polls.
Ken Gordon

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

dean wrote:
everyone's right. you're not funny.
Dean is our number one fan! Keep reading!
this is real change

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I checked, the people that matter the most are the student athletes. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Not wrong .... you're Captain Obvious!

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Dennis P wrote:
@FLABUCk Weakest argument of all until every other NCAA and NAIA sports agree and cancel their end of season national tournaments. D-1 football (or FBS, BCS or probably soon the Nike Coca-Cola Nextel division) is the only sport that does not have a national championship tournament.
I will agree that the student athletes should come first but when it comes to major college football, the almighty dollar in #1 in all the polls.
While what you said is absolutely true, I was responding to someone who claimed that the fans matter the most. I was simply stating that the student athletes should come before the fans.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

this is real change wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wrong .... you're Captain Obvious!
Ok Mr. Repetition :-)
BuckI

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Come on, people...get a sense of humor! It's football, not life and death.
BuckI

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I checked, the people that matter the most are the student athletes. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Sorry. I won't say you're wrong, just naive. This season especially should have given you the clue that it's not the (so-called) student/athletes, or the (average) fan, or the alumni who matter. It's the big donors and the corporate sponsors. Scam Newton wins the Heisman, and either he or Phil Knight will hoist a National Championship trophy next month. The whole sorry mess makes me want to switch allegiances to Mount Union.
Gator Gary

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I checked, the people that matter the most are the student athletes. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Sorry FLABUCK, but the fans, MONEY, come before the student-athlete. OSU makes millions of dollars because thet are consistantely a Top 10 Team and they charge enormous prices and fill up a 100,000 seat stadium. If OSU had a bottom feeder football team like IU or Purdue, Ohio Stadium would be lucky to seat 30,000. Sorry FLABUCK, money takls and student-athletes walk, even at your be-loved OSU.
Kooshi Schwartze

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 17, 2010
 
Ha-ha. I much prefer your humorous remarks to the uber boring serious predictions.

I hope and pray for michigan to win this bowl game. DickRod will be fired otherwise and michigan will save $1.5 million. A win will make it hard to fire him, and we will be blessed with another year of embarrassing michigan football. Great!

I hope tressel gets really pist off before this game and throws a few things around the locker room. The Buckeyes need some of that tough love to get motivated.
Dude

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 17, 2010
 
Gator Gary wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry FLABUCK, but the fans, MONEY, come before the student-athlete. OSU makes millions of dollars because thet are consistantely a Top 10 Team and they charge enormous prices and fill up a 100,000 seat stadium. If OSU had a bottom feeder football team like IU or Purdue, Ohio Stadium would be lucky to seat 30,000. Sorry FLABUCK, money takls and student-athletes walk, even at your be-loved OSU.
Hey Gator Boy, there you go again trying to tell us OSU folks about our OSU.....

We know you want to be one of us but you got to ask us, then we'll take a vote to see if we want you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Trevor Vittatoe Discussions

Search the Trevor Vittatoe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UTEP vs. Buffalo: Quarter-by-quarter (Aug '08) Oct '11 nick 89
UTEP Miners 2011 Preview: Too Much Inexperience... (Jul '11) Jul '11 fiatcar82 1
Four UTEP Miners off to NFL training camps (Jul '11) Jul '11 fiatcar82 1
Green Bay Packers draft NMSU's Davon House, UTE... (May '11) May '11 postaldude 24
UTEP Miners' Trevor Vittatoe draft hopes rise f... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Stinky Pete 3
UTEP football: Miners hope for chance to play i... (Apr '11) Apr '11 David 1
UTEP football: Miners have big questions at qua... (Jan '11) Jan '11 jim79924 38
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••