UCLA defenders get swagger back in win

UCLA defenders get swagger back in win

There are 31 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 5, 2008, titled UCLA defenders get swagger back in win. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

UCLA's defense pressured Washington State quarterback Marshall Lobbestael and matched their season total with four sacks, and the Bruins also kept the Cougars' running game from being productive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cvv

Whittier, CA

#1 Oct 5, 2008
Swagger? You have got to be kidding! This group of players is a joke everyone knows UCLA will get crushed next weekend.
Alex

North Hills, CA

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Enjoy this practice game for now. You've got some big games ahead of you.
Ryan Callerson

New York, NY

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Washington State lost at home to Cal and Oregon, and gave up 66 points to each squad. They may be the worst team in Division 1-A. To get your "swagger" back by beating those guys is like picking up the fattest, ugliest girl in the bar and saying, "dude, I still got the touch with the ladies."

And how about that Fresno State egg too?
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Oct 6, 2008
Ryan Callerson wrote:
Washington State lost at home to Cal and Oregon, and gave up 66 points to each squad. They may be the worst team in Division 1-A. To get your "swagger" back by beating those guys is like picking up the fattest, ugliest girl in the bar and saying, "dude, I still got the touch with the ladies."
And how about that Fresno State egg too?
If not for a penalty in the last drive, UCLA would have gone ahead in the Fresbi State game, and we also had a kickoff return for a TD called back on a holding call that took place on the other side of the field. UCLA had no turnovers, and no matter who you play, you're gonna have a chance to win if you don't turn the ball over.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2008
cvv wrote:
Swagger? You have got to be kidding! This group of players is a joke everyone knows UCLA will get crushed next weekend.
Let's put some money on it, big mouth.
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#6 Oct 6, 2008
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
If not for a penalty in the last drive, UCLA would have gone ahead in the Fresbi State game, and we also had a kickoff return for a TD called back on a holding call that took place on the other side of the field. UCLA had no turnovers, and no matter who you play, you're gonna have a chance to win if you don't turn the ball over.
Rob, the coach of Fresno showed class (unlike uncle pete) by running out the clock the last couple of minutes, they could have easliey scored another touchdown. Whats Pete doing with a 1:50 left and a 27 point lead, throwing downd field for a 59 yr TD, REAL CLASS ACT.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#7 Oct 6, 2008
manhattan beach dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob, the coach of Fresno showed class (unlike uncle pete) by running out the clock the last couple of minutes, they could have easliey scored another touchdown. Whats Pete doing with a 1:50 left and a 27 point lead, throwing downd field for a 59 yr TD, REAL CLASS ACT.
hey dude good win for your guys this week !!!! ROLL TIDE
Papa Sam

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#8 Oct 6, 2008
I already invested in this game, money bags will be writing checks for every player after that big win again WSU!!! Go Buins!!!
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put some money on it, big mouth.
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>hey dude good win for your guys this week !!!! ROLL TIDE
yah enjoyed the game, Your boys had a tight one. Don't think you should have fallen 2 spots as a result. Go figure.
The Ghost of Sam Gilbert

Arcadia, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2008
Papa Sam wrote:
I already invested in this game, money bags will be writing checks for every player after that big win again WSU!!! Go Buins!!!
<quoted text>
Once again, this might be funny if anyone besides you and me knew who I was.

BTW, visited the old alma mater lately? Perhaps you should stop by for old time's sake (and get a case of the trots I hope).
give me a break

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 6, 2008
<quoted text>
Excellent point MBD, but if UCLA is scores on that drive and they defending, or if Fresno is losing, chances are they would be calling different plays - completely the opposite sense of urgencty. Uncle pete has always ran up the score when he gets a chance.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Oct 6, 2008
<quoted text>
Excellent point MBD, but if UCLA is scores on that drive and they defending, or if Fresno is losing, chances are they would be calling different plays - completely the opposite sense of urgencty. Uncle pete has always ran up the score when he gets a chance.

Sorry, I use that other name for different issues.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 6, 2008
The Ghost of Sam Gilbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, this might be funny if anyone besides you and me knew who I was.
BTW, visited the old alma mater lately? Perhaps you should stop by for old time's sake (and get a case of the trots I hope).
Nobody gives a shyt who you are when you're a loser.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 6, 2008
Papa Sam wrote:
<quoted text>

bite me.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Oct 6, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>hey dude good win for your guys this week !!!! ROLL TIDE
Thanks my brotha, good luck to the Tide this week.

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

#16 Oct 6, 2008
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I use that other name for different issues.
You have to run up to the score you idiot. The computers and polls all factor these kinds of things and it can make a difference between playing in a NC game or a Rose Bowl game.
manhattan beach dude

West Covina, CA

#17 Oct 6, 2008
SoCalMike wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to run up to the score you idiot. The computers and polls all factor these kinds of things and it can make a difference between playing in a NC game or a Rose Bowl game.
Nice try justifying uncle pete's lack of class, many teams win with class without running up the score, pete and u$c is not one of them.
UCLA ROB

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 6, 2008
<quoted text>
Nice try justifying uncle pete's lack of class, many teams win with class without running up the score, pete and u$c is not one of them.
Thanks MBD for putting that idiot on check. LOL

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

#19 Oct 6, 2008
<quoted text>
Oh Give me a break. That's why fUCLA never wins anything. If you remember back in 2003, LSU just barely eaked it out bc of various computer "factors" and went on to win it all. SC should of been there.

Talk about lack of class, how about purchasing a whole page in the LA Times saying "The football Monopoly in LA is officially over." This, before anything is proven at all and fUCLA ends up with the piece of shi* team you have today. Yeah, really classy there.

What about advertising to the opposing team and selling out your own fans??? Fresno State ring a bell? What a sellout your bRuins are.
Go Bruins

Arcadia, CA

#20 Oct 6, 2008
SoCalMike wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Give me a break. That's why fUCLA never wins anything. If you remember back in 2003, LSU just barely eaked it out bc of various computer "factors" and went on to win it all. SC should of been there.
Talk about lack of class, how about purchasing a whole page in the LA Times saying "The football Monopoly in LA is officially over." This, before anything is proven at all and fUCLA ends up with the piece of shi* team you have today. Yeah, really classy there.
What about advertising to the opposing team and selling out your own fans??? Fresno State ring a bell? What a sellout your bRuins are.
Margin of defeat was removed from the computer rankings, but still may influence the human polls. However, there are currently three potential conference champs ahead of Southern Cal in the polls. Strength of schedule and the Pac-10's lousy out-of-conference record will not help Southern Cal close the gap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Lobbestael Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA's Ayers, Price show disruptive behavior ag... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Adrian G 1
News Wsu QB Tuel questionable for UCLA game (Nov '09) Nov '09 Brew In 1
News Lobbestael to start against SMU (Sep '09) Sep '09 Anonymous 1
News Washington State fans see problems, potential i... (Sep '09) Sep '09 DVS 7
News Washington State fans see problems, potential i... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Als Bar and Grill 2
News Friday night slights (Oct '08) Oct '08 Steve 2
More from around the web