USC's Barkley better in fourth than s...

USC's Barkley better in fourth than stats suggest

There are 33 comments on the The Orange County Register story from Sep 14, 2011, titled USC's Barkley better in fourth than stats suggest. In it, The Orange County Register reports that:

The stats through two weeks show a familiar pattern for USC quarterback Matt Barkley : He has fewer yards , a lower completion percentage and a worse passer rating in the fourth quarter than any other.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orange County Register.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#1 Sep 14, 2011
Stats don't lie, you foolish one.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Don't hold this against a fellow Bruin, but he sure has a cute smile though. ;)

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
Stats don't lie, you foolish one.
Good point Rob, stats dont lie

Matt Barkley, QB USC 116 80 69.0 892 7.7 44 9 1 2 157.4

BARKLEY FOR HEISMAN
HaHa

West Hollywood, CA

#4 Sep 22, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>BARKLEY FOR HEISMAN
HaHa
This Bruin wonders if he has a big pee pee? ;)
joey

Livonia, LA

#5 Sep 29, 2011
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>This Bruin wonders if he has a big pee pee? ;)
your close to the truth!the chosen turd likes barklys pee pee?

West Hollywood, CA

#6 Sep 30, 2011
joey wrote:
<quoted text>your close to the truth!the chosen turd likes barklys pee pee?
I hear that his GF says Barkley has a long one. Same thing I heard about that Mark Sanchez who now plays for the Jets.

Damn, we Bruins can't even beat those nasty Trojans in there area either. I am tired of those guys dominating us.:(
hi there

Ashtabula, OH

#7 Oct 4, 2011
hi there!

#8 Oct 4, 2011
Stats don't lie:
vs. Minn
USC leads 19-17
3-4 from Minn 32, throws incompletion
Result - Punt. Minn gets possession with 2:04 left
vs. Utah
USC leads 17-14
3-15 from Utah 41, throws incompletion
Result - Punt. Utah gets possession with 4:10 left
vs. ASU
USC trailing 28-22
3-5 ASU 14, Sacked and fumbles
Result - ASU drive culminates in a TD, making it 36-22
Next possession; USC trailing 36-22
1-10 throws interception
Result - INT returned for TD, making score 43-22
Next possession:
4-5 Throws incompletion
Result - game over
vs. Arizona
USC leading 48-34
4-1 Ariz 47, Throws Incompletion
Result - turnover on downs; Ariz scores in 5 plays cutting the lead to 48-41
This after throwing a pick near midfield, giving Ariz field position that lead to a 5-play TD drive by Foles that cut the once three score lead to 7.

#9 Oct 4, 2011
hi there wrote:
hi there!
hello.

San Marino, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
Stats don't lie:
vs. Minn
USC leads 19-17
vs. Utah
USC leads 17-14
vs. ASU
USC trailing 28-22
1-10 throws interception
Next possession:
4-5 Throws incompletion
Result - game over
vs. Arizona
USC leading 48-34
This after throwing a pick near midfield, giving Ariz field position that lead to a 5-play TD drive by Foles that cut the once three score lead to 7.
UClame takes opening drive against Stanford down to the one and are too incompetent to score. Yeah there are stats all over the place, but the bottom line is we win these games you are dissecting with hate, while you (B)ruins lose and lose badly. Whaddya gonna say when we beat you down head-to-head yet AGAIN? LMAO

West Hollywood, CA

#11 Oct 6, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
Stats don't lie:
vs. Minn
USC leads 19-17
vs. Utah
USC leads 17-14
vs. ASU
USC trailing 28-22
1-10 throws interception
Next possession:
4-5 Throws incompletion
Result - game over
vs. Arizona
USC leading 48-34
You tell 'um BFL. You have so many head spinning stats to bedazzle those damn Trojans, even I am confused.

Now if we could only transition those stats to more Bruin wins and more Trojan losses. Any suggestions?

Go Bruins, please at least beat WSU!

West Hollywood, CA

#12 Oct 6, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>hello.
hello
Now if we can just get Bruin Nation to say hello, we will be just like the opening theme to the old Three Stooges comedy shorts.

#13 Oct 6, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>UClame takes opening drive against Stanford down to the one and are too incompetent to score. Yeah there are stats all over the place, but the bottom line is we win these games you are dissecting with hate, while you (B)ruins lose and lose badly. Whaddya gonna say when we beat you down head-to-head yet AGAIN? LMAO
You haven't played, the #1 offense in the nation, as UCLA has...you haven't played the Stanford #6 team in the nation as UCLA has...you haven't played the #11 team in the nation as UCLA has...do actually think USC would have fared better then UCLA?...I think NOT!!! USC played Minnesota and barely beat them, UCLA would have beaten them too...USC barely beat UTAH and UCLA will would beaten them too, as we will soon prove it...bottom line, if you had our schedule, right now you would be no better than 2-3.

San Marino, CA

#14 Oct 7, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't played, the #1 offense in the nation, as UCLA has...you haven't played the Stanford #6 team in the nation as UCLA has...you haven't played the #11 team in the nation as UCLA has...do actually think USC would have fared better then UCLA?...I think NOT!!! USC played Minnesota and barely beat them, UCLA would have beaten them too...USC barely beat UTAH and UCLA will would beaten them too, as we will soon prove it...bottom line, if you had our schedule, right now you would be no better than 2-3.
We play that team you are referring to, you know the one that kicked your ahss, on October 29th. That may be a good time for you to do a fair assessment. But since you (B)ruins love to always micromanage and twist stats around to your liking, even if we lose to Stanford (which I expect to) you then should put our scores up head to head and determine who lost by more. Isnt that the way you (B)ruins do things? Because if you put up record versus record (like most us normal fans do) there would be no conversation here. HaHa

USC 4-1
UCLA 2-3

San Marino, CA

#15 Oct 7, 2011
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>You tell 'um BFL. You have so many head spinning stats to bedazzle those damn Trojans, even I am confused.
Now if we could only transition those stats to more Bruin wins and more Trojan losses. Any suggestions?
Go Bruins, please at least beat WSU!
Well at least here is one (B)ruin that seems to understand the importance of wins versus losses. Too bad for you (B)ruins that the latter always out does the former. HaHa

USC - FIGHT ON
UCLA - BLIGHT ON

West Hollywood, CA

#16 Oct 9, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't played, the #1 offense in the nation, as UCLA has...you haven't played the Stanford #6 team in the nation as UCLA has...you haven't played the #11 team in the nation as UCLA has...do actually think USC would have fared better then UCLA?...I think NOT!!! USC played Minnesota and barely beat them, UCLA would have beaten them too...USC barely beat UTAH and UCLA will would beaten them too, as we will soon prove it...bottom line, if you had our schedule, right now you would be no better than 2-3.
Wow BFL we got a win last night. Hooray for small miracles. At least the Washington State quarterback finally made that one mistake to basically let us squeeze out the victory, at home, in our Rose Bowl.

Even though Kevin Prince has nicer thighs than Brehaut, if Coach Ricky thinks we are going to beat the good teams on the Pac12 with Prince, well then he might as well start looking in the L.A. Times unemployment section.

But for today at least, Go Bruins. ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#17 Oct 9, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Well at least here is one (B)ruin that seems to understand the importance of wins versus losses. Too bad for you (B)ruins that the latter always out does the former. HaHa
USC - FIGHT ON
UCLA - BLIGHT ON
I am one Bruin to admit our shortcomings, and one of them is the feeling our defense is playing with 9 men.

We may have beat overrated Washington State, but some more mean teams are coming our way and our reality of being a team with a losing record will come back.

Hooray today, Bruins.

San Marino, CA

#18 Oct 10, 2011
Bruin For Life wrote:
If you (B)ruins are even slightly as good as you die hard fans try to make them, then you should realistically go 4-2 the second half of your season (with losses to ASU and USC). That would put you at 7-5, may even save NewHeistals job (I hope). Think your (B)ruin team has the gonads to do so, especially with that deer-in-the-headlights QB Prince being forced to handle it the rest of the way? Good luck...LMAO
joey

Livonia, LA

#19 Oct 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>If you (B)ruins are even slightly as good as you die hard fans try to make them, then you should realistically go 4-2 the second half of your season (with losses to ASU and USC). That would put you at 7-5, may even save NewHeistals job (I hope). Think your (B)ruin team has the gonads to do so, especially with that deer-in-the-headlights QB Prince being forced to handle it the rest of the way? Good luck...LMAO
all you do is run your mouth about ucla and for good reason?you dont shoot your mouth off about the sec here do you fag boy?afraid some of your conference pals will tell you that your condums would get their ass beat by sec teams?i hope ucla gets built up to be strong again just to whip your condum asses!

#20 Oct 12, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>If you (B)ruins are even slightly as good as you die hard fans try to make them, then you should realistically go 4-2 the second half of your season (with losses to ASU and USC). That would put you at 7-5, may even save NewHeistals job (I hope). Think your (B)ruin team has the gonads to do so, especially with that deer-in-the-headlights QB Prince being forced to handle it the rest of the way? Good luck...LMAO
We will be 7-5 but as you have stated, 7-5 will save RN's job but as long as one of those wins is vs. USC. I hate to be the bearer of bad news there CT, but your trOJans have a good chance of going 2-5 the rest of this season and 1-6 is not out of the question...I hope you realize this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matt Barkley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cody Kessler Reportedly Named USC's Starting QB... (Sep '13) Sep '14 KAHUNA 2
News The 20 Most Likely Biggest Blowout Games of the... (May '12) Oct '13 Chosen Traveler 9
News USC's starting quarterback derby still raging (Aug '13) Aug '13 ART DECO MAN 9
News Why USC Football Won't Win the Pac-12 South in ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 BigDan 1
News Eagles Select Usc QB Matt Barkley (Apr '13) Jun '13 serfs up 25
News Project Trojan: QB Competition (Jun '13) Jun '13 PEE PEE PETE 2
News Pac-12 Football: The Top 50 Players for 2013 (May '13) Jun '13 Just Me Wolfie 6
More from around the web