Plenty of ifs with Rich Harden trade

Let's call this what it is: a consolation prize. A very nice consolation prize, but not Door No. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
common sense

Rockford, IL

#22 Jul 9, 2008
gee, I guess that glass is half-empty. I think the Cubs ended up with a better deal than the Brewers. CC cost them LaPorta that is head and shoulders above any of the ex-Cubs traded for Harden and Gaudin. Cubs got 2 for 4 while the Brewers got 1 for 3 with the 1 guaranteed only for the rest of the year at a higher price. If, and a big if, Harden fails, Gaudin can pitch for him like he did in Oakland and did well there. Much more options with this trade that the Brewers trade. I see the glass as half full.
beautiful squirrel

Milwaukee, WI

#23 Jul 9, 2008
To say that the Cubs getting Harden is a reaction to the Brewers getting CC is ridiculous. The Cub's goal this season is not to have a better pitching rotation than the Brewers -- it is to WIN THE WORLD SERIES. The Cubs knew in spring training that they were going to need another starter to be the best team in the majors -- if not more than that. Hendry is simply filling a hole that he thought needed to be filled to win a championship. What the Brewers do has nothing to do with it.
tdanlaw

Dana Point, CA

#24 Jul 10, 2008
Rich Harden = Mark Mulder

Billy Bean still hasn't lost his touch.
The Great Gazoo

Morris, IL

#25 Jul 10, 2008
Way, way, way too much attention is given to a team when they acquire one pitcher, a guy who has a say in a game once every five days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sean Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cubs complete sweep of Cleveland Indians with 6... (Jun '09) Jun '09 Henry Hill 102
Desperate, Washington Nationals give Mike MacDo... (May '09) May '09 KAG 6
More from around the web