College Football 2011: 11 Things the Ohio State Buckeyes Do Very Well

May 23, 2011 Full story: BleacherReport 14

Since the dawn of the new millennium, the Ohio State Buckeyes have been one of the most dominant programs in college football, winning the 2002 National Championship and making eight BCS bowl appearances in 11 seasons.

Full Story

“BACK AT FULL STRENGTH-LOOKOUT !”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#1 May 24, 2011
Make it 12 and add cheating. What the hell, we get accused of it so now OSU gets the spotlight of interrogation

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 May 24, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Make it 12 and add cheating. What the hell, we get accused of it so now OSU gets the spotlight of interrogation
Deny, Deny, Deny.... worked for me
Fight on Snookum's

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#3 May 25, 2011
This is why you love to hate us, because we have the most BCS Bowl wins AND appearances, of any team. Success is fun my friends. So let the hating continue while we let the WINNING continue. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

San Marino, CA

#4 May 25, 2011
Matt from Columbus wrote:
This is why you love to hate us, because we have the most BCS Bowl wins AND appearances, of any team. Success is fun my friends. So let the hating continue while we let the WINNING continue. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah the way EVERYONE piled on during the USC probationary news. They all had their sling shots out trying to knock us on the top of the totem pole. My point is NO school is holier than any other so we ALL get whats coming as long as the NCAA continue t pick and choose with their expectations of us to police our athletes 24/7...

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#5 May 25, 2011
USC got the hammer because they are successful and whatever happens to OSU is because they are successful. EVERY school has something going on that could be questioned. I have no doubt about that, I really feel that the punishment should be on the people behind it (whether it's the coach or someone else involved) more than the school itself.
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah the way EVERYONE piled on during the USC probationary news. They all had their sling shots out trying to knock us on the top of the totem pole. My point is NO school is holier than any other so we ALL get whats coming as long as the NCAA continue t pick and choose with their expectations of us to police our athletes 24/7...

San Marino, CA

#6 May 25, 2011
USC got the hammer because they are successful and whatever happens to OSU is because they are successful. EVERY school has something going on that could be questioned. I have no doubt about that, I really feel that the punishment should be on the people behind it (whether it's the coach or someone else involved) more than the school itself.
<quoted text>
Agreed!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 May 25, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed!
Come on Snookums. Eff the NCAA were innocent until proven guilty of all charges

Oh were proven guilty, holy shyt, thank god I'm up in Seattle

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#8 May 30, 2011
Life goes on, Coach Carroll knew...so did Coach Tressel.....college football is still here....GO BUCKS!!!!!! It only get's better from here!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

#9 May 30, 2011
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
Life goes on, Coach Carroll knew...so did Coach Tressel.....college football is still here....GO BUCKS!!!!!! It only get's better from here!!!!
Are you really that O.K. knowing the cheating that took place to accomplish what was gained? I mean if everybody cheats and it's all the same, and nobody gives a rats, why not just throw out the rule book and let the players be semi pro? I mean more than just OSU that is!

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#10 May 30, 2011
There wasn't any cheating, my gosh you are all out of your minds.
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that O.K. knowing the cheating that took place to accomplish what was gained? I mean if everybody cheats and it's all the same, and nobody gives a rats, why not just throw out the rule book and let the players be semi pro? I mean more than just OSU that is!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#11 May 30, 2011
<quoted text>
we'll see let the ncaa do what they have to do... we do know there was lying... a coverup... the tatoos are proof...

Mechanicsburg, PA

#12 May 30, 2011
<quoted text>
How is playing ineligible players not cheating? How is hiding information pertinent to their eligibility in order to keep them on the field not cheating?

San Marino, CA

#13 May 31, 2011
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>we'll see let the ncaa do what they have to do... we do know there was lying... a coverup... the tatoos are proof...
Yeah and I hear there is even something that covers up tatoos too! LOL

Mechanicsburg, PA

#14 May 31, 2011
Pat Forde of ESPN.com , ends his latest column on the situation with Jim Tressel with a telling exchange:

"They say the university is bigger than the football program," said White, the College Traditions worker.

Forde asked if she believed that.

She paused.

"I don't know."

WOW! The fact a college employee even had to ponder it is amazing. When we see the quotes from Cicero, on that he would rather conceal/swallow the original e-mail to Tressel- knowing what he knows now, the fact that so many blame the players more than the former coach, and now this quote. This is brutally eye opening.

This is Ohio St. This is the Big Ten. It just gets more shocking by the minute. Not that some kids participated in illegal acts, we all know that that can and does happen any/everywhere. What is just flooring is how (some) people with ties to OSU would rather the status quo remained rather than the end result.

If you had asked me say a couple years ago, I would have said, "No way". Now, we have to wonder if it was more of an accepted culture, rather than isolated acts, based on the reaction of those that are angry (IMO) for the wrong reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrelle Pryor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-coach Jim Tressel to lead university (May '14) Aug '14 Betrayed 2
Braxton Miller shows in Big Ten title game whif... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ART DECO MAN 2
Oakland Raiders: Terrelle Pryor is Thankful tha... (Sep '13) Dec '13 EastOaklandRaider 10
Bret Bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas is ... (Dec '12) Dec '13 ART DECO MAN 16
Goodbye Purdue, Goodbye Iowa, Who is Minnesota?... (Nov '13) Nov '13 beers 1
Chip Kelly and the Ghost of Terrelle Pryor (Oct '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
Former Penn State QB McGloin Says Ohio State Fa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
More from around the web