LSU-West Virginia Preview

LSU-West Virginia Preview

There are 75 comments on the ESPN story from Sep 20, 2011, titled LSU-West Virginia Preview. In it, ESPN reports that:

LSU safety Brandon Taylor doesn't believe West Virginia should score on the Tigers' defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
randy s

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2011
wv gonna burn your arss in the first half then hold lsu off till the clock runns out wv 24 lsu 3

Since: Sep 11

Newburg, WV

#2 Sep 21, 2011
cheese

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 21, 2011
wth are y'all smoking, LSU has the best defense in the nation, WV almost lost to Maryland, mountaineers are a JOKE, 24-10 LSU rolls WV
critter71

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2011
cheese wrote:
wth are y'all smoking, LSU has the best defense in the nation, WV almost lost to Maryland, mountaineers are a JOKE, 24-10 LSU rolls WV
LSU is getting another weapon on offense in Russell Shepard. The defense will stop WV and they will beg the reffs to run the clock.
cheese

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 21, 2011
russel shepard, rueben randle, odell beckham jr, and deangelo peterson, is too many weapons for WV corners, tell me one team that has a DE 6'5 240 and runs a 4.5 40, not a damn one, certainly not WV too much speed to even compare, you are only lying to yourself if you think other wise
trooper2

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2011
cheese wrote:
wat are you on bama has the best df in the nation and wv will take lsu down
cheese

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 23, 2011
trooper2 wrote:
<quoted text>wat are you on bama has the best df in the nation and wv will take lsu down
yea sure thing, cause the big east is loaded with talent right?.... ridiculous man WV thinks Maryland was tough they have no idea what kind of mayhem is pullin into morgantown
unknown

Summersville, WV

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Let's go Mountaineers!
cheese

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2011
GEAUX TIGERS!!! nice game, WV is weak
Josh

Summersville, WV

#10 Sep 24, 2011
cheese wrote:
GEAUX TIGERS!!! nice game, WV is weak
LSU handled my Mountaineers with ease. WVU will be real good next year.
critter71

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2011
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>LSU handled my Mountaineers with ease. WVU will be real good next year.
Your WVU team is really good. My LSU team is just finally loaded for a change and will be next year also. Good luck on y'all remaining season.
I watched it happen on TV

Delaware, OH

#12 Sep 25, 2011
In the LSU vs WVA game, WVA got screwed. Ok, WVA got the ball 1st & went 3 out, then LSU got a touchdown. WVA got the ball on the kickoff, & on I think 3rd down a WVA player was running with the ball 2 LSU players, instead of tackling him, they held him up so the WVA players knees couldn't touch the ground to end the play. Then LSU(punk)tyrann mathieu comes up & rips the ball away from the WVA players arms. After tyrann mathieu is tackled then the refs blow the whistle to end the play. That was WROUNG! Ripping the ball out of the WVA players arms while he was being held up by 2 other LSU players, not able to end the down. WVA had just gotten a 1st down on that play.
Tiger_76

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Sep 25, 2011
randy s wrote:
wv gonna burn your arss in the first half then hold lsu off till the clock runns out wv 24 lsu 3
You were wrong....Very wrong....4 turnovers and it should have been 4 more but LSU dropped those interceptions. Just think, LSU could have scored 35 more points if you throw in the dropped pass in the endzone....Yep could have been 82 to 21.....That's what it takes to be #1....
Tiger_76

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Sep 25, 2011
I watched it happen on TV wrote:
In the LSU vs WVA game, WVA got screwed. Ok, WVA got the ball 1st & went 3 out, then LSU got a touchdown. WVA got the ball on the kickoff, & on I think 3rd down a WVA player was running with the ball 2 LSU players, instead of tackling him, they held him up so the WVA players knees couldn't touch the ground to end the play. Then LSU(punk)tyrann mathieu comes up & rips the ball away from the WVA players arms. After tyrann mathieu is tackled then the refs blow the whistle to end the play. That was WROUNG! Ripping the ball out of the WVA players arms while he was being held up by 2 other LSU players, not able to end the down. WVA had just gotten a 1st down on that play.
My friend...that is how the game is played. You have to hold on to the ball while you touch a knee to the ground to be considered down. If you stand up and try to gain extra yards..you are vunerableto having it taken away... That is what happened last night.

West V has a decent team and you should have little problems going forward. WV still needs to develop a running game. They threw too many passes with 2 interceptions and 4 dropped interceptions...That's enought to kill any team.
critter71

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2011
Tiger_76 wrote:
<quoted text>You were wrong....Very wrong....4 turnovers and it should have been 4 more but LSU dropped those interceptions. Just think, LSU could have scored 35 more points if you throw in the dropped pass in the endzone....Yep could have been 82 to 21.....That's what it takes to be #1....
I like how them tigers get the respect they deserve. Tiger_76 can u say back to back titles. If they think this team is badass what till next year.

Delaware, OH

#16 Sep 25, 2011
cheese wrote:
Yeah & Maryland beat Miami, FL. And Miami, FL beat Ohio State.

Delaware, OH

#17 Sep 25, 2011
Tiger_76 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend...that is how the game is played. You have to hold on to the ball while you touch a knee to the ground to be considered down. If you stand up and try to gain extra yards..you are vunerableto having it taken away... That is what happened last night.
West V has a decent team and you should have little problems going forward. WV still needs to develop a running game. They threw too many passes with 2 interceptions and 4 dropped interceptions...That's enought to kill any team.

He couldn't touch his knee to the ground cause 2 LSU players were holding him so that punk tyrann mathieu could rip the ball out of the WVA players arms. The WVA player wasn't trying to gain yards, since the 2 LSU players were holding him.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#18 Sep 25, 2011
<quoted text>
Yeah & Maryland beat Miami, FL. And Miami, FL beat Ohio State.
That's not saying anything - Miami is not very good and Ohio State is just plain terrible
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#19 Sep 25, 2011
<quoted text>
He couldn't touch his knee to the ground cause 2 LSU players were holding him so that punk tyrann mathieu could rip the ball out of the WVA players arms. The WVA player wasn't trying to gain yards, since the 2 LSU players were holding him.
Then my recommendation is that WVA NEVER join the SEC. It is rough football my friend. WVU players should have been there to help, or he needs to get stronger with his ball protection. You're making excuses - just move on, WVA could do well this season.
cheese

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2011
the so called "punk" you call tyrann mathieu is no punk, he's one of the best corners out there, he is all over the field. I'd hate him too cause of how good he is if I was a WV fan, quit making excuses they got a good taste of hard nosed SEC football at it's best. and the guy that said maryland beat Miami and Miami beat osu, bro Miami just got beat by Kansas state lol, LSU is by far worth the #1 spot, so all u WV fans it's time to jump on the LSU bandwagon, y'all were owned last night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Ford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LSU's mass exodus to draft continues (Jan '13) Jan '13 ART DECO MAN 4
News Analysis: LSU can beat Bama minus Mettenberger (Oct '12) Oct '12 terrence 1
News No. 3 Florida routs South Carolina (Oct '12) Oct '12 Chosen Traveler 1
News Gamecocks and Tigers tangle in top-10 matchup (Oct '12) Oct '12 LSU Dude 6
News LSU Tigers critique their performance (Oct '12) Oct '12 PEE PEE PETE 1
News No. 2 LSU survives upset scare from Auburn (Sep '12) Sep '12 PEE PEE PETE 5
News Hilliard leads No. 3 LSU over North Texas, 41-14 (Sep '12) Sep '12 BigDan 3
More from around the web