Easier to flee than fight the Big Ten

Jan 12, 2010 Full story: MansfieldNewsJournal.com

Pete Carroll will be introduced as the Seattle Seahawks' new coach today. Bet it won't come up in his press conference why he's really taking the job.

Full Story
Mayor McCheese

York, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2010
?????????? Put down the Kool Aid you have Overdosed

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#2 Jan 17, 2010
Mayor McCheese wrote:
?????????? Put down the Kool Aid you have Overdosed
I agree this guy is on crack BUTT CRACK

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#3 Jan 17, 2010
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I agree this guy is on crack BUTT CRACK
You're my peep!.........YO!
Florida Engineer

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Jan 17, 2010
I know Pryor injured his knee and hobbled throughout the Rose Bowl. The odds are high that he will reinjure it in the fall now that the coaches have installed more zone reads. So what will Ohio State do if they have to resort to a backup like Texas did in the championship game or Iowa back in the fall?

If I were a Big 10 fan, I would not focus on football. I would focus on wrestling. The Big 10 has a strong wrestling tradition. For example, Brock Lesnar wrestled at Minnesota. So did Cole Konrad. Both won heavyweight championships. Wrestling is also harder than football (in my opinion). But I don't expect many SEC fans to agree with me. I am not naive. Florida doesn't even have a wrestling team.

But if the focus is football, it's too obvious that the SEC dominates. Most of the BCS championships since 2003 have come from the SEC. To be fair, other conference champions always have a chance to win. But at the aggregate level and for a long-term trend, the SEC is statistically more victorious in BCS bowl games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_Championshi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Stanzi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iowa Football 2011: Following Hawkeyes' Loss to... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Larry Kruger 1
Miami Dolphins could face quarterback quandary ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Are Gone 2
Mike Mayock says franchise quarterback trumps all (Feb '11) Feb '11 Tom Loy Chops 2
Widespread upset alert tops Week 3 storylines (Nov '10) Dec '10 spooky 2
Minnesota shocks 24th-ranked Iowa with late TD (Nov '10) Nov '10 rmoss81 1
Week 3 storylines (Nov '10) Nov '10 Coach Tim Horton 1
MSU faces Iowa, which made unbeaten bid in '09 (Oct '10) Oct '10 Go Blue 1
More from around the web