Clarke wants the ball

Aug 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Martinsburg Journal

Ryan Clarke is one of the biggest running backs on West Virginia University 's football team.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2011
Zac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Personally, I would like to see Ryan Clarke be more successful this year. But, it's not gonna happen if he doesn't learn to hold onto the football. He lost a key fumble against LSU. He lost more than one against UConn, and one of those was arguably the game winner in OT.

This past spring he had an opportunity to put it all together and start a'new. Instead, he fumbled the football. True to his word, Dana Holgorsen gave him fewer touches. Now, Clarke is #3 on the depth chart.

It's a shame, really. Clarke has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and talent. Couple that with his experience and his tenacity to lean forward, as opposed to being pushed back (not to mention his blocking ability) and you've got a valuable commodity at Full Back.

You can argue his fumbles lost the UConn game. What with having scored 16 TD's over the past two seasons, how many games do you suppose he's won?

Here's what I'd like to see. Holgorsen has this three back, quazi-wishbone package he likes to use now and then. Imagine that backfield containing, Lindamood, Alston, and Clarke in short yardage or goal-line situations. Who gets the ball?

Let's hope Clarke gets his fair share. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
Eer Fan

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2011

Ryan Clarke will not get the ball 5 times this year. Holgerson has made it very clear that his "B" backs, fullbacks, don't get the ball even in short yardage situations. I don't like this, but it's his philosophy. It didn't matter if Clarke hadn't fumbled his entire career, he wasn't getting the ball regardless. This is the only issue I have with holgerson at this point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••