UF knows a choke Saturday vs. FSU rui...

UF knows a choke Saturday vs. FSU ruins its whole season

There are 48 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 24, 2008, titled UF knows a choke Saturday vs. FSU ruins its whole season. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The difference between cementing legendary status and becoming just another good team that melted late in the season can come down to how large egos swell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TooBad

Winter Springs, FL

#1 Nov 25, 2008
The Gator$ choked against Auburn in 2006, again in 2007 (at home against a 3 td underdog) and Mississippi 2008 again against a 3 td underdog. Florida is a good program but far from being elite.
Rock

Buffalo, MN

#2 Nov 25, 2008
It is obvious, Tebow has the mind set that if they blow it and lose Saturday, then he'll stay another year. His attitude is a time bomb just waiting to happen.
Jay

United States

#3 Nov 25, 2008
If Bianchi had written this, the headline would have been 'Gators Prepare to Choke Saturday'

Since: Oct 08

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 25, 2008
Rock wrote:
It is obvious, Tebow has the mind set that if they blow it and lose Saturday, then he'll stay another year. His attitude is a time bomb just waiting to happen.
I don't believe Tebow is going any where regardless.I don't think he's a hot prospect to be a great pro QB. Sorta like..

* Shane Matthews
* Danny Wuerffel
* Doug Johnson
* The Bachelor (Season 5)
* Rex Grossman
* Brock Berlin
* Ingle Martin

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#5 Nov 25, 2008
Ahhh.... funny how the first three posts are from the haters. I guess their teams are SO crappy, they feel the need to spread there negativity & cynicism on the Gators. They need articles like this to puff themselves up & make themselves feel better about the world around them. Silly haters, Gators are for real - sorry about your luck. We have the 1 loss to Ole Miss to thank for that. That loss lit the proverbial fire under their collevtive a**es. They are playing as one, and with passion - with only one mission in sight - NC!!! GO GATORS!!

Greensboro, NC

#6 Nov 25, 2008
orlandodolphin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Tebow is going any where regardless.I don't think he's a hot prospect to be a great pro QB. Sorta like.****
* Shane Matthews
* Danny Wuerffel
* Doug Johnson
* The Bachelor (Season 5)
* Rex Grossman
* Brock Berlin
* Ingle Martin
Who gives a rats a**. I am only concerned with what he's doing now - for the University of Florida. I don't watch the pros - I could care less about the pros - College ball is where it's at!!
HUFFING

Moss Point, MS

#8 Nov 25, 2008
good luck f.s.u................hope it's a Clean game.
TooBad

Winter Springs, FL

#9 Nov 25, 2008
G8RDAVE wrote:
Ahhh.**** funny how the first three posts are from the haters. I guess their teams are SO crappy, they feel the need to spread there negativity & cynicism on the Gators. They need articles like this to puff themselves up & make themselves feel better about the world around them. Silly haters, Gators are for real - sorry about your luck. We have the 1 loss to Ole Miss to thank for that. That loss lit the proverbial fire under their collevtive **** es. They are playing as one, and with passion - with only one mission in sight - NC!!! GO GATORS!!
Elite teams do not need to lose to get fired up. Esp to a unranked three touchdown underdog at home! After losing to another three touchdown underdog at home the year before!

What part of my first post is untrue ???
Ludwig

Sebring, FL

#11 Nov 25, 2008
I'm a Seminole fan and want to tell all the Gator football players that you guys are the best. There is nobody in the world that can beat you right now. You have nothing to worry about, you will easily handle the Seminoles. Don't worry about, I mean come on, they'll choke and Gators have Harvin and Tebow right??? Hopefully Coach Meyer gives the players a couple of days off, they deserve it.
FarEastKilla

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Nov 25, 2008
This is a game that UF has everything to lose and nothing to gain. FSU knocked out 4 QBs in the last 4 games. Hence, BC's starting QB is out for a MUST WIN ACC game against Maryland this week. Tebow will get his licks rivalry style. Even if he take his licking and keep on ticking, he will be banged up and less effective against Bama the follwing week. You Gaytors should know a banged up Tebow spells doom, remember that Georgia game last year? I know it's an awful statisics no one will mention, but it's the cold hard truth (not my fault if you can't handle the truth). UF fans win or lose your NC chances is at the highest jeopardy this week against a hard hitting Nole's D. Start praying.
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#13 Nov 25, 2008
We don't think "free shoe u" has much of a chance, unless the game is close in the 3rd qtr, otherwise..game over.
FLA N8IVE

Palm Coast, FL

#14 Nov 25, 2008
FarEastKilla wrote:
This is a game that UF has everything to lose and nothing to gain. FSU knocked out 4 QBs in the last 4 games. Hence, BC's starting QB is out for a MUST WIN ACC game against Maryland this week. Tebow will get his licks rivalry style. Even if he take his licking and keep on ticking, he will be banged up and less effective against Bama the follwing week. You Gaytors should know a banged up Tebow spells doom, remember that Georgia game last year? I know it's an awful statisics no one will mention, but it's the cold hard truth (not my fault if you can't handle the truth)**** UF fans win or lose your NC chances is at the highest jeopardy this week against a hard hitting Nole's D. Start praying.
Why does it seem that whenever the Seminoles are dogs that the talk of hurting someone comes up. Why not just play the game with class win or lose? I would think that most players on the FSU defense would like to get a good shot on any of the Gators offense, that is if they can catch up. Just remember that Karma works both ways. Go Gators. 45-17 take it to the bank! As for the Georgia game last year, the team has more than Tebow and Harvin this year.
Sherm904

Orange Park, FL

#15 Nov 25, 2008
TooBad wrote:
The Gator$ choked against Auburn in 2006, again in 2007 (at home against a 3 td underdog) and Mississippi 2008 again against a 3 td underdog. Florida is a good program but far from being elite.
Shut the hell up if we win the nc this year we will be
Sherm904

Orange Park, FL

#16 Nov 25, 2008
TooBad wrote:
<quoted text>
Elite teams do not need to lose to get fired up. Esp to a unranked three touchdown underdog at home! After losing to another three touchdown underdog at home the year before!
Who gives a shit.Your just mad because your team sucks and the gators are going to win the nc
Sherm904

Orange Park, FL

#17 Nov 25, 2008
FarEastKilla wrote:
This is a game that UF has everything to lose and nothing to gain. FSU knocked out 4 QBs in the last 4 games. Hence, BC's starting QB is out for a MUST WIN ACC game against Maryland this week. Tebow will get his licks rivalry style. Even if he take his licking and keep on ticking, he will be banged up and less effective against Bama the follwing week. You Gaytors should know a banged up Tebow spells doom, remember that Georgia game last year? I know it's an awful statisics no one will mention, but it's the cold hard truth (not my fault if you can't handle the truth)**** UF fans win or lose your NC chances is at the highest jeopardy this week against a hard hitting Nole's D. Start praying.
Your a jack ass.He never does get hurt.He beat FSU asses last year with a broken hand so sorry pal tebow will be fine and they will destroy fsu
NoleFan

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Nov 25, 2008
I agree with FL NATIVE'S prediction. 45-17 sounds about right. FSU looked good last week, but that was against a drop-back offense that, for some reason, didn't use any misdirection. When UF starts running a few option plays, FSU's defense will be exposed as confused and young. I hope it's close and FSU has a chance to rattle the Gators and steal a close one, but I don't think it's going to happen. BTW - "Pago Pago Trojan", how old ARE you? How about using a reference from this decade instead of the tired old Free Shoes U? Why not throw in a 'can't spell Citrus without UT'?

Greensboro, NC

#19 Nov 25, 2008
TooBad wrote:
<quoted text>
Elite teams have been upset before! What makes them an elite team is how they handle it - bounce back & accomplish what the Gators have done since their loss. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT AN ELITE TEAM IS ABOUT!!
Guess Again

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Nov 25, 2008
45-17? More like 56-7. Seminoles stink, just like the rest of the ACC. If FSU goes to the ACC championship and ends up in a BCS bowl that'd be the biggest sham in recent college sports. ACC = Big East in my book. Neither conference deserves a BCS bid.

GO GATORS!
Guess Again

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Nov 25, 2008
FarEastKilla wrote:
You must be a UGay fan, right?
T-vizzle

Oviedo, FL

#23 Nov 25, 2008
I'm worried about this game because I know the Seminoles would like nothing better than to ruin the Gators' shot at a national title. And avenge that little four-game losing streak they have going against UF.

Also because the Gators have played so well lately, its like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I believe in Urban Meyer and his ability to motivate his players, I just have my worries like any fan would.

As far as whether or not the Gators are elite, I find it amusing that at this point, that's about all the FSU, Miami, and Georgia fans can come up with. If by "elite" you mean undefeated, then by that logic there hasn't been an elite team for the last two seasons. Last year's national champions had two losses, for crying out loud. And if we beat Alabama, I guess this year the only "elite" teams will be Utah, Boise State, and Ball State. So that logic is out the window, isn't it?

If by an elite team, you mean a team that consistently is ranked in the top five, and has a chance to win conference championships on a pretty regular basis, as well as contend for the national title, I think the Gators definitely qualify. FSU does not. Miami certainly does not. UGA is close, but not near we are.

I also suspect that the big reasons why Gators fans are so hated are:

1. The Gators have been successful in recent years, unlike most of their rivals. They've played in the top 5 and won SEC and National Titles in football. And the two NCs in basketball give the school something else to brag about. Miami and FSU haven't been near the Gators level for five years now. Nor has Tennessee. Georgia has been close, except when playing the Gators.

2. Gator fans generally tend to wait until the game is over to talk trash, whereas FSU, Georgia, and Miami fans have consistently run their mouths beforehand, and hung their heads afterwards. That adds to the bitterness they have towards the Gators. Especially UGA fans.

So basically, they're jealous of our recent success and our class. And our jean-shorts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terron Sanders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meyer expects to keep Addazio as coordinator (Dec '10) Dec '10 Atl Gator 1
News Gator players to host charity (Aug '10) Aug '10 BigDan 25
News Gators: Loss in SEC title game still painful (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jaw 2
News Gators defense not worried about Sooners' stats (Dec '08) Dec '08 marko 2
News Spoils or just spoiled? 'Noles out to ruin Gato... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Tietzmeister 1
News UF knows a choke Saturday vs. FSU ruins its who... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Rob 22
News Florida Gators football Q&A (Sep '08) Sep '08 gatorzilla 23
More from around the web