Friday night slights

Friday night slights

There are 2 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 18, 2008, titled Friday night slights. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Although USC coach Pete Carroll has made only a few trips to Washington State, he knows better than to discount a visit to the Palouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Debbi

Long Beach, CA

#1 Oct 18, 2008
Thanks, Mr. Gold, for putting a face to the guys who "get to hold down the grass" on the sidelines. So many young men on the sidelines do not get to contribute to the win or the loss on game night, because the coach's attitude is all about winning, not all about the boys, who will be men soon. The lessons learned by the sideliners are valuable, but quite different from the boys who actually play the game. While most starters are humble, as the article stresses, there are enough of them who believe they are worthy of all praise, and don't give as much to the team as the sideliners do. The sideliners are truly there for the challenge, and their rewards should be commensurate with that love.
Steve

Kailua Kona, HI

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Thank you for making your reading audience aware of the awesome job that the scout team does throughout the entire football schedule. Although my son is a player that does play on a regular basis, he regularly mentions that the scout team makes the team better by creating a real life simulation of a regular season game. These boys should be proud of what they helped their teams accomplish. I still feel their pain and disappointment for not having a bigger role in their playing time in regular season games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Lobbestael Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA's Ayers, Price show disruptive behavior ag... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Adrian G 1
News Wsu QB Tuel questionable for UCLA game (Nov '09) Nov '09 Brew In 1
News Lobbestael to start against SMU (Sep '09) Sep '09 Anonymous 1
News Washington State fans see problems, potential i... (Sep '09) Sep '09 DVS 7
News Washington State fans see problems, potential i... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Als Bar and Grill 2
News UCLA defenders get swagger back in win (Oct '08) Oct '08 UCLA ROB 31
More from around the web